The DQ Times Forum Index

The DQ Times
We welcome new members however registration is by administrator only. To join please send an email to michaela1 at aol.com introducing yourself and explaining why you would like to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

When I discovered DQ

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The DQ Times Forum Index -> How did you discover Dr. Quinn?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Justlegendary

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:35 pm    Post subject: When I discovered DQ Reply with quote

I remember seeing "When a Child is born" when it first aired and seeing a few espisodes as the show ran, but I didn't get into it until it began airing on Pax. The first episode I remember that got me hooked was WTHI. I just loved the period clothing and Michaela's awesome hair. I wanted to be Michaela when I was 13. Laughing Swooning over Sully was a huge part of it too. DQ was a comofort for me at the time having just moved to a new state and not having many friends at the time. It was great to have something to look forward to seeing everyday. I recently got back into the obsession of DQ when I found my old video tapes and fell in love all over again. Now I have all six seasons and make sure to watch an episode or two a night. I've even gotten my best guy friend into it too. We have DQ nights once a month. And that's how I discovered Dr. Quinn.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:45 pm    Post subject: hi Reply with quote

Thank you for sharing this with us Very Happy
WTHI is one of my favourite episodes from season 2 Wink I don't know how many times I saw it when I taped it from tv Smile ....then I only had some episodes from the second season taped from tv...unfortunately they stopped after Abduction or something Sad
Mushcs

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is one of my fav episodes too...

Thanks for sharing it with us
Mary Ann
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Denise, yes, wasn't it great to have something that made you feel that way? Even if some shows on today are mildly intriguing or entertaining there are none that I would call 'comfort food" that is what Dr. Quinn was to so many of us!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Carina

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It really seems like that lots of us have seen the show when it aired and have liked it immediately, but fell in love with it a bit later or a couples of years later, when they discovered it again.
Elaine

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carina wrote:
It really seems like that lots of us have seen the show when it aired and have liked it immediately, but fell in love with it a bit later or a couples of years later, when they discovered it again.

You're quite right, Carina. When it originally aired on CBS, I loved it, but when it was cancelled, I mourned in private. We didn't have the internet back then, so I had no idea that there were so many devoted fans--I didn't know anyone personally that loved it like I did.

We also didn't get PAX when DQ was on that channel, so I didn't remember it until it started showing on Hallmark. That's when I fell in love with it all over again! When the DVDs started coming out, I got them as soon as each season was released.
Irene

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:01 pm    Post subject: hi Reply with quote

I'll agree with you Carina...when it first aired here I was too young...I mean I had seen some episodes but I don't think that I was mature enough in some way...but when I found out again two years ago Shocked I became totally hooked with it Wink
Thank God we've had the internet then and I found out that there are so many other fans Very Happy ...and also made some incredible friedns Wink
jen jen

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for sharing your story with us, Denise! It's always interesting to hear how other fans came to love the series. Very Happy

Irene, it was exactly the same with me. I was 12 when I started watching the show, and I bet I didn't understand some of the things at all, or didn't notice them anyway. I started watching it from season 4 as well, so I had never seen the first 3 seasons before. Until this year (I love the person who invented DVDs!!! Wink ) I wish I could see season 4 soon again, because I can't really remember much of it either now... Rolling Eyes
sunlight

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should get season 4 it's really good there are 2 parter, and a double episode I don't know reach one it is. The last episode end up with Dr. Mike has her baby and Sully had to help her. It was really good!! Very Happy
jen jen

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, yes I hope I can get it sometime soon. Very Happy Hopefully they'll release it here in Europe sometime this year... It will be really fun to watch it again - I bet there will be many moments when I will think "oh yes this is how it went, I had already forgotten". Laughing Katie being born is a moment I haven't forgotten, though. Wink It was a really touching moment.
Irene

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:27 pm    Post subject: hi Reply with quote

Thank God for the internet and dvds Very Happy or I'd never seen the whole show
Michelle

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:49 am    Post subject: Re: hi Reply with quote

Irene wrote:
Thank God for the internet and dvds Very Happy or I'd never seen the whole show

Thank you for sharing your wonderful story justlegenday that was a great one and i know what you mean about DQ being a comfort it has been for me since january 1st of 1993 and has seen me though good and bad .

yes irene i agree thank God for internet and dvds i love the DVDs release they are really great
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The DQ Times Forum Index -> How did you discover Dr. Quinn? All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: