The DQ Times Forum Index

The DQ Times
We welcome new members however registration is by administrator only. To join please send an email to michaela1 at aol.com introducing yourself and explaining why you would like to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Recently Discovered
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The DQ Times Forum Index -> How did you discover Dr. Quinn?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elaine

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When Hallmark was showing DQ twice each morning, for several months, I actually set the alarm clock to get up before 7:00am, just to watch it. Then I'd sleep on the couch for an hour before watching the next DQ.
DQ4ME

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I really enjoyed your story Michaela and Maritz. I am still very obsessed with the show, and like I have said before I watch it over and over again. I take a whole season to work with me and while I am working set up my little 9" DVD player and watch the show all day, I will pause it if I have a phone call or if I have to go get letters off the printer but come right back to it. The show is attached to my being. I love it dearly and your right there are a lot worse things to be obsessed about Laughing
jen jen

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahahah everyone has so cute stories about how they discovered Dr. Quinn and about watching (and taping lol) it! I guess that's how you recognize a real fan. Wink Wink

I didn't tape Dr. Quinn when it was on here because I didn't know anything about VCRs at that time(Boy I now wish I had!!!). I discovered it from the middle of the third season when I was twelve years old. I instantly liked it but my parents didn't allow me to watch it at first (I know...they just had no idea that it was a good family show). Finally, they let me do so, and I saw almost all the episodes from the beginning of the fourth season till the end of the show. I became a fan of the show from the first episode I saw and Saturdays were always the best days of the week for me because that's when it was on here. If I couldn't watch one episode, I got really annoyed. I don't think I missed many, though, probably about 5. Now my season 1 and 2 DVDs are the ones I watch the most of the DVDs I own. I only got them recently, season 2 about a month ago, and think they are the best seasons I've seen...so far (still waiting for the 3rd one to be released in region 2 Razz ).
Anne

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Jen, I can't imagine parents not allowing theirs kids to watch the show. My boys were small when DQ started in Germany (around Christmas 1993), and never in my life would I have told them, "this show isn't good for you". It's just that they lost interest in the show after a while because they were slowly growing into teenager age and there it's natural to develop interests that differ from the parents' interests. Wink

My YouTube | My Facebook
genevieve

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, friends, I think I'm a little too obsessed, me too!!! I taped all the episodes.... once, twice..... and so on!!!!!! In French, in Italian.... And so I have maybe 5 or 6 whole series.... ( or maybe 7!!!) I thought... If one was spoilt..... the other will be there.... Totaly obsessed!!!!!
Geneviève
genevieve

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS. And I have bought one in English, of course!!!
Geneviève
Mushcs

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Genevieve. That is a lot of copies.
jen jen

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anne, I think my parents didn't first allow me to watch it because they didn't know what kind of a show it was, they had never watched it themselves. I had nightmares easily when I was a kid, so maybe they thought it was a typical "Western" and thought I would have nightmares after having watched it LOL!!! Wink When they realized it was in fact a family show, they changed their minds of course. After that I saw pretty much all of the episodes. Very Happy

LOL Genevieve, I wish I had even one complete collection of the series. But hey, you never know what can happen to video cassettes, so it's good to be prepaired in case some of them got broken!! Very Happy Very Happy
genevieve

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely, Jen Jen... You never know!!!!! LOL
Geneviève
Michelle

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the stories about the recently dicoved how you all started wactching quinn that is so cool no matter what quinn is the best show ever.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The DQ Times Forum Index -> How did you discover Dr. Quinn? All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: