The DQ Times Forum Index

The DQ Times
We welcome new members however registration is by administrator only. To join please send an email to michaela1 at aol.com introducing yourself and explaining why you would like to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

The Next Morning After M&S Returned From Their Honeymoon
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kristin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he was just having difficulty knowing he would have to adjust his routine a little to include his other half. The honeymoon would have had a clear-cut objective, but when they're back home, I think he just isn't quite sure how he needs to adapt his old lifestyle and I think he was almost a little uncomfortable. That's what I got out of it, anyway. I haven't seen it for awhile...I'll have to pull it out and watch it again. She may have caught him off guard a little by asking him questions...he's not used to having to "report" to someone - he's used to just jumping on his horse and going without a word. I don't think he really intended to be a jerk, though if I were his wife I would have definitely taken it that way!
romy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Kristin. Actually it must have been a little hard for him to change his daily routine. I mean he always had been with Michaela and the kids for supper and often thriugh the day but he came and left when he wanted to. Every morning he could just do what he wanted because he slept in his lean-to and Michaela had to work the whole day anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This will sound weird, but sometimes I wonder what he was like when he was married to Abagail, and what their relationship was like.
Elaine

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He may have just woke up, and not wanting to disturb her, quietly left the bedroom. She just happened to wake up before he got away, so she questioned him about where he was headed.
Gemma

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too Kristin. And I think that was a boring relationship because Abagail was such a conventional girl. I don't think their marriage would have been a happy one, at least after some years, Sully seemed to need big emotions and a thrilling life.

Clickable banner
kristin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Sully was probably a different person then, too. Not entirely, since he's been living on his own and wandering since he was 10, but I still think he changed some after Abagail died.
Jane

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't CloudDancing have a conversation with Sully, perhaps even before the proposal - CD says something to the effect that "its been many seasons since you've had love." They talk about how Sully's gotten used to being on his own, and how Michaela is quite a "strong force of nature."

I can understand needing to go on with life as usual - you can't stay home all day just because you're married now - but at least kiss your wife goodbye or tell her you don't know when you'll be home but you love her. Something, anything more than what Sully did - which was pretty much give Michaela the cold shouder.
kristin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He does, and he also has a conversation with Sully in that very episode we're talking about how it took he and Snowbird many months to realize they no longer rode separate horses. After that conversation seems to be when Sully decides to help her plant her garden and things begin to be a little easier for him as far as making the adjustment. I guess he just needed to hear it put in a way he'd understand it. I love that about Cloud Dancing...so wise, and he states things in such a manner that people can relate to and understand...
Mary Ann
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to be so pedestrian but in my opinion that whole thing was really just a writer's manipulation. It was the so called 'adjustment' period wrapped into ONE episode that should have been an entire story arc for the season and perhaps might have been if Jane hadn't gotten pregnant.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
kristin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we kind of did see that theme pop its head up every once in awhile throughout the season, and even more so in later seasons as Sully started taking matters into his own hands. He seemed so taken with the issues at hand, he didn't seem to quite think things all the way through from the perspective of a family man. He acted in the way he believed was right for the cause, but didn't always think about what effects his actions might have on his family later. I have very mixed feelings about the way Sully acted later. On one hand, I commend him for doing what he truly believed was right. On the other hand...he put his family at risk several times, and didn't consider the consequences. It's harder to be a "cavalier" when you have a wife and a baby to think about.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The DQ Times Forum Index -> Rewrite Please! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: