The DQ Times Forum Index

The DQ Times
We welcome new members however registration is by administrator only. To join please send an email to michaela1 at aol.com introducing yourself and explaining why you would like to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Money Trouble
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kristin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being a working mom, one thing I think all the time even when I just see the homestead...how immaculate it is, even after Colleen leaves. Not only is she a career woman that has to leave anytime someone is injured, she has a whole building (her clinic) she has to keep practically sterilized, plus keep that homestead completely clean? With 3 fireplaces, and Sully and Brian coming in and out all the time (we would assume, anyway)? How on earth does she have the time? My place certainly doesn't look like that and it's an apartment!
Lynn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that in real life she has a crew that keeps it clean for her, but in the story I assumed that household chores were part of everyone's chores. We saw everyone was dishes so I assume everyone cleaned other things too. The Sully family was different with a working Ma so they would be different in splitting chores both inside and out. I always wondered how their clothes were always clean and pressed. Sully often wore dirty shirts but the rest were clean and they only washed in a scrub tub. How could they wash Michaela's Boston type dresses in that tub?
kristin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I had a crew to keep my place clean too... Cool
romy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always wondered about that as well, Lynn. How the heck did Michaela clean those dresses??? I mean had there been a store to which she could have given them I would have understood but there was no such store. I also always wondered why her bags were always so tiny when they went to Boston or somewhere else. For example, in Washington Affairs she gives those two or three tiny bags to the kids but they did not only stay there for some days.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are so right. I wondered exactly the same about Michaela's dresses. In season 1 and 2 we see her washing her clothes quite a lot. I understood in season 5, after watching A Place To Die, she was having it washed by a Chinese family. They were so professional when dealing with her princess dresses. Laughing
But I think Sully's shirts were whiter when he got married. He became cleaner. Maybe Michaela told him something about this matter. Wink

Clickable banner

Last edited by Gemma on Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total
kristin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the clinic bedding was hired done by ladies in town. If I remember correctly, Ingrid was paid to do laundry for them as well, and yes, I believe a Chinese lady did for awhile too - she was one that died while washing them from the staph infection that had spread through the clinic. I always wondered the same thing too, about getting their clothes to fit in those suitcases...plus the hats that went with them...how on earth did that work?!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The DQ Times Forum Index -> Rewrite Please! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: