The DQ Times Forum Index

The DQ Times
We welcome new members however registration is by administrator only. To join please send an email to michaela1 at aol.com introducing yourself and explaining why you would like to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

I'd need your help if possible

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:16 pm    Post subject: I'd need your help if possible Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I know I haven't been in this forum for a long time; however I have a good excuse - university life Rolling Eyes

At the moment I’m writing a term paper about “Segregation in NY an L.A.”. For this paper data from the US 2000 census is used. Now I want to start a small survey about this topic for the paper. The results of people from NY and L.A. will be compared to the result of European people. Unfortunately I don’t know any people from either of these cities and therefore I just wanted to ask you if you could answer my questions. Perhaps you could answer it by yourself and/or send it to friends/family/acquaintances who lived/live in NY, L.A. or even Europe. If possible, I’d need the surveys back by July 28th.

Therefore I need people from NY and LA. But European people are also welcome. You can send me your answers via PM. Hopefully it's allowed to ask such a question.

Survey for term paper ‘segregation‘

1. Please state your gender
o Female
o Male

2. Please state your age
o 0-20
o 20-30
o 30-40
o 40-50
o 50-60
o 60-70
o 70+

3. Where do you live? Country/city (NY or L.A.)

4. Ethnic Information*
o White;
o Black or African American
o American Indian or Alaska Native;
o Asian;
o Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander
o Some other Race  write entry

5. Do you think your city is segregated or homogenous?
o Segregated
o Homogenous

6. Why do you think this?

7. How many per cent of your friends belong to another race than yourself?
o Less than 10%
o Less than 25%
o Less than 50%
o More than 50%

Thank you so much for taking time to answer those questions!!!

How are the race categories used in Census 2000 defined?
“White” refers to people having origins in any of the original peoplesof Europe, the Middle East, or North Africa. It includes people who indicated their race or races as “White” or wrote in entries such as Irish, German, Italian, Lebanese, Near Easterner, Arab, or Polish.

“Black or African American” refers to people having origins in any of the Black racial groups of Africa. It includes people who indicated their race or races as “Black, African Am., or Negro,” or wrote in entries such as African American, Afro American, Nigerian, or Haitian.

“American Indian and Alaska Native” refers to people having origins in any of the original peoples of North and South America (including Central America), and who maintain tribal affiliation or community attachment. It includes people who indicated their race or races by marking this category or writing in their principal or enrolled tribe, such as Rosebud Sioux, Chippewa, or Navajo.

“Asian” refers to people having origins in any of the original peoples of the Far East, Southeast Asia, or the Indian subcontinent. It includes people who indicated their race or races as “Asian Indian,” “Chinese,” “Filipino,” “Korean,” “Japanese,” “Vietnamese,” or “Other Asian,” or wrote in entries such as Burmese, Hmong, Pakistani, or Thai.

“Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander” refers to people having origins in any of the original peoples of Hawaii, Guam, Samoa, or other Pacific Islands. It includes people who indicated their race or races as “Native Hawaiian,” “Guamanian or Chamorro,” “Samoan,” or
“Other Pacific Islander,” or wrote in entries such as Tahitian, Mariana Islander, or Chuukese.

“Some other race” was included in Census 2000 for respondents who were unable to identify with the five Office of Management and Budget race categories. Respondents who provided write-in entries such as Moroccan, South African, Belizean, or a Hispanic origin (for example, Mexican, Puerto Rican, or Cuban) are included in the Some other race category.
(http://www.census.gov/prod/2001pubs/cenbr01-1.pdf)

Thank you so much in advance and many greetings,
Cat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Cat I can do it since I live in Canada..

If Your Heart Is Open, Love Will Always Find Its Way In-Jane Seymour
Cat

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Michaela&Sully,
thank you so much for answering. I know the chance is small, but perhaps I can find some people. Smile

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not from either of those areas, either. Wish I could help you, Cat. Hope you can find some people to help. Good luck with your project.

(made by Kaitlyn, a friend on a DWTS board)

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=371907511
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The DQ Times Forum Index -> Meet new Friends All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: