The DQ Times Forum Index

The DQ Times
We welcome new members however registration is by administrator only. To join please send an email to michaela1 at aol.com introducing yourself and explaining why you would like to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Helene Udy to be on Blog Talk tomorrow

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mary Ann
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:58 pm    Post subject: Helene Udy to be on Blog Talk tomorrow Reply with quote

Hey everyone some exciting news!

Helene Udy (MYRA) is going to be Pam and Sheryl's special guest tomorrow night on their blog talk show Stanatalk on blog talk radio (an online radio program like Patricia Raskin's) Helene accompanied Pam and some friends to the Paley Cente a while back to see Stana Katic (the female lead in ABC's Castle)in a play called "Meeting of the Minds"- and she has offered to give her impressions of Stana's performance from another actor's perspective
as well as talk about her own theatrical production Rehab the Musical which as I said she would like to invite anyone to who lives in the LA area to attend. If anyone is attending the play premiere night and would like to meet up with Helene let me know and I will hook you up with her.
You can find a bit more about the production here. http://thedqtimes.com/pages/castpages/other/rehab_the_musical/rehabmainpage.html

All of this aside, part of the special chat with Pam will be given over to discussing Helene's own career and especially her role on Dr. Quinn as Myra. Helene is inviting anyone to call in (although it may be too late for those on the east coast) and ask her anything you'd like or just "meet" her on the radio or if you'd rather just join the blog chat and listen to the program online. The program airs on blog talk radio at 2 AM Eastern- so this is one time our european friends will have it easier than the rest of us! The show itself is quite entertaining. Any of you who have known Pam through her Dr. Quinn reunions and especially during Starweek know that she has a very lively personality and with Helene as a guest, this looks to be worth staying up for. Of course for those who can't stay up, the program will be archived on the site and later on the archive page for people to download and listen to at leisure.

Blog talk radio page
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/stanatalkradio

Stana Talk archive page
(here is where you can download and listen to previous programs)
http://thedqtimes.com/pages/castpages/other/stanatalk_archives.html

Here is the info on how to call in and a bit about what they have planned.
StanaTalkRadio #6 June 5, 2010

Sheryll and Pam

Date / Time: 6/5/2010 2:00 AM

Category: Entertainment

Call-in Number: (347) 857-4368

This extra special StanaTalkRadio will be featuring Hollywood local theater which Stana supports. We will review Stana's 'Meeting Of The Minds" Cleopatra role from January 17, 2010 and we will have special guest Helene Udy (Myra from 'Doctor Quinn Medicine Woman' fame and fellow Canadian with dual citizenship from Montreal)who also attended along with Pam for Stana's fun January reading. This should be great discussing local theater with Helene since she is a Producer/Director in this year's "Hollywood Fringe Festival" for her current musical 'Rehab The Musical'(begins June 19th - 27th). This hour will simply fly by and no doubt we will also be discussing her interesting career (thus far). We'd love to hear from you and will be taking your calls even at this "late hour" for this special show (due to Helene's heavy schedule for rehersals)

Last edited by Mary Ann on Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Anne

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info, Mary Ann! Smile

Not sure if I can listen to the show (it's still early in Germany too, LOL), so I guess I'll check it out in the archive later.

My YouTube | My Facebook
Mary Ann
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What time is it in Germany Anne? I thought about 8 or so? if it's 2 AM my time?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Anne

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that's correct. But most times I'm outside at this time because Biene needs to do her business. Laughing

Or sometimes I'm still asleep which happens not too often, but it happens. Wink

My YouTube | My Facebook
Mary Ann
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those who didn't get a chance to listen to Helene's interview on Pam and Sheryl's blog talk show this morning, the link to download it is up

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/stanatalkradio

Just click on Episodes on demand and you will see it listed. Helene comes in around 1 1/2 minutes or so into the show and stays for the entire time.
It's great fun to hear her perspective on the show she and Pam attended- Meeting of the Minds with Stana Katic where she along with other actors including the actor who played the general on Dr. Quinn took the roles of historical figures in modern day times. Helene talks about what it's like to do live theater, about her role as Myra on Dr. Quinn, about working with the cast of Quinn. She also shares an hysterical annecdote about what happened to her just before she landed the role of Myra. Pam and Helene reminsisce about what it was like to be on the set of Quinn during filming, meeting Johnny Cash and June and Helene talks a bit about fans in general and her impressions of the Dr. Quinn fans in particular. And Helene also shares a bit about her current play in the Hollywood Fringe Festival and how that came about. Wether you are a fan of Castle, live theater or Quinn, this is just a really fun listen. More like spending an hour or so with good friends.
CÚcile

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot for sharing the link.

I'll download it and listen to it later.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much!

(made by Kaitlyn, a friend on a DWTS board)

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=371907511
Anne

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the link, Mary Ann. I'll have a look (or an ear) on it later and will most likely download it. Smile

My YouTube | My Facebook
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The DQ Times Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: