The DQ Times Forum Index

The DQ Times
We welcome new members however registration is by administrator only. To join please send an email to michaela1 at aol.com introducing yourself and explaining why you would like to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Need good thoughts today

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mary Ann
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:50 pm    Post subject: Need good thoughts today Reply with quote

Many of you probably saw this already on Facebook but for those who are not there, can I ask you to please spare a little prayer for my cat today. She's 18 and I am wondering if she may be dying. She simply stopped eating yesterday. She's had kidney problems I know for a while but nothing that really seemed to cause anything but excessive thirst. I feel guilty I didn't do all the expensive tests that may have been warranted but I just didn't have the money and she seemed to be doing fine. Lately she's been super clingy but today something is different. She just seems to not be interested in anything. I've been forcefeeding her babyfood all day and will take her to the vet tomorrow for an appraisal but I have a very bad feeling. I've never faced this before and my heart is breaking. Could use some good thoughts. Just maybe it's NOT that and she has something that antibiotics can fix. Still hoping.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ana

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww Mary Ann, my thoughts are with you and your cat. That is a very long life for a cat though, shows how well you've cared for her. Hoping it's nothing serious, and that if it is, that she remains comfortable. Smile
CÚcile

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh poor sweet cat !
You are both in my thoughts and prayers. I pray for a no pain goodbye.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Mary Ann, I'm so sorry to hear that. I'm thinking of you both. (( Hugs ))

Mary Ann
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It turns out it's very serious. She is in kidney failure. Her one chance is if the fluids they give her tonight can show some sign of controlling the infection. I needed to give her this one chance but they said if by tomorrow it's showed no sign at all of responding there really is nothing I can do. To take her home just to waste away, is too cruel. This will be the hardest thing I've ever had to do next to saying goodbye to human friends. I've had Misty for 18 years, she's been my companion for so many of the difficult moments in my life. I know so many of you have been through this at some point, it's just this is my first time..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
HorseyJaneFan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm SO sorry to hear that, Mary Ann. It's heartbreaking to have to make that kind of decision. I've been there a couple times, and it never gets easier. It's so hard to say good-bye to a loved one. Hugs. My prayers are with you and Misty.

(made by Kaitlyn, a friend on a DWTS board)

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=371907511
CÚcile

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My so dear Mary Ann, I've read the so courageous, difficult and painful decision you've taken. You've given Misty a good life full of love by your side. You've had together an entire universe. You've given her a no pain death. There is no word I can said that can really help you. But I want to let you know that I think about you strongly, I pray for Misty. Send you love and huge hugs.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mary Ann,
I have done this 3 times, now, 2 18 yr. olds and a 17 yr. old cat and it is one of the hardest things to do is letting them go when 'they're' ready to go to (mouse) heaven. I learned with the first 2, after hundreds of dollars to 'fix' them, to let the last one go to 'sleep' in my arms when she was ready. Misty has had a great life and is ready, too. We're never ready to let them go,but it's a decision of love that we must bear. My prayers are with you at this horrendous time.
Kay
HorseyJaneFan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My heart breaks for you, Mary Ann. I've been there, and it is such a heartwrenching decision to make. You gave Misty a wonderful and loving life, and then at the end made a selfless decision of letting her go. Big hugs to you. I'm keeping you in my prayers. Someday you will be together again in Heaven.

(made by Kaitlyn, a friend on a DWTS board)

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=371907511
Deb

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So sorry Mary Ann. You will be in my prayers.
Mary Ann
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone, it was the hardest thing I've ever had to do in my life including having my amputation. I go to bed trying to imagine her still curled up on my chest or sandwiched between my legs and I wake up expecting her to nudge me gently with her paw on my face when the alarm goes off. It's so quiet- so lonely without her. It hurts so much missing her. She was my constant companion. I think now of all the times I would nudge her away when I was on the computer and she tried to crawl in my lap, what I would give to have those moments back now.
Michaela&Sully

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aww i'm so sorry for the loss of your cat you are in my thoughts and prayers mary ann xo Be strong XO

If Your Heart Is Open, Love Will Always Find Its Way In-Jane Seymour
dqmwartist

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*HUGS* Saying goodbye to a pet is never easy. I still remember when we put my dog down when I was in high school. Very sad day for me.

I'm sure your cat is in a better place and watching over you now.
juliefan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really really sorry, Mary Ann!
I've lost my eldest dog last year and know how you feel Sad
I keep you in my thoughts.
(((((Hugs)))))
SKYPE NAME: janeseymourfan66
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rose-Marie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Mary Ann, I'm so sorry to hear that
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The DQ Times Forum Index -> Meet new Friends All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: