The DQ Times Forum Index

The DQ Times
We welcome new members however registration is by administrator only. To join please send an email to michaela1 at aol.com introducing yourself and explaining why you would like to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

How you can be part of Jane's new book

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mary Ann
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: How you can be part of Jane's new book Reply with quote

I'm putting this in two places so everyone sees it.

Hi everyone,

I want to share some exciting news with you. Jane is writing a new book in her Open Heart Series and she would like to invite you all to be part of it. This book is about "the family" but not just in the literal sense of the word. It's about the bonds we forge with each other, with our children, our pets, our parents, ancestors- even strangers who become like family. It's about that inexplicable connection that occurs when we open our hearts to love.

To explain a bit better, here are some ideas of "family" from Jane herself.

A Mother and child at birth is so filled with unconditional love. To feel another person grow within. To feed, care for and help raise a child is one of the greatest gifts of love.

The Father whose love for his wife and child is filled with wonder and a sense of pride – the need to protect and the feeling of unity as a family.

The Family dynamic To be one with family but an individual can be a rocky road. Ultimately siblings who can accept one another’s difference and strengths have a unique bond.
We make friends in life, some are acquaintances others we feel are our sisters and brothers. These “friends” become part of our “family” of life.
They don’t need to be genetic but they share parts of our life that unite us and empower us to join our experiences wisdom and love.

To be “FAMILY” genetic or other is to open our hearts – to share our experiences, feelings and humor with another. To unite and support one another no matter what.

As life goes on we collect “Family” with open hearts, we connect ourselves and others in a united consciousness. We realize that nothing in life is more valuable than the flow of love between people.

Support groups – people who meet because they share experiences in life. Whether its illness, theirs or others, being a caretaker and being a friend who can be sympathetic and a good listener.

The bond of motherhood

The Soldiers that fight alongside each other that would risk death for a comrade

The artist who paints canvases to depict his/her vision of the world, and becomes fulfilled when the viewer is emotionally touched, (and is able to touch so many throughout many generations);

The love we feel for our pets who are like" family' to us

What Jane is inviting you to do is share your own personal stories of what family has meant to you, about the unique bonds you have formed through your life through the process of opening up your heart.

If you would like to be part of Jane's book, you can email your stories to me at michaela1@aol.com

Please keep them brief, no more than one page and you are free to share your name for publication or not. Stories will need to be submitted as soon as possible in order to be reviewed for possible inclusion.

This is a very unique opportunity to share in a very special project with Jane and to honor those special bonds of love that we have in our lives.

Last edited by Mary Ann on Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Anne

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for posting this in two places, Mary Ann! I've read it in the announcements section the other day, but needed some time to think it through.

How much time is left to send our contributions your way?

My YouTube | My Facebook
Mary Ann
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadline is mid April Anne

Also, you can send more than one submission you know. Sometimes you have more than one story you want to write and cant decide which. I've done that myself Smile

I do think this is going to be a lovely book, so many ways that people connect as she said, from pets to children, to strangers, nature, support groups.

I look forward to receiving them!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Cécile

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've received the message from Pam on JS'Club
Will try to send you something before next saturday
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cecile, great. You can do more than one if you have more to share. The more sent the better, then Jane can pick and choose
Ana

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to submit more than one... but I have no idea when/if I'll have time to think of/write another. :/ I'm finishing up 6 classes this semester and drowning in all of them.
dqmwartist

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sent you something earlier, Mary Ann. Hope it sounds ok. Smile I about lost it while I was writing....
Mary Ann
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was beautiful sarah
dqmwartist

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Mary Ann Smile
Cécile

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad to focus enough to write down my ideas in a great way. So too late for me but can't wait to read what you've submitted.
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cecile you still have a day or so. Jane said the deadline was mid april I'm guessing this weekend,could be next
Michaela&Sully

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oops I sent mine awhile ago to susan first week of april so not sure if she got it send it to you just incase but I know it's late now xo

If Your Heart Is Open, Love Will Always Find Its Way In-Jane Seymour
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The DQ Times Forum Index -> Jane News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: