The DQ Times Forum Index

The DQ Times
We welcome new members however registration is by administrator only. To join please send an email to michaela1 at aol.com introducing yourself and explaining why you would like to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Anyone watch Bones?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Winnie

Location: Denmark (The Land of The Little Mermaid and other fairytales)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:34 am    Post subject: Anyone watch Bones? Reply with quote

I seem to have fallen in love the TV-series Bones.

There are a lot of similarities between Bones and Castle, at least with the lead characters, so maybe that's the reason.

I can highly recommend it. It's humor is a bit darker than Castle, but it's still quite fun to watch.
Anne

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Bones! Unfortunately I can't always watch it. I decided to take a look at it when I noticed that David Boranaz (whom I adored since "Buffy") is in it. But I like all the other characters/actors as well. Smile

My YouTube | My Facebook
Mary Ann
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pam loves Bones now, she even went to see them at the Paley fest last weekend. She said there are a lot of similarities to Castle in fact she thinks the writing is better on Bones but she prefers the chemistry between Stana and Nathan on Castle. I'll have to try it on Netflix some time.

I've also started the Downton Abbey series on Netflix, anyone watch that?

And then there is my new secret guilty pleasure The Big Bang Theory!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Anne

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Big Bang Theory is growing on me as well, it's pretty funny. I have no idea what Downtown Abbey is about and I don't think it's airing anywhere on German TV yet.

My YouTube | My Facebook
Mary Ann
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anne, it is a PBS series apparently now in it's second season or heading into a third not sure but it's about an English family very much like Upstairs Downstairs if you remember that at all only this is more classy. The actors are amazing- like Maggie Smith from the Harry Potter Films. You can actually view the videos online and on netflix. It's rather addictive!

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/downtonabbey/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Anne

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, I have NO idea what Upstairs Downstairs is, Mary Ann. I've never heard of it. But I don't think I can view anything on Netflix. Remember I'm in Germany. Laughing

Watching them online sure is a good idea, but I'm not sure I'm THAT eager to even look for it. But thanks for the advice. Smile

My YouTube | My Facebook
Winnie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started watching Bones a couple of weeks ago, and after watching season 1, I went out and bought the first 6 seasons on DVD. Can't wait to get season 7!!!
The thing I find most hilarious about Bones is Dr. Brennan's rationality. It sometimes reminds me of Data from Star Trek The Next Generation.

My sister loves The Big Bang Theory, and I like it too but not as much as Bones and Castle and other series. I'm currently watching season 3.

I haven't seen more than season 1 of Downtown Abbey, but I know it's a bit like the Danish series Matador, but not quite.
Marion

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loooooooooooooooooove Bones and have watched all 6 seasons on DVD already a few times Very Happy .
Mary Ann wrote:
I've also started the Downton Abbey series on Netflix, anyone watch that?

And then there is my new secret guilty pleasure The Big Bang Theory!

I'm kind of addicted to Downton Abbey Very Happy and I watched every available episode of the Big Bang Theory. It seems that people who love Dr. Quinn have a similar taste when it comes to other shows Very Happy . (Although I'm not really crazy about Castle - I don't like Castle's attitude .)
Winnie

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On Sunday, those with DR1 (Danish TV channel) can watch the season 2 finale of Downtown Abbey. I'm hoping they get Carlisle to leave because he has been getting on my nerves since he first appeared.
Mary Ann
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this the Christmas special Winnie? I didn't even realize there had been one. I thought there were only 8 eps second season
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The DQ Times Forum Index -> Meet new Friends All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: