The DQ Times Forum Index

The DQ Times
We welcome new members however registration is by administrator only. To join please send an email to michaela1 at aol.com introducing yourself and explaining why you would like to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Christmas Rose

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mary Ann
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Christmas Rose Reply with quote

So went with Renea , Susan Rizzo and some friends to Jane's show the Christmas Rose last night. It was great fun- the story was more of a child's story an odd but amusing combination of broadway musical mixed with Christmas pageant with everything from talking animals to a ringmaster and a children's choir and Mary and Joseph. Very unique. Jane and James began the show by honoring two individuals with Open Heart Awards as the event was actually being put on BY the foundation and proceeds went to the Open Heart charities. The first was given to Leonard Lauder, the chairman of the Estee Lauder Companies, whose Alzheimer’s Drug Discovery Foundation Alzheimer foundation has raised millions of dollars to fund research for the fight against Alzheimer’s disease. The second to Lisa Lori the founder of Operation Smile the organization that does surgery on children with deformed pallettes to give them back their ability to smile. Jane wore a pure white dress with silver embroidery and looked just like one of the angels in the show. Her narration was perfect.

Renea and I sat separate from some of our other friends in the first balcony. We were terrified the entire time we would fall OVER the balcony because the balustrade was so unbelievably low. You got dizzy just looking over as it reached our knees sitting down! We both had visions of Jane having to stop the show because one or both of us had fallen over the balcony! Never have I felt I had to hold on to my seat for fear of falling during a show!

There were some really lovely moments when the children's choir came on stage and Mary and Joseph sang, a charming candlelight procession with little children dressed as angels- so cute some as young as 3 years old not sure which way to even walk! It was a fun way to start the holiday season.
We didn't get to meet with Jane and James- although I did hear from Jane they looked for us.

The most hysterical moment was when one of the actors- one of the talking animals decided to adlib and as he passed by Jane he said quite clearly "Love your dress" everyone laughed hysterically and Jane herself started giggling and had difficulty resuming her reading for a moment.

IT was such a lovely day spent with great friends- far too short but definitely something I would do again.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Cécile

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks a lot Mary Ann to share this so special time with us.
Thanks God you haven't felt Laughing
I hope we'll find some pictures of this beautiful evening.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for sharing your story. Very Happy I agree with Cécile, we want to see picture. Very Happy ..... and what luck you're safe. That's strange with low balcony, in the theatre in Koblenz was the same, it seems that's usual.

Anne

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww, I'm green with envy now, LOL. You ladies are always lucky to either meet Jane or at least attend an event she's involved with. Wink

I'm glad you two didn't fall of the balcony. Gosh, I think I'd have clung to the seat all the time if it was me. Laughing

Yeah, pics, we wanna see pics! ♥

My YouTube | My Facebook
Mary Ann
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There may be some online. we were not close enough fr it o be worth taking pics I'm afraid
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Anne

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found pics of Jane with the honorees, but none directly of the show so far. But Jane's dress was really gorgeous. ♥

My YouTube | My Facebook
Cécile

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Links with pictures :
http://sociallysuperlative.com/2012/12/03/warming-hearts-in-new-york-city-open-hearts-foundation-celebration-concert-at-carnegie-hall/leonard-lauder-james-keach-and-jane-seymour/
http://sociallysuperlative.com/2012/12/03/warming-hearts-in-new-york-city-open-hearts-foundation-celebration-concert-at-carnegie-hall/
Here is a beautiful testimony of Lisa Lori, who has received an Award and a donation from the Foundation :
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/lisa-lori/operation-smile_b_2233201.html

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The DQ Times Forum Index -> Current Projects All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: