The DQ Times Forum Index

The DQ Times
We welcome new members however registration is by administrator only. To join please send an email to michaela1 at aol.com introducing yourself and explaining why you would like to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Please help Pam make her goal in honor of Joanna

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mary Ann
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:25 am    Post subject: Please help Pam make her goal in honor of Joanna Reply with quote

Pam is doing this walk in honor of a very dear friend of ours Joanna Wicke whom many of you knew at least online, who passed away from this very same disease. Every dollar helps Pam meet her goal of $1,000. Please help if you can with any amount! ...

From Pam

Join me in my efforts to support Children's Tumor Foundation!
I am walking on October 20, 2013 in Los Angeles,Ca in memory of my friend Joanna Wicke who passed away several years ago at age 35,Joanna had NF.

She lived her life with courage and compassion she was truly an angel on earth and God missed her so much he brought her back to Heaven to be with him.

Joanna had a gift for making everyone feel loved and appreciated no matter how she was feeling or what tough health situations she was facing she never complained. If you knew her in person or via the internet she always lived life with pure joy in every moment and when you spoke with her she made you the center of her world.

She loved animals and horses were her passion she was always talking or dreaming of horses.

Joanna enjoyed watching Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman, Touched By An Angel,Castle & Dancing with the Stars.

Her family and friends miss her so much and in her memory her Sisters of the Open Heart are donating funds in her memory for the NF walk. I know Joanna will be my angel in my pocket or my angel on my shoulder as I walk to support NF and to help find a cure.

Thank you for supporting Children's Tumor Foundation. Your contribution is greatly appreciated.
http://ctf.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=1043741&supid=389549676

Last edited by Mary Ann on Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
CÚcile

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

done Very Happy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cecile thank you so much. I know it will mean so much to Joanna's family that people are choosing to honor her in this way. Pam is almost $500 short of her goal, I hope we can all try to help her meet it. She is trying so hard but she can't do it alone. Just $5 if everyone were to contribute would help so much! These children have such a hard life ahead of them and it is money like this that will help to fund a cure so NF won't be a death sentence. The team that Pam is walking with is led by a producer from the series Bones whose only little 3 year old has this disease.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
cherubin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mary Ann, in Pam's last upgrade she said, she has now 815 $, what is it now, only still 3 weeks ahead?

I hope she'll reach her Goal. Fingers crossed.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The DQ Times Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: