The DQ Times Forum Index

The DQ Times
We welcome new members however registration is by administrator only. To join please send an email to michaela1 at aol.com introducing yourself and explaining why you would like to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Thankful for you all

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mary Ann
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:20 am    Post subject: Thankful for you all Reply with quote

To everyone here i just wanted to say that i really appreciate each and everyone of you and am so grateful to you for making this place so special. I love that when people have good news to share or need a listening ear, they know they will find it here. You all bring something unique to our community and im glad even with FB weve managed to stay connected here as well.

With 2 new movies with Jane coming out there will be lots to talk about i suspect next year but i also love hearing about everyones lives and hope you will all continue to share when you can.

I wish you all a wonderful Christmas/ holiday season

And no this isnt me signing off for the holidays just wanted to say this to everyone before the real rush begins!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
juliefan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mary Ann!!!

We are thankful for YOU as well Wink

I wish I would have more time to come more often on the board, as I did before, but I have to spend much time in the bus to work & back for the moment.

But anyway, I really LOVE when I come here you all are so amazing!!!!!

((((((((HUUUUUUGS))))))))
SKYPE NAME: janeseymourfan66
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cherubin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank YOU Mary Ann. Just through your forum I've found so much friends including you and I enjoy this place very much.

I appreciate this place and I'm really looking forward to next year with the new movies of Jane.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all members here aboard. Very Happy Smile

Cécile

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mary Ann, thanks a lot to YOU.
You've created this very special place. I feel blessed to be a member.
This forum is wonderful and here I've found friends forever.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to you, dear Mary Ann, for all you did and for all you do.
This place is so sweet and helping for my heart..... I am not here very often these months, because things are hard and not really as I would, but you are always in my heart and I love you.
I want to say to each of you that I think of you every day and you are always close to me.
Love.
Your Geneviève

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank YOU, MaryAnn - I know that even though the last year has been difficult for me (and many of us as it seems), this is really a wonderful place where I know I can always come back to a forum full of great friends!

XOXO Nadya
dqmwartist

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for creating this forum for us, that in some cases feels like home a bit. You all are so nice and supportive which is great. This is also the one place where I feel most comfortable (website aside) posting my poems. Smile

Looking forward to more great years here with everyone. Smile
Mary Ann
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy New Year everyone, May this be the year all your dreams and hopes come True!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
cherubin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much, Mary Ann, wishing you the same. Very Happy

Judy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am thankful for this forum also and would like to wish everyone a happy and safe thanksgiving
WendyS

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Judy! Smile Same to you!

Warmly, Wendy
Mary Ann
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: The Thanksgiving that almost wasn't! Reply with quote

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I had my dad over and Renea (whom many of you know). As I am still on crutches, I ordered a pre cooked turkey which was the turkey that almost wasn't! For those who didn't already read this on Facebook- I order my food online and had ordered my turkey pre cooked along with some other Thanksgiving items and some regular food items. Renea was bringing lots of side dishes and I figured we had planned this perfectly. Well they delivered my food order Wednesday and as the delivery guy was going back for more bags I noticed what looked like a veritable Noah's ark of food- i.e. 2 of everything. Actually as I looked closer in some bags there were 4 and 6 of everything- trust me I love coffee but unless there is a huge sale I would NOT order 4 bags of coffee! When the delivery guy came back with the rest of the bags I told him I thought something was very wrong with my order- and btw where was my turkey? He looked at me quizzically- "you ordered a turkey?" Here I am standing on crutches surrounded by 6 times the amount of food I actually ordered - they had given my 4 pounds of shrimp instead of one ($65 for that alone) and a bill for $260 and not even a turkey! I couldn't believe it! I called customer service who actually said this did occasionally happen -(turns out due to a glitch in the online system that sometimes kicks in, when you go in and out adding items to your current order it can sometimes keep duplicating- or triplicating items) the duplication part of it and advised me to pick out all the items that were not what I ordered and they would take them back and refund me. They would also make sure I got my turkey by the end of the day.

We went back and forth in a few phone calls to see how I wanted this handled- credit or refund and I decided that just maybe I would do something I generally do not do. I suggested very nicely that given that I was standing on crutches for 20 minutes sorting things out to clear up the messed up order a nice goodwill gesture might be to give me my turkey for free. The rep agreed totally and long story short (ok not so short by now) I got a refund for all the extra food, a free turkey AND a $25 gift card that was just thrown in at the last minute. Needless to say instead of losing a customer they got one for life Smile I can always handle mistakes- I certainly make them but it's how they mistake is resolved that matters in my opinion. Gee it sucks to be you- or the equivalent is not the way to keep someone's business and I've dealt with my share of those people too!

So end of story, my Thanksgiving turned out great. After my dad left Renea and I spent the evening watching Call the Midwife and sipping wine while devouring hot apple pie with ice cream.

How about the rest of you?
Anne

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a great day/evening after all. Smile

My YouTube | My Facebook
genevieve

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When we read that now, it seems funny, but at the moment I suppose you were not very glad!!! At the end all was well and good, and I suppose the joy and happiness were with you!!!
Here for me and my family, we have had a beautiful and sweet and joyful Thanksgiving. We had all my children and their family ( except our Corsicans!!!) my niece and nephew, and friends... Really a happiness with all the youngest laughing and playing.... It is a great time in the year.
I hope and wish it is the same for each of you.
Love.
Geneviève
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Genevieve I love that you adopted Thanksgiving in your family! It really should be a global celebration on that day. We all have something or someone to be thankful for no matter what our circumstances!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The DQ Times Forum Index -> Meet new Friends All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: