The DQ Times Forum Index

The DQ Times
We welcome new members however registration is by administrator only. To join please send an email to michaela1 at aol.com introducing yourself and explaining why you would like to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

A Royal Christmas

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mary Ann
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:45 am    Post subject: A Royal Christmas Reply with quote

For those who missed this, it's being aired again tonight on Hallmark. For those who did see it, what did you think? I for one thoroughly enjoyed it! So nice to see Jane in a starring (almost) role again and casting was absolutely perfect. I'd forgotten how well Jane does with more subtle humor- Nice seeing her play a character not a cougar for a change. All the cast were extremely likeable. Be prepared though, Jane channels Meryl Streep (Devil wears Prada) through most of this but she is deliciously fun to watch.

If you saw the film and would like to let them know how much you enjoyed it, the best way is on their facebook page where there are now over 6oo comments and counting

https://www.facebook.com/hallmarkchannel
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Judy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved it! Very predictable but that's ok! She was able to go from being the mean spirited selfish queen to the understanding sympathetic kind mom and did all emotions so well. She was actually kind of a funny mean though Smile
Anne

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen it yet (of course), but I also couldn't find it anywhere online at where I found Outlander and other treasures. I hope it comes to Germany soon, preferably next Xmas on TV, or sooner on DVD. Smile

My YouTube | My Facebook
Anne

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nevermind. I found it. Smile

My YouTube | My Facebook
Mary Ann
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's great Anne
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Mary Ann
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:52 pm    Post subject: Royal Christmas got HUGE ratings! Reply with quote

Posting this for those who've not seen it.

he debut of A Royal Christmas averaged a whopping 4.5 million total viewers, making it the 2nd most watched telecast in Hallmark Channel history among HH’s and total viewers. The joyous turnout also reached a record 6.3 million unduplicated viewers for the network’s largest unduplicated audience of any Hallmark Channel original movie in history. To top it off, the film earned a 4.0 HH rating, becoming the highest rated Countdown to Christmas original premiere and the 2nd highest rated Hallmark Channel original movie among HHs and total viewers in network history. In its November 22nd 8-10pm time period, A Royal Christmas was the #1 rated film among almost all key demos, including HH (4.0), W18-49 (1.6), W25-54 (2.2) and total viewers (2.1). Moreover, the majestic debut ranked #1 in delivery among HH (3,383,000), W18-49 (712,000), W25-54 (945,000) and total viewers (4,482,000
Mary Ann
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hallmark is airing the film again tomorrow night!
Anne

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They seem to air all their Xmas movies several times during this countdown. My other Xmas favorite "A Princess for Christmas" starring Sam Heughan and Katie McGrath have been on for at least three times or even four. Wink I'm glad I have the DVD so I can watch it over and over as I please.

I watched A Royal Christmas this morning my time and I really liked it. I love how Jane is able to convince us of the change of heart in her character, even if it took the queen a wee bit longer to come to terms. Not too happy about Katie's role, but I guess she made the best of it. Nice to see Annie again. Wink

And I must say I'm in love with Stephen and Lacey. These two were adorable. ... But, what can I say... Sam is still my favorite Prince. Wink But I will rewatch this one soon as well. Smile

My YouTube | My Facebook
WendyS

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam is not too shabby. Wink Unfortunately, I don't have the Hallmark channel on my cable lineup. I guess I'll have to wait for A Royal Christmas on YouTube or something.

Warmly, Wendy
Mary Ann
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wendy you can buy the DVD of a Royal Christmas through Walmart
Judy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wendy, the movie is at Walmart. But I did have to go to a few before I found it. It's under $10. When I told Jane I had a hard time finding it she thought I didn't get the Hallmark channel. I told her "oh no, I saw it, but wanted my own copy" Smile
WendyS

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Judy. I don't shop at Walmart, however. So I guess I'll just wait till it is accessible some other way.

Warmly, Wendy
Anne

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took a peek at amazon.com and boy, do they have prices or what?

See for yourselves....
http://www.amazon.com/A-Royal-Christmas/dp/B00PXPSAMW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1418984726&sr=8-1&keywords=a+royal+christmas

Well, since we don't have Walmart in Germany, I went looking online and found it somewhere else and d/l'ed it.

Here's a current list on Ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/DVDs-Movies-/11232/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=a+royal+christmas

My YouTube | My Facebook
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The DQ Times Forum Index -> Jane News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: