The DQ Times Forum Index

The DQ Times
We welcome new members however registration is by administrator only. To join please send an email to michaela1 at aol.com introducing yourself and explaining why you would like to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

My discovery of Dr. Quinn
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The DQ Times Forum Index -> How did you discover Dr. Quinn?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AshleySully

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 12:09 am    Post subject: My discovery of Dr. Quinn Reply with quote

I remember the first time I saw the lady doctor. I was very young..seven or so, and I was at my great grandmother's house. It was past my bedtime, but I didn't care, and we weren't home anyway. My first glimpse was of a flour-dusted Michaela trying to cook dinner in "The Epidemic." I remember that the scene made me laugh, and I've been a fan ever since!

Ash
Anne

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I can't remember exactly what drew me to Dr. Quinn, but I believe it was the trailer I saw on German TV promoting this new series.

Seeing this beautiful woman taking care of three orphans (the trailer sounded something like that) sure made me want to see it.

I knew hubby wanted to watch something else the evening the Pilot aired, so I taped it. Boy am I ever glad I did, LOL. I watched it as soon as I could ... then watched it again. A few days later it was repeated right before the Epidemic, so I watched it again along with this episode. I never missed an episode since then. Wink

My YouTube | My Facebook
Mushcs

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can really remember the exact year that I first saw Dr Quinn. But I remember turning on the TV one night and it was the pilot. Since then I was hooked to it until........ Univerity life took over.
the loc

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 4:28 pm    Post subject: when I first saw Dr.Quinn Reply with quote

I was just going on 13 when I first saw it in beginning of June 1996
We had a lottery quiz show on in Ireland Sept to end May after the last show that May it showed a clip for Dr.Quinn starting the next Sat 8pm on RTE1 me&my mum taught it sounded good esp. as set in mid 1800s America with settlers and Indians living close to each other and a lady Dr. fighting to be excepted we forgot about it and the next Sat we turned on the tv not remembering Dr.Quinn was starting. It just started I was hooked completly and my mum loved it Im so hooked got my brother to order me a series of Dr.Quinn with my birthday money.
My fav characters would be Dr.Quinn, Colleen played by Erica Flores in Series1&2, Sully, Myra, Hank, Mr Bray, Dorethy.
Linda.
Mary Ann
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strangely, I only knew Jane from having seen her in a few mini series so originally she wasn't what drew me to watch the pilot. I remember thinking it sounded original and since I'm NOT into sports it was a no brainer! I knew though watching the pilot this was a very special show and one I would get involved with (little did I know then how much I'd get involved with it!!) The funny thing is, until the pilot for DQ aired, I used to watch a show called Empty Nest at that time period- with Kristy McNickel. Well after Dr. Quinn started airing I forgot all about Empty Nest and never even REMEMBERED it until it was cancelled! Nothing else even existed anymore at 8 PM on Saturdays!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kati

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was 5 or 6 as I saw for the first time DQ. At the beginning I looked it with my mummy, but I was too young and wanted to watch Cartoons!
Then I went to the school and forgot Dr. Quinn. But years later, I think I was 14 now, I saw Janes movie "A Memory in my Heart" and I was immediately fascinated of this woman. Since this moment I bought all films which I could find from her! I became more and more a hug fan of Jane! And by Jane I discovered also again DQ. I did not look the series now any longer with child eyes, so I fell in love with Dr. Quinn after re-watching the pilot! Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:57 pm    Post subject: My first and always Dr. Quinn Reply with quote

When Dr.Quinn first aired I was watching it on and off. I would tape what I missed due to activities I couldn't miss out on- I was a single mom at the time. My friend told me about it. I was hooked! I missed a few then because I would sometimes forget, not purposely mind you. Single and a kid and a full time job- Chaos LOL.

Anyway, I rejoined it on Hallmark part way through when I heard they were showing it and I could get the Hallmark channel here in VA. We had moved from NY. So I started to DVR it and the rest is history. I absolutely feel that TV these days is trash! I can only watch this and the TBN channel now a days. Now, I will watch old epi's of Smallville just to see Jane. Also, I am getting to see some of her old movies too! I'm thrilled. I would also watch Joe Lando if I caught any of his things.
But, the only Joe I REALLY like is Sully, Wink

Byron Sully
Mary Ann
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you about tv today! I find myself lately watching old reruns of Full House and Golden Girls! I like Reba but really besides an occasional movie I don't really watch much of anything anymore. I hope Jane's show is decent and makes it. I miss the days when I waited all week for Saturday to come!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Elaine

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started watching DQ when the Pilot was shown. I fell in love with it immediately! The only show I ever missed--I taped it, of course--was Michaela and Sully's wedding, because my oldest daughter got married that same day! Unfortunately when the show was cancelled, I lost track of it, and didn't hear any more about it until the DVDs started being released. Then I also found it on Hallmark, which I hadn't been able to get earlier. My daughters and I always liked it, and now I have my granddaughters hooked too. LOL!

You can also add me to your group, ladies! I don't remember the last evening tv I've watched! At 8:00 every night, I put in a tape or DVD--usually one of my Jane Seymour movies or a DQ episode. Right now, if there is anything decent on, it's a rerun! But I haven't heard or seen anything of worth that may be coming on this fall...yet. Even with "hundreds" of digital channels, there's very little to choose from.

Daytime offers a little more--I enjoy old game shows, and of course, Hallmark has lots of good old shows. Funny thing I've noticed though...Hallmark shows most of it's shows several times every day, except for DQ. I wonder why that is......hmmmm......

~~E~~
tchrof6th

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps there is a limit as to the number of times CBS will let it air? Mary ann, do you know?

Byron Sully
Irene

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:08 am    Post subject: hmmm Reply with quote

Dr. Quinn was aired in Greece I think when I was 7,but I didn't knew it was until last year Crying or Very sad ...I Know same on me Wink ....so at the time I didn't have the chance to see it....a few months ago,I had some trouble to sleep and I was spending much time in front of the tv in my room Very Happy ...and then I saw it...I was awayk everyday till 4 o'clock after minight to see the show....of course I've tapes all the episodes I could...the only played a few from season 2 Crying or Very sad ....But I met some very good people at the net and inform me that I could order the dvd's from there...so I did....but unfortunataly there not here yet...you see they're coming from Americs through England,and is gonna take a while....But I know tha patiens is a virtue...so I'll wait Razz
Mary Ann
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 10:17 am    Post subject: DQ on Hallmark Reply with quote

Anne that's a good question - CBS assumedly gets something every time they air an episode but I think Jane also receives something from CBS because of her contract. I know the other actors don't- although Joe might, not sure. Beth doesn't even receive any remuneration but I'm fairly sure Jane does. That said, I've also noticed that CBS NEVER reran or even now ever reruns any of Jane's movies. They sell them to other networks but have never rerun them themselves. Even Marriage of Convenience that did so well for them was never rerun on CBS. I suspect again, they didn't want to have to pay Jane.
Lynn

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why does it seem that CBS hates Jane? Is it because she has so many fans that are vocal and critical of CBS? It sure is a shame!
Mary Ann
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do think the fanbase has something to do with it- we embarrassed CBS in the media when they cancelled it and also Les and Mel didn't like being pressured by FANS. Also, CBS execs at that time were not wild about strong women in the industry. It's still tough to be a successful woman in the industry and both Beth and Jane went against the norm
Lynn

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't CBS ever get over it? It seems they ought to forgive and forget they are also hurting themselves. I hope it is not still painful to Jane Seymour I hate the idea that we hurt her.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The DQ Times Forum Index -> How did you discover Dr. Quinn? All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: