The DQ Times Forum Index

The DQ Times
We welcome new members however registration is by administrator only. To join please send an email to michaela1 at aol.com introducing yourself and explaining why you would like to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

My discovery of Dr. Quinn
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The DQ Times Forum Index -> How did you discover Dr. Quinn?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Summer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I discovered DQ when I was school years ago and one day I turn the TV on and there was an episode so I started watching it and I loved it. It was maybe the Third season that was on but I can't be sure. I then watched it every time I got home and then eventually I got my parents into it, and we would watch it every Saturday.

This Dec I asked my parents if I could buy the boxset, and it took some time to have my mom agree (because it was a lot of money) but my dad wanted it as well, (it's also a favorite show of his) so he got it for me for Christmas and ever since I have been re-watching it and remembering so many great episodes.

I have had a few dreams about the show and in at least two of them, Sully saved my life. Laughing Smile

banner made by me.
Elaine

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing you story, Summer. I'm impressed that your father is a big fan of the show. CBS was always giving the impression that "only ladies liked it." Pooh on them!
I'm watching my way through the Megaset too. I love it!
Michelle

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Summer wrote:
I discovered DQ when I was school years ago and one day I turn the TV on and there was an episode so I started watching it and I loved it. It was maybe the Third season that was on but I can't be sure. I then watched it every time I got home and then eventually I got my parents into it, and we would watch it every Saturday.

This Dec I asked my parents if I could buy the boxset, and it took some time to have my mom agree (because it was a lot of money) but my dad wanted it as well, (it's also a favorite show of his) so he got it for me for Christmas and ever since I have been re-watching it and remembering so many great episodes.

I have had a few dreams about the show and in at least two of them, Sully saved my life. Laughing Smile

Wow summer that is so great that you got your mom and dad to watch it with you and love it as much as you do that is so cool .

Thanks for sharing your story .

Yes i agree with elaine phooh on CBS for thinking or saying that only ladies liked the show .
CÚcile

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Summer to share with us your personal discovery of DQ. It's great that your entire family love the show.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing your story, Summer. That's neat DQ was a favorite of your dad's, too. My dad watched it, but he wasn't really a fan (my mom loves it, though).

(made by Kaitlyn, a friend on a DWTS board)

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=371907511
Mary Ann
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The nice part about Dr Quinn was that it brought a lot of families together- it gave people something to share like you and your dad Summer. I used to watch with my best friend/roommate and my godson.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The DQ Times Forum Index -> How did you discover Dr. Quinn? All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: