The DQ Times Forum Index

The DQ Times
We welcome new members however registration is by administrator only. To join please send an email to michaela1 at aol.com introducing yourself and explaining why you would like to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Other passions?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
humdrum

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:36 am    Post subject: Other passions? Reply with quote

For curiosity sake, I was wondering if you guys have other passions besides Jane? Whether in music, cinema or any other art? Are you a fan of someone else's?
Anne

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... of course Jane is my biggest passion (I wouldn't go so far and call it obsession), but there are others I really like too. Like Owen Wilson (I love him since Wedding Crashers, LOL) or Viggo Mortensen (b/c of the LOTR movies).

I used to be a huge fan of Patrick Swayze until Dr. Quinn came along, I even helped run his (German) fan club. Laughing

As for music. My all-time favorite classical composer is Beethoven. I guess I just like his weird personality plus he was a lefty like I am. I adore Elton John since my English teacher introduced us to his music in 8th grade. And I LOOOVE the Beatles. Unfortunately their albums are so expensive or I'd buy them all. Laughing

My YouTube | My Facebook
cherubin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:56 am    Post subject: Other passions? Reply with quote

Yes Sofia, I have any passions besides Jane. I love opera, classic music and I have seen the original musical "West Side Stroy" in Wien a long time ago. I have also seen "The Beauty and the Beast", "Miss Saigon" and "The Phantom of the Opera" and a lot of opera, and a lot of classical concerts. My CD-Collection is very large. Smile

Margarete

HorseyJaneFan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Besides Jane and DQ, my passion is horses! I love everything about them, and my family jokes that I'm part horse. LOL I've loved them for as long as I can remember.

As for other actors, there aren't really any I'm as "obsesssed" about like I am with Jane. My second favorite actors (a very distant second) are John Dye and Roma Downey from the TV show Touched By An Angel. TBAA is my second favorite show after DQ.

Fun question!

Joanna
humdrum

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anne, I too had a crazy thing for Patrick Swayze, I actually still have his She's Like The Wind tune in my iPod. Though my Swayze phase was originated by the mini series North and South. I only saw Dirty Dancing once because two friends made me and I couldn't get into it for some reason.

Marga I too love classical music, give me some Chopin on rainy afternoons and I'm all set. I love musicals as well. The latest I saw was Wicked, what a treat that was. But I've seen Beauty and The Beast, too. It was lovely to see that put into an onstage play.

Joanna, I too loved TBAA!! It aired here such a long time ago now that I have trouble rememering most of it but I do remember thinking Roma was a delight and watching it every single day with my mom. Just like we're doing right now with DQ.
Do you own horses? I love them but unfortunately could never ever ride one.

I think my biggest passion is drawing. And I'm on my way to take painting lessons so I can add some colour to what I do. I adore piano music and Broadway. It's close to an obsession.
As for other actors, I do have a thing for Nicole Kidman and Meryl Streep and kind of worship Streisand since I was twelve.
cherubin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:10 pm    Post subject: Other passions Reply with quote

Oh, Sofia, Chopin I love too. Do you remember in "Farewell Appearance", uncle Teddy (Theodor) played Chopin. I asked my friend, her daughter in law, a Russian, is a pianist. She heart 3 sounds and she knows what it is. Therefore I never forget this: Fantasie-Impromptu Op. 66, 2. sentence. My husband says, it is difficult to play, but I love it. It is wonderful.

I like your new avatar, very pretty. Smile

Margarete

humdrum

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes! I was excited all through that episode and how it focused around pianists. While I was living in Paris this year, I had a friend who would go into the common room of our residence and sit for hours playing the piano when he had a day off from work. He used to play Mozart a lot and I would sit and listen all afternoon. Do you play the piano, Marga? I would love to learn sometime but I figure without actual space to put one I wouldn't get much practice in and piano lessons are rather expensive.

Thank you, it seemed a good one for the holidays Smile
HorseyJaneFan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sofia, glad to meet another TBAA fan! I miss it being on, and I'm looking forward to owning all the seasons on DVD. I just wish they weren't so slow at putting them out on DVD.

I have a palomino Shetland pony named Pixie Dust. She lives at a nearby farm. She lives there with 4 other ponies. Those 4 other ponies aren't mine, but I love them as if they were my "babies."

I've always loved classical music. Even when I was a teenager I much enjoyed it.

Sofia, I love your banner! It is beautiful.

Joanna
cherubin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:04 pm    Post subject: Other passions? Reply with quote

No, Sofia,I don't playing piano, Sad but my husband. We have got a grand piano in the living room (Christian Bechstein) a wonderful piece. our sons have had piano lessons, My husband has teach them. I could the whole day listen of playing piano. Mozart is my absolute favorit. My name here is cherubin. You know, who is cherubin? It's a part of Mozart's opera "Figaro's wedding???" It's a boy-part. He sings "Voi che sapete" It is a wonderful aria. I know the whole text in Italian.
In a holiday a long time ago I was with my friend in Salzburg/Austria, where the birthhouse is. We have seen the whole house. Smile

Margarete

humdrum

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HorseyJaneFan wrote:
Sofia, glad to meet another TBAA fan! I miss it being on, and I'm looking forward to owning all the seasons on DVD. I just wish they weren't so slow at putting them out on DVD

Joanna

They're putting them on DVD? I would love to own then myself but lately buying things out of American websites is costing me a ton. For some reason every Amazon order is checked at the Custom and ends up arriving with an extra tax of fifteen dollars. And unfortunately Amazon.uk doesn't have the same items.

Pixie Dust, how lovely! When my grandpa was alive we had a farm of our own...well, still do, but it doesn't have animals anymore except a few chickens and rabbits. We never had horses, though.

Marga, I have never actually heard that piece of Mozart's. I need to look it up, my father owns a couple of albums.
I'm going to Salzburg in January for my birthday. I cannot wait to visit his birthhouse and take the Sound of Music tour!
HorseyJaneFan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe seasons 1-3 of TBAA are out on DVD. Volume 1 of season 4 came out earlier this year, and volume 2 of season 4 is coming out this month. What a shame it's so expensive for you to buy DVDs on American websites. Sad Deep Discount DVD has very good prices.

How neat you used to have a farm.
cherubin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:05 am    Post subject: Other passions? Reply with quote

Sofia, that's a great visit to Salzburg. Music is around you, like in Wien.
The original title from Mozart is "Le Nozze Di Figaro" and the boypart's name is cherobino (Page), in German Cherubin. And .... don't forget the "Mozartballs", yumm. Laughing

Margarete

humdrum

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish they'd put reruns up for TBAA, but the way television is going I doubt we'll even get to see many more tv shows around here. Is it me or was television a better place when we were younger? lol I know, I mean I can buy from America and pray they won't tax it but lately with Amazon they've been doing it every single time. I have no idea why.

Marga, Mozartballs? LOL I take it that is an Austrian delicacy?
cherubin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:37 am    Post subject: Other Passions Reply with quote

yes Sofia, Mozartballs are an Austrian delicacy, but not alone in Austrian, in Germany too. I'm thinking all of the world. Laughing

I have seen all your new banner. Yours, Anne, too. It's very pretty.

Margarete

Winnie

Location: Denmark (The Land of The Little Mermaid and other fairytales)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my biggest passions is music. I could sing and listen to music all day, especially Celine Dion (listening to her new album right now actually).
I also love to sew. For years I wanted to be a fashion designer.
In general I love to explore the creative side of me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The DQ Times Forum Index -> Meet new Friends All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: