The DQ Times Forum Index

The DQ Times
We welcome new members however registration is by administrator only. To join please send an email to michaela1 at aol.com introducing yourself and explaining why you would like to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Other passions?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
juliefan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CÚcile wrote:
All right, I am thinking about my answer for a long time, so LET'S GO :

I love:
- to read: historical novels are my favorite books but it depends on the country and the time period. French history (before 1900), Spain history (Andalusia during the Maures's period), celtics countries (before 1900), the Ancient Egypt, USA (from 1700 to 1920) - like Disney too (uncle scrooge and donald duck) and a french BD named Asterix
- home decoration: to create things for the home so I embroider, try to sew (my mom is very patient Smile) and use different techniques to transform items.
- music: eclectic tastes but don't like nowadays music (you know rap, young singers etc...), love classic (piano, trumpet, violin), opera and even some commercial music. My favorite singer is Celine Dion. I love zen music too.

I like:
- to cook like to see what I can do with the products and, of course, how it tastes. Now I try with jelly and mousse
- to take pictures specially portraits and flowers

Finally I want to try scrapbooking, patchwork and to paint better.

Hey Cecile,
I love Celine Dion and zen music too!
That's sooooooooooooooooo relaxing!
Have you ever listened to the rainforest or dolphins music???? It's really amazing!!!!
And I'm also a Disney lover!!!!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

So do you use the "Feng Shui" technique???
SKYPE NAME: janeseymourfan66
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jane

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Cecile and Julie,

I'm a big fan of Enya. I could listen to her all day! Her music puts me in a Zen place. : ) (Great scrapbooking music Cecile- LOL!) : )
CÚcile

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Julie, I love water sounds specially storm, rivers and fountains. Never heard dolphins, but I'm going to it sounds nice. Don't know much about feng shui and you ?

Jane : don't know Enya but I'll search too.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

monique wrote:
Great topic!

I'm also a huge fan of Kate Mulgrew ( I have seen her on stage 3 times and met her a once) and other passions are travelling to the USA. Mostly Florida and New York City ( I loooove to shop)
I love to make scrapbooks and I love everything Disney
Laughing Monique

Oh wow, Monique, I'm soooo happy to meet another fan of Kate Mulgrew. I'm a bit green with envy too - you've seen her on stage AND met her!!

Just curious, what was she like in person?

Graphics by JohnX

Myspace | Hallmark | Facebook
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
monique

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi reneag78,

Cool that you are a fan too!!!! Kate is just lovely she is a real sweetheart. I have met her in 1996 when I visited my friend in California. He worked for Paramount and I went to the set with my Mom and saw Kate doing a scene with two other actors. It was just wonderful to see that. On tv everything looks so large and in real it is just small. Kate smiled at me and waved and later I said hello to her. I thanked her for all the work she had done and she she said that she was pleased to meet me. I was nervous at first but when I talked to her I was not nervous at all anymore. Later I went with my Mom to New York City to see Kate performing Tea at Five on stage. The one woman play where she played Katherine Hepburns life. It was so beautiful and so well played that we went for a second time. Oh and I have seen her in Blackpool during a convention. I do have a cdrom with photos and with the convention on it because some friend recorded it (only the sound) so if you want I can make a copy for you. Just let me know
Smile Monique
monique

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Elaine you have met Jane? how was that? This is my wish to see her in real life one day!!
Smile Monique
CÚcile

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooohh ! I forgot to tell you that I love Anne Geddes's pictures and, even at my age (35), I still love too Sarah Kay and Cicely Mary Barker's drawings. Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

monique wrote:
My pleasure!! Great you like disney too. May I ask what is your favorite Disney character HorseyJaneFan? mine is Stitch
Smile Monique

I have a lot of favorites. I love all the Pooh characters (especially Eeyore), Tinker Bell, Flounder and Sebastian (from Little Mermaid), Simba, Pumba, and Timone (from Lion King), and Donald Duck, to name a few.

My real name is Joanna, but you can call me whichever name you want.

(made by Kaitlyn, a friend on a DWTS board)

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=371907511
reneag78

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monique,

I forgot to tell you can call me Renea Embarassed.

How neat to know someone who could take you and your Mom to the Paramount set. I'm glad to hear that Kate was warm and friendly - I've always pictured her as nice like that.

And you got to see her play Hepburn on stage...wow, I bet that was amazing! From the first time I saw Kate play Capt. Janeway on Voyager, I thought she was a 'twin' to Hepburn, the same voice and all - an uncanny resemblance for sure!!! I became a big fan of Voyager seeing Kate's great acting skill (lol plus the show had a strong female lead...as a starship captain no less!!!). My mom and I used to watch every week, and even record it if we were going to be gone when it played. When the show went to syndication we'd both sit up late to see the episodes again...it sort of became our bedtime ritual to pile into bed and watch every night (kekeke, it played 5 days a week!). Sometimes when I'm visiting we'll still do that - trouble is now the show airs after midnight!! I have such great memories from watching that show with my mom, sort of like many of those here had with DQ. ***Ducking now, no tomatoes please...I have no idea how I missed 'discovering' DQ!***

Graphics by JohnX

Myspace | Hallmark | Facebook
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
HorseyJaneFan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

juliefan wrote:
CÚcile wrote:
All right, I am thinking about my answer for a long time, so LET'S GO :

I love:
- to read: historical novels are my favorite books but it depends on the country and the time period. French history (before 1900), Spain history (Andalusia during the Maures's period), celtics countries (before 1900), the Ancient Egypt, USA (from 1700 to 1920) - like Disney too (uncle scrooge and donald duck) and a french BD named Asterix
- home decoration: to create things for the home so I embroider, try to sew (my mom is very patient Smile) and use different techniques to transform items.
- music: eclectic tastes but don't like nowadays music (you know rap, young singers etc...), love classic (piano, trumpet, violin), opera and even some commercial music. My favorite singer is Celine Dion. I love zen music too.

I like:
- to cook like to see what I can do with the products and, of course, how it tastes. Now I try with jelly and mousse
- to take pictures specially portraits and flowers

Finally I want to try scrapbooking, patchwork and to paint better.

Hey Cecile,
I love Celine Dion and zen music too!
That's sooooooooooooooooo relaxing!
Have you ever listened to the rainforest or dolphins music???? It's really amazing!!!!
And I'm also a Disney lover!!!!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

So do you use the "Feng Shui" technique???

Julie, I like music with nature sounds, too. I have a tape of one of my favorite classical pieces combined with the sound of the ocean. It's very soothing.

(made by Kaitlyn, a friend on a DWTS board)

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=371907511
romy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you ever heard of Dan Gibson's Solitudes CDs, ladies??? Those are really nice. So relaxing. My mum got a fan and ordered a hand full before Christmas. Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Renea how fun that is what we did too. 5 times per week watch voyager before we went to bed!!
Yes I agree she is so much like Kate Hepburn it is incredible and after seeing Tea at 5 it was even more so. She is very friendly and warm and like Jane very fond of her family.
Now I don't watch voyager every day any more more like one eps per week but I do watch Dr Quinn every day!!!!

Have a great day!!
Smile monique
CÚcile

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Romy I don't know about Dan Gibson but I'm going to look after dolphins sounds and Enya too so it's going to be another one to search about. Thanks for the info Smile
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Enya as well actually, very peaceful almost ethereal.
Cecile, here you can listen to some samples of her music

http://www.last.fm/music/Enya
CÚcile

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both celtic and relaxing, I like it so much. It's beautiful!
Thank you very much for the link, Mary Ann Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The DQ Times Forum Index -> Meet new Friends All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: