The DQ Times Forum Index

The DQ Times
We welcome new members however registration is by administrator only. To join please send an email to michaela1 at aol.com introducing yourself and explaining why you would like to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

favorite movie
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ronja

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mushcs wrote:
Michaela, the DVD for war and remembrance is available in most places. Most of the internet online store will have it. I already got the VHS but I haven't bought the DVD yet. (Will probably get it this christmas when I am travelling)

This is a mini-series not to be missed... But a word of warning, Have lots of tissue with you.

I already searched Amazon for it but they don't have the DVD here in Austria oder Germany. And from the UK it's not possible to order because most of them don't send these things to Europe... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

But I'll try to find it in another place

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michaela, Try DDD (http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/). I believe they ship to Europe.
Mushcs

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elaine wrote:
Canice~~

I believe it's the Asian version, as it has some Chinese writing on the box, and there are Chinese subtitles, but they can be turned off.

I won it on ebay for just under $30--an incredible price!--but then I paid $16 for shipping, which made me a little mad, because it was in my own city! I emailed the seller to see if I could pick it up for less, but he didn't respond. I wanted it bad enough that I paid the $16 for it to come about 10 miles! Rolling Eyes It still beats $109!

~~E~~

Thanks Elaine. It sucks that you have to pay $16 shipping for just 10 miles. I asked the question because I will be travelling to Asia this december and I plan to get a copy of war and remembrace together with winds of war (just to see how the story started). I am hoping the prices there will be simiar. The last time I look was about US$20 to US$30.
Ronja

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mushcs wrote:
Michaela, Try DDD (http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/). I believe they ship to Europe.

Thank you! I'll have a look at it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:30 am    Post subject: hi Reply with quote

Michaela I have ordered from DDD all the DQ seasons..and I saw there War and Remembrance...you'll find it there..I think it's in a nice price too Wink Good luck Very Happy
Paige

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: hi Reply with quote

Irene wrote:
Michaela I have ordered from DDD all the DQ seasons..and I saw there War and Remembrance...you'll find it there..I think it's in a nice price too Wink Good luck Very Happy

Me too Irene!! They have really good customer service and they run sales pretty often too!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Mushcs

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Furthermore, although some items may not arrived, DDD is willing to resend the item at no extra cost.... Both Irene and I experienced that before.
DQ4ME

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elaine,

I did forget to say that Best Buy is kinda high. You really did a lot better getting it off E-bay. But that stinks that you did it right in your own city and the seller wouldn't answer you back. Seems like it would have saved him the trouble of getting it ready to ship. Confused I always try the net first before going anywhere in my city to find anything. Even the main book stores that carry DVD's are high when it comes to DQ. I buy mine on the net to. Well the first series I bought from e-bay.

Carol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The DQ Times Forum Index -> Favorite movies All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: