The DQ Times Forum Index

The DQ Times
We welcome new members however registration is by administrator only. To join please send an email to michaela1 at aol.com introducing yourself and explaining why you would like to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Just curious - Facebook Apps
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jane

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:34 pm    Post subject: Just curious - Facebook Apps Reply with quote

Do any of you play some of the games on Facebook? I've recently become addicted thanks to a friend of mine who started inviting me on everything she plays.

Farmtown, Restaurant City, and Yoville are my top 3. They are so much fun!!!

I know at least one person here enjoys Farmtown (Hi Joanna! LOL).

If you haven't already played around with any of them, I wouldn't recommend it unless you are A. more disciplined than I or B. can be sure you won't spend your entire evening on the computer playing them as I have done on a couple of ocassions! Razz

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Jane, I don't play on Facebook because I don't want to become addict. And I know I can be. So that's one of my personal rules with the Internet and that's why my home's PC is not connected. When I'm home only have my Iphone.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't play those games--only heard of Farmtown or Farmville, or whatever--but I do have fun with Bingo and Farkle! They too are pretty addicting, but I only play when I have nothing else to do.

I've really gotten to love Facebook. I spend more time on there than anywhere else on the internet now. I think it's because most of my "friends" are people I know from church, both now and years ago, so we always have things to share.
romy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do play mahjong. Colleagues of mine got me into it...Really bad when you start participating in a little battle against your colleagues at work. Laughing Wink

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elaine - Farkle is one of the games my friend showed me. I enjoy it but couldn't get as addicted to it as these others. : )

Cecile - I know what you mean. I never dared "play" until my friend sucked me in. : )

Romy - I've never heard of the one you like...

Razz

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Romy, I play Mahjong, but not on the internet. We have it off-line, with a set of Hoyle games. I alternate between Gin Rummy, Mahjong, and Cribbage.
HorseyJaneFan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jane, I've enjoyed seeing you in Farmtown. Very Happy It was the same for me, a friend introduced it to me, and now I'm practically addicted.

I've never heard of the other games mentioned. Not sure I should try them, or I might become addicted to them, too. LOL

(made by Kaitlyn, a friend on a DWTS board)

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=371907511
genevieve

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, my friends, I had an enormous smile when I read your posts there..... I can't be addict with that.... because I'm absolutely unable to do it!!!!!! I just sometimes open the page on facebook, and write.... So.... it is not tomorrow you can see me on these games!!! LOL.
Geneviève
romy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Jane*

Mahjong is actually a little bit like memory but you see the images. On the internet there are towers build of stones that show images. You have to find the pairs and goal of the game is to deconstruct the towers and get all pairs. I hope this was understandably explained.

*Elaine*

That's cool. I actually never played it in real but I like it very much!!! Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joanna - If you decide you want to at least check out Restaurant City and Yoville, let me know. I'll send you invites... *Evil laugh*
They're pretty neat. Restaurant City you run your own restaurant - go figure. You decorate it, earn points/cash/menu items by hiring friends as chefs, waitresses etc. Yoville you work to earn money and decorate an apartment by visiting a furniture store. Pretty neat! : )

Thanks for the explanation, Romy. It does make sense. I may check it out but the way the games I already play consume my evenings, maybe it's best I leave it a mystery. LOL! Smile

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jane, I understand now why you like to play to these games !!!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Romy, thanks for explaining the games.

Jane, the Restaurant game sounds fun. I'll have to think about whether to join. I really shouldn't (I'm already addicted to the farm game, place the other message boards I'm on), but it does sound fun. Hmm.... Smile

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=371907511
Mary Ann
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I"m not sure about the games, but I have been doing some of the quizzes and those are fun, sort of a way to get to know people's likes a little. I don't really care for the apps though like sending people a drink or flowers- I don't have time to respond to all that. I am starting to check FB out more lately though and starting to get into it a bit.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
HorseyJaneFan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

michaela1 wrote:
I"m not sure about the games, but I have been doing some of the quizzes and those are fun, sort of a way to get to know people's likes a little. I don't really care for the apps though like sending people a drink or flowers- I don't have time to respond to all that. I am starting to check FB out more lately though and starting to get into it a bit.

I like the quizzes, too. They are fun, and as you said, a great way to get to know other people. At first I wasn't too crazy about facebook, but now I'm starting to get addicted. Very Happy

Mushcs

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sort of hooked to a game in Facebook called Mousehunt.... yes catching mice...

And I am in Pet Society too (thanks Saray!!!!)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The DQ Times Forum Index -> Meet new Friends All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: