The DQ Times Forum Index

The DQ Times
We welcome new members however registration is by administrator only. To join please send an email to michaela1 at aol.com introducing yourself and explaining why you would like to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

ouch
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mary Ann
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:02 am    Post subject: ouch Reply with quote

Ok I've decided I should just stay OFF trains. A few years ago I fractured my hip- noone believed that at the time as you usually think of that sort of thing happening to 80 year olds- but I managed. (the only good part was they had to put me in with people a lot older than me so I was kind of the 'celebrity' on the floor LOL - The experience did have it's up side though The hospital couldnt believe how many flowers and gifts I received (mostly from internet friends) My bed was so full of stuffed animals there was barely room for me!- I even actually received flowers from Jane and James although they managed at the florist to spell JANE"s name wrong and wrote Janet LOL! My brother who ran a florist shop at the time could NOT get me to throw those flowers out until I left! He just shook his head but hey... YOU guys understand I bet Smile

Anyway, I was getting off the commuter train that time- arms loaded with bags and on my cell- NOT A SMART MOVE- Winter, snow and a raised platform on the station all worked together and I found myself tripping as I got down on the raised platform (which interestingly my complex removed shortly after this) and I literally flew through the air and landed on my hip. Note to the PTB- when I wished to be able to fly when I was a kid this is NOT what I had in mind! ) Anyway, I was out of commission for a good 6 weeks and afraid to walk without crutches for a year (psychogically I was terrified of falling again) So last week, it's pouring (snow- rain- hmm maybe it's precipitation not trains?) and it's slippery inside the vestibule of the train and I slip- I fell smack on my knee and yes it HURT. The floor is metal and ribbed supposedly to make it less slippery Rolling Eyes I didn't break anything but the pain has gone from agony lifting my knee to go up and down stairs to now walking so I went to the doctor yesterday. The good news is nothing is broken the bad is that I managed to get an infection right at the point of the joint which accounts for the pain. She gave me an antibiotic and hopefully it will clear up soon but I decided not to deal with the walking and up and down to work and stay home at least today- probably rest of the week and rest. So I may pop in here and on facebook, twitter a bit more - Oh and yes Renea I AM doing my algebra- I'm on percentages! Next it's working on my German- got to do something productive with all this free time right Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
cherubin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mara Ann, I hope you'll better very very soon and the antibiotics will help you. Please take care and rest. Hugs.

cherubin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get well soon, dear Mary Ann

romy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you'll soon be better!!!! Well the good part is that you'll finally have some time for YOU!!! Wink

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Mary Ann, I'm so sorry! I hope you get better soon and that the pain goes away - FAST! Perhaps you can really enjoy your "free time" a little! Think always positive!
Helga

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mary Ann,

Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aww thanks.
The problem with resting in bed is the minute you stop doing anything like reading or watching tv etc. you find yourself getting sleepy.

Must drink more water. Oh, hmmm Jane's Memory in my Heart is on GMC
something to do Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Jane

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take care MaryAnn - Let us know if you need anything. We're all here. Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sleep is a very good medicine too!And i think when you're working, you don't get enough of it, so take the chance!
HorseyJaneFan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So sorry to hear that, Mary Ann. Maybe you need to have a DQ marathon and watch several DQ DVDs. Very Happy I hope you feel better soon. *Hugs*

(made by Kaitlyn, a friend on a DWTS board)

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=371907511
Lynn

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you should have painted the flowers from Janet. Yes we understand the desire to keep them. You are the first person I know that has gotten and infection from a fall. You are very talented. Hope the medicine works quickly
Mushcs

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take Care of yourself Mary Ann...

Get Well soon........
Mary Ann
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha Lynn well when I fell I got an abrasion on my knee, that is what got infected. Yep that's me talented Rolling Eyes
Michaela&Sully

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Sweetie.. Omg you feel again and now an infection.. Hoping the antibiotics are working for you... Take care of yourself I can't believe I didn't see this earlier..

Get well soon XO

If Your Heart Is Open, Love Will Always Find Its Way In-Jane Seymour
Gemma

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get well soon Mary Ann. We all need you in full health!

Clickable banner
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The DQ Times Forum Index -> Meet new Friends All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: