The DQ Times Forum Index

The DQ Times
We welcome new members however registration is by administrator only. To join please send an email to michaela1 at aol.com introducing yourself and explaining why you would like to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Friend of the heart in need
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mary Ann
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Julie good luck to you too!
Gosh the economy stinks everywhere doesn't it??? Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
lindsey

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Renea, I'm praying for and thinking of you. I truly believe and feel that God is shaping and molding the best job He has in mind for you Smile I know exactly what you're going through; in the last two years in Georgia, I've been laid off three times, and fired (after working there for four years), once. Our God always provides Smile Keep your faith! We are here for you Smile
Anne

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww Renea, I'm so sorry! If someone knows how much it sucks to be without a job, it's me. I've been trying and trying for years to find something ... ANYTHING ... but still without any luck. You, with a university degree should be much more lucky than me, but it can never hurt to keep our fingers crossed and send a lot of good vibes your way.

(((Hugs)))

My YouTube | My Facebook
janine

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Renea I am so sorry!
I also lost in my pregnancy 20 months ago my job and know like you feel!
See forwards and do not surrender, it will go again Uphill, believe me!
I wish you a lot of strength to smash a new way!

Dr.Quinn World German Fanforum
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
reneag78

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you everyone for your prayers and words of encouragement. I can't tell you how much they mean to me, knowing you all care about what I'm going through. You all are the best!!!

I can't believe I'm about to do this, but I feel like I need to share some of what's been going on with me lately. Ordinarily I'd not share such private matters in such a public arena for all the world to see. But I feel as if you all are family to me and that outweighs all the lurkers out there - I know how much you all care and I'm certain your prayers and good wishes can help me through this.

At this moment I've reached the critical point where I've exhausted all my financial resources after losing my job. I'm waiting to hear news about a couple of jobs in Boston and it's crucial one of these jobs works out in the next day or two. If not I have no other option but to give up my apartment, after living here more than 6 years, and move back to my parents' house - I tried filing for unemployment, but much to my dismay I don't meet the qualifications. For various reasons (long story), moving back with my parents and brother isn't a good thing for me, especially emotionally. Besides that moving back to Florence won't solve all my problems anyway - I'll still have plenty of bills following me (car loan, student loan, car insurance, etc). I have no idea where I'll come up with funds to pay these bills. Florence is a small town and the job market there is even worse than where I am now, and there are certainly no jobs for a neuroscientist there.

To be totally honest I'm scared to death right now, on so many levels. It feels as if I'm losing what I've fought so hard to achieve, namely my independence and self-respect. I love my mom and dad, but it won't be easy to say the least to go back 'home' feeling like I've failed somehow, becoming a burden to my parents when I should be supporting myself. Logically I know that isn't the case, my parents are happy to have me - but my heart disagrees. With my mom being sick, and my brother already having moved home again (another long story...and part of the problem), I feel even more like I shouldn't be adding to the strain on my dad's limited income. In many ways I'm fighting a battle with myself, trying to keep a positive outlook while I do what has to be done to survive at the moment. I know I'm not the only one out there in this situation, but it still doesn't make it any easier.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I need your thoughts and prayers now more than ever. I know I'll get through this challenge too, like I have many before, but now unlike before I know the blessings of having a loving group of friends supporting me, making difficult journeys a little easier. So now I'm reaching out and asking you all to help me with this journey. Please continue to remember me in your thoughts and prayers, especially the next few days.

I'm so grateful to be part of this sisterhood - THANK YOU AND I LOVE YOU ALL!!!

Graphics by JohnX

Myspace | Hallmark | Facebook
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Mary Ann
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Renea, you know how I feel about all of this but I'm glad you decided to share here- this IS a very special group and I know first hand what having such a group can do to get you through difficult times. It WILL work out, it's all just part of the journey- probably organized by Sully who doesn't believe in MAPS
Wink
cherubin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Renea, I'm s sorry about your situation. As Mary Ann said, it is a good decision, to share here. I will keep my fingers crossed for a new job, and of course, I keep you in my thoughts and prayers. In all cases I can understand you. I hope you have luck. I'm with you and I love you too. Hugs.

HorseyJaneFan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Renea,

Thanks for sharing. After reading your post, I just want to give you a huge hug. *Hugs* I'm so sorry you are going thru such a rough time. I understand why you don't want to move back with your parents, but even if you have to, please remember, it isn't because you failed. A great quote I once read is "Failure is an event, not a person." Times are hard right now. I know you've done everything you could.

You will continue to be in my prayers. I really believe in the power of prayer. I also believe that God never closes a door without opening a window. I pray a new job will open up for you soon.

I'm here, if you need someone to talk to.

Love & Hugs.

(made by Kaitlyn, a friend on a DWTS board)

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=371907511
Jane

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Renea,

"Even though the chilling cold of this dark foggy night has temporarily confused you, deep in your heart you know two important truths - the sun is still there and always will be, and the fog will eventually pass too beccause it always does."

You have friends here who really care about you and have faith that you will succeed. Everything will work out just fine - keep a positive attitude and don't give up. We're all praying for you and sending you positive vibes.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hang in there sweetie... Wrote to you on facebook;) XO

If Your Heart Is Open, Love Will Always Find Its Way In-Jane Seymour
CÚcile

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Renea, my dear friend, thanks to share with us, thanks for your confidence.
I'm so deeply sorry. You're in my prayers and in my thoughts. I dream to have another way to help you more.
I understand your feelings about going back home, but, please, don't even thought just a second, that you've failed.
You have worked very hard to become a neuroscientist, a new battle is here but you're not alone, even if it's in mind and heart, we are with you, by your side, in every step you make.
I believe that God never close a door without opening a new one.
I wish you luck for Boston or everywhere else you want to go.
OH sisterhood has a secret power : the power of prayer and love. I believe in it.
I'm with you, always.
Hugs

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for trusting us all to open up on this or talk about it. It's never easy to share such personal things but very often it helps to talk about it.

I'm very sorry to hear that you feel like you've failed. Please don't. You're obviously going through hard times now but please always remember that the dark clouds will pass and the sunlight will come through again. I believe in you. You are a strong young woman, intelligent, graduated and I know you will find a solution. As you might know by now, we are always here to listen when you are down and need help, even if we can only listen and give you strength through our words. I so wish I could do more. I understand your fears or worries of going back home to your parents but keep in mind it won't be for forever. I'm positive that you'll find a job and I'll think of you and keep you in my prayers like I did those last weeks.

Sending you many many hugs!!! Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well girls, unfortunately none of the potential jobs have worked out yet, so in a few hours I will be moving back to my parents' house...something I am not looking forward to. I know that this is just temporary, but it still isn't going to be easy. So please continue to keep me in your prayers that a job will come along soon!

In case anyone wants to update their address book, my 'new' address at my parents' house will be:
107 W. Bailey Springs Drive, Florence, AL 35634 (be sure to include the 'W', for west...there are 3 roads named Bailey Springs in the neighborhood!!!).

Graphics by JohnX

Myspace | Hallmark | Facebook
cherubin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Renea for your new address. I'll keep my fingers cross furthermore for a new job and I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Given't up, good luck. ~ hugs.

CÚcile

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So sorry for the jobs, Renea !
You are always in my heart and prayers.
Thanks for the address.
HUGS
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The DQ Times Forum Index -> Meet new Friends All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: