The DQ Times Forum Index

The DQ Times
We welcome new members however registration is by administrator only. To join please send an email to michaela1 at aol.com introducing yourself and explaining why you would like to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Friend of the heart in need
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HorseyJaneFan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Renea,

I'm sorry you have to back to your parent's house. I know that's not what you wanted. I'm sure it will only be temporary. As I commented before, you are a smart and nice person, with a lot to offer. Any company would be blessed to have you working for them. I pray that God will lead you to a new job soon.

You'll be in my prayers, and I'm here if you ever need someone to talk to.

Lots of Hugs & Love,
Joanna

Thanks for your address.

(made by Kaitlyn, a friend on a DWTS board)

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=371907511
Jane

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Renea,

I'm really sorry to hear you have to move back in with your parents temporarily.

Try, if you can, to see the blessing in all of this - thank goodness you have parents who will re-welcome you into their home with open arms, until you can be on your own again. And it won't be long- a door will open for you soon.

I was thinking - have you thought about teaching? Teachers are always needed regardless of economic times after all. I know it's not your field exactly but you being a science wiz may be able to find something in this field, at least until your "dream job" comes around. Just a thought.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, Renea, I understand how disappointing it may be to go back to your parents' house, but my sister underwent a similar experience. And after that she found the love of her life and got married and now she is living in Belgium. I'm sure this is just a break for the good thing that's coming next. Anyway, with your brains and your personality I am sure you are going to get a new and better job. In my case, changing jobs was always for good and I always thought it was for worse. Good luck.

Clickable banner
dqmwartist

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having a place to go with a roof over your head, even if it's home, is a blessing. You have in no way failed, but driven to achieve independence and kept it. Even being at home shouldn't take away that, in fact I know people in my family who have special needs and are very independent people. Times are hard right now for a lot of us and there is no reason to "beat yourself up" about it. Something much better is out there for you and when the time comes it will happen.

Hang in there. Smile
Elaine

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee, Renea, I'm really sorry about your job. You certainly aren't alone in that respect though. It's pretty rough everywhere right now. With your credentials, I'm sure you'll find something...when the time is right. And it's bound to be special!

As far as going home again.....we parents aren't really so bad! lol Believe it or not, when our kids go through trials, it hurts us just as much as it does you. We had our eldest daughter, her husband, one daughter, and another was born during their 8 months with us! It was hard in some ways, but it was also a wonderful bonding time for all of us. We all grew in many ways during that time.

Try to look for the positives, and make the best that you can of it. Keep the faith and look forward to what God has for you.
reneag78

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for your words of encouragement again.

I know I am truly blessed to have parents who've welcomed me back to their home - after all it could be much worse, having no where to go to, in fear of living on the street. I know they too are happy to have me, as are my grandparents who live 5 minutes away and with whom I am very close.

While I may not have wanted to move home for fear of losing my independence and privacy, the real root of my not wanting to move back goes much deeper. Without going into much detail here (this is a publicly-viewable forum after all), let's just say going back home brings me into the middle of some very unsettling circumstances, the very LAST THING I need at this time. Being here means major drama and not the pleasant kind. What I need now is a peaceful, nurturing environment and I doubt that is what I'll find, if the past is any indicator.

I don't mean to be so cryptic here - this is just a topic I'd rather not discuss publicly. I hope you all can understand, I mean no disrespect to anyone. The only reason I mention any of this at all is to clarify that I'm not entirely upset at being with my parents, as I know this time may bring blessings and opportunity - it's other related factors for the most part that make me so upset and reluctant to be here.

So, though you don't know the exact circumstances, please pray for me to A) have as 'uneventful' a stay as possible, and B) to find a way to move on soon. From the bottom of my heart I wish this.

Again, thank you all for being here for me when I need a listening ear, encouragement and words of wisdom, or even some moments of raucous laughter to lift my spirits. I marvel at how blessed I am to have you all supporting me, I can't imagine facing this without you. I only hope that, should the need arise, I can return this 'gift' with as much sincere compassion as you have shown me. I am humbled to know I have such wonderful friends - correction, my own ANGELS looking out for me, and in ways I could never dream.

I love you doesn't quite say enough...I would sing you a song if I could! But I trust your hearts to interpret what I'm saying, hearing what my words can't fully express Smile (...and now I'm starting to sound like a Hallmark card...yikes Embarassed)

Graphics by JohnX

Myspace | Hallmark | Facebook
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
HorseyJaneFan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Renea, I'm sorry moving back home brings back some unsettling factors. I pray this time will be much different and that it will be short. I believe that everything happens for a reason and God never gives us anything we can't handle (even though at the time it might not seem like that!), so this could be a blessing in disguise. As much as you didn't want to move home, I'm very grateful you have a place to go. When one of my good friends lost her job, she really was on her own. Her parents are no longer alive, and her sisters aren't at all supportive.

I will continue to keep you in my prayers. I/we are always here for you if you need someone to talk to.

Love & Hugs,
Joanna

(made by Kaitlyn, a friend on a DWTS board)

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=371907511
romy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry. You do not need to tell anybody here details. We do totally understand your reasons for not doing so even without knowing it all. Wink

Thanks for giving the update about your address. There's no question I'll go on including you in my prayers and thinking about you. Hugs!!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Renea, I'm your friend so just ONLY one thing is important: you need help, so I'm here for YOU and I don't need more explanations. It's here and now, not in the past.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Renea!

Sorry to hear you're going through such a hard time, loosing your job and moving back to your parents again, this economic crisis really can destroy lots of thing. I'll keep you in my thoughts and really hope that you're able to get a job soon. I'm sure everything will gett better soon.

I understand what you mean with that it's hard to move back to your parents. Privacy is important, if your mother is sick it must be even harder... Totally respect and understand that your not going into details!
But you should now that we're all here to listen if you need a listening ear!

Take care!
*big hug*
/ Anna-Lena
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The DQ Times Forum Index -> Meet new Friends All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: