The DQ Times Forum Index

The DQ Times
We welcome new members however registration is by administrator only. To join please send an email to michaela1 at aol.com introducing yourself and explaining why you would like to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Please pray for Renea's mom tonight
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mary Ann
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:40 pm    Post subject: Please pray for Renea's mom tonight Reply with quote

Hi everyone, I just got off the phone with Renea- actually I've not been much OFF the phone with her today. She gave me permission to share this with you- she said she could really use your prayers and she felt her 'friends' should know. Anyway, Renea's mom as most of you know, has MS. What she hasn't said much about is the terrible pain her mom is frequently in. Last night her mom got up in the middle of the night and accidently overdosed on pain / sleeping pills. The doctors said had they found her an hour later she probably wouldn't have made it. Luckily Renea and her dad were there and her brother and they rushed her to the er. At the moment she is in critical care unit (not quite as serious as ICU but still dangerous) Her blood pressure is dangerously high (stroke danger) and she is going through detox- much as Jake had to go through on DQ from alcohol except in her mom's case it's the pain meds. Renea and her dad will be staying at the hospital tonight and it's still iffy- they don't know what her mom will be like after all this and there is still the fear something could still go wrong. As you can imagine Renea is really scared and she really needs our prayers holding her and her family up tonight.

The irony is, Renea is scheduled to come to my house on Thursday- the plan is for her to try to find work here and stay with me for a while until she gets on her feet. Now that's up in the air although given what there is available to her in Alabama, she really has no choice. Her family is there and they still want her to come but of course she is really torn right now.

Anyway I felt you would want to know.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
hopious

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for letting us know, Mary Ann, I will definitely keep Renea's mom in my prayers as well as the entire family.

Signature set made by Anne
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Michaela&Sully

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww.. I remember her talking to me about that.. So sorry to hear hoping her mom will feel better soon. I am sure everthing will place itself it just takes time..

Please keep us posted XO

If Your Heart Is Open, Love Will Always Find Its Way In-Jane Seymour
Gemma

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I will be praying for her, it's a holiday tomorrow so I'm going to church tomorrow and Sunday and she will be on my prayers and in the perfect place.

About overdose, it's so dangerous. It happens to me sometimes that I don't remember if I've taken my pills for my eyesight, they are very hard, it's also used for heart attacks and more than once I've taken the double dose. Probably I should organise myself better.

Oh, great Renea is taking chances where you live, it's great to have somebody to rely on and to give you confidence when you are searching for a new job. And you sure will have a great time!

Clickable banner
juliefan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for sharing with us Mary Ann.

I hope Renea's mother will be feeling better really soon!!!!
I keep thinking about her! Wink

Please keep us posted Smile

We are there for you and we think about Renea!!![/u][/i][/b]
SKYPE NAME: janeseymourfan66
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cherubin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for letting us know, Mary Ann. Of course I'll keep Renea's mum and the whole family in my prayers an thoughts and I hope Renea's mom will be feeling better very very soon. I'm so sorry.

~ Hugs and Love

HorseyJaneFan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How scary. I can't even begin to imagine what Renea and her family are going thru. Renea, her mom, and her family will be in my prayers.

(made by Kaitlyn, a friend on a DWTS board)

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=371907511
Anne

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry!

Mary Ann, thank you so much for sharing Renea's info. I hope her mom feels better soon. I had no idea she suffers from MS, but I can imagine the pain she's going through and I'm terribly sorry for the accident. I hope she'll be home with her family soon.

Renea, hang in there. We all are thinking of you and your family.

((((Hugs))))

My YouTube | My Facebook
Mary Ann
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A brief update, Renea said her mom has passed her first 'milestone' she is now sleeping peacefully and her blood pressure has gone down dramatically from how high it was. If things continue to improve as they hope, she will be out of the woods soon. The next milestone will be what she will be like when she wakes up. Hopefully, she will not have suffered any permanent damage though she will likely have to go to a rehab for a while to recover from the shock to her system. As for Renea, she's finally gone home for a few hours to sleep and still hopes to come here next week if all goes well with her mom. She is very grateful for your prayers and support- she says just knowing you are out there thinking of her has helped tremendously.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Anne

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update, Mary Ann! It's a big relief to hear Renea's mom is doing better. I hope there's no (or not too much) major damage done to her when she wakes up.

I'll still keep Renea and her mom in my thoughts and hope for speedy recovery.

My YouTube | My Facebook
hopious

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for keeping us updated, I'm glad that she has passed the first milestone.

Signature set made by Anne
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cherubin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for the update, Mary Ann. I'm glad to hear Renea's mom is doing better and I hope she will getting a fast recovery after all. Hugs to Renea.

HorseyJaneFan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's wonderful news that her mom has passed her first milestone. I pray she will continue to make progress, and hasn't suffered any permanent damage. I'm glad Renea was able to go home to get some sleep.

Renea, her mom, and the rest of her family will continue to be in my prayers.

(made by Kaitlyn, a friend on a DWTS board)

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=371907511
CÚcile

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG, I just come in (I'm ill) and I read this so bad news.
What a dramatic accident.

Thanks Mary Ann to let us know and to post the update too.
All my prayers and thoughts are going to our dear Renea, her mom and family.
I hope the recovery will come soon and with no colateral damages on the MS.

Happy to read that Renea will come with you, Mary Ann. It's so helpful to be with a friend in bad times.

All my lv and hugs to Renea.

Please keep us posted.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, my. I'm so sorry to hear about Renea's mother. I've just now read this thread--my heart hasn't been here since we had to put our sweet little Freddie to sleep a couple of weeks ago. I will certainly be praying that her mom will recover soon, without any residual affects.

Could this be the reason that God had for Renea to be at home at this time? From personal experience, I know how difficult it is to be away from home when something like this happens. It's much more comforting to be right there, with loved ones, when unfortunate circumstances occur, than to be hundreds of miles away. Phone calls and emails are much less assuring than being there in person.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The DQ Times Forum Index -> Meet new Friends All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: