The DQ Times Forum Index

The DQ Times
We welcome new members however registration is by administrator only. To join please send an email to michaela1 at aol.com introducing yourself and explaining why you would like to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Please pray for Renea's mom tonight
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michaela&Sully

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update Mary Ann glad that Renea mom is doing much better keep us posted and tell Renea to continue to be strong for her mom and her family..

So sorry to hear that you had to put your animal down Elaine my prayers are with you trust me I know how you feel it's never easy going threw that...

If Your Heart Is Open, Love Will Always Find Its Way In-Jane Seymour
Mary Ann
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elaine, I"m so sorry about your dog- I never have had to go through that yet. My childhood dog was put to sleep while I was in the hospital - my family knew it was time and it was a blessing not having to be there- I was just in my teens. We had to give away our last cats when we moved into an apartment (luckily we were able to find a home that took both cats in even though they were 12 years old!) Miraculously the woman who took them had just lost two cats herself and loved Siamese. I know I will face it with Misty at some point as she is already 17- I am dreading it but the woman who takes care of her for me when I'm away has already promised to go with me when the time comes. She's done it many times with her own pets and knows how hard it is.

Will you get another dog eventually do you think ?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Elaine

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your thoughts, Sara and Mary Ann. I know that it's off-topic for this thread--and not nearly as important as Renea's mother, of course--and I don't usually share such personal information, but I wanted you all to know the reason I haven't been around here recently.

Freddie wasn't acting like himself, so we took him to the vet, who thought he might have hurt his back. When we went back a few days later, it didn't seem to be the case, so I left him overnight for them to run some tests, and hydrate him, but when the vet called, the news wasn't good. Our poor little guy had nearly complete kidney failure. It wasn't going to get better, and rather than watch him continue to go downhill, and suffer, we decided to have him euthanized. We didn't want him to be alone though, so we went to visit with him for a while before the vet came in to do it. It was quick and gentle, but it has been really hard for me to adjust to his absence around the house. (Roger cried that night too, but he goes to work each day, so it's not as hard for him.) He was always right by us, and I just miss looking down to see his sweet little face.

To answer your question, Mary Ann.....no, we don't plan to get another dog. We're both in our 60s, and since small dogs usually live for 15 or more years, another dog would likely outlive us (or we might not be able to care for it at some point). We just don't think that would be fair to any dog. We'll always be thankful for the 12˝ years of joy and laughter that Freddie brought to our family.
Michaela&Sully

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

awww.. freddie is so cute.. sorry again but he's at a better place xo

HorseyJaneFan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elaine, I nremember reading on facebook about how you had to put Freddie to sleep. *Hugs* It's such a heartbreaking decision to have to make. It's so hard to lose a pet. My prayers are with you and your family.

(made by Kaitlyn, a friend on a DWTS board)

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=371907511
Lynn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so sorry about Freddie. I do understnad
Anne

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elaine, I'm so sorry to read the sad news on Freddie. I can imagine how you and Roger must feel at the moment. He wasn't just a pet, he was part of your family for so many years and it always hurts when you lose a family member. At least he's in no pain anymore. I also understand that you don't want to get another dog anymore for the reasons you mentioned. He was such a cute little fellow and I'm sure he'll be missed deeply.

My YouTube | My Facebook
Elaine

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for your sweet comments. I really do appreciate it. And I believe you all can understand how we're feeling--most people do lose a pet at one time or another. The other dogs that I/we have had were never with us as long, and we never had to make such a decision. The others always were given away for one reason or another.

As long as I keep myself busy, I'm fine. And as they say....time heals all wounds.
Lynn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back on the origonal sad topic. How is her Mother doing?
Mary Ann
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Renea's mom is doing MUCH better, I"m happy to say. She is eating and talking and Renea sounded very relieved. The plan is still on for her to come here Thursday but I know she's feeling much better about it now. I"m sure as soon as she has time she will pop in and thank you all for your concern properly. She's pretty much been at the hospital full time without access to the internet.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Michaela&Sully

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is good to know:) thanks for the update Mary Ann:)

Cécile

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So happy to read to good update. Hugs to Renea and still praying. Hope you'll be together soon.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for the update, Mary Ann! Smile I'm very relieved to hear Renea's mom is improving so well. Very Happy

My YouTube | My Facebook
cherubin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad to hear Renea's mom is getting better. Thanks for the update, Mary Ann. Smile

HorseyJaneFan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful news! Praise God! I will continue to keep Renea's mom. Renea, and the rest of her family in my prayers.

(made by Kaitlyn, a friend on a DWTS board)

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=371907511
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The DQ Times Forum Index -> Meet new Friends All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: