The DQ Times Forum Index

The DQ Times
We welcome new members however registration is by administrator only. To join please send an email to michaela1 at aol.com introducing yourself and explaining why you would like to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Washington Affair
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elaine

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Irene! As soon as you get those DVDs, you let us know, okay? We'll have a real party with you, right here on the board! Laughing

~~E~~
Irene

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:04 pm    Post subject: hi Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing hihihi....Oh great Elaine...thanks...it'll be a really great thing to get them finaly...It seems to me that we have been waiting for ever Laughing

Oh and I love parties Laughing
Mary Ann
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Irene this reminds me of when I first joined the DQ list. I made friends with Joe's first webmaster Carol Moorhouse who kindly sent me copies of all the first season eps that I hadn't seen since the start of the series (it wasn't in rerun then) I was SOOO excited waiting for those little packages in the mail and because she lived in Canada it just seemed to take FOREVER. But believe me, the wait was worth it, as I fell in love with the show all over again. Sometimes when you wait a long time for something it is that much more special when you finally get it.

PS. I don't cook but I got lots of great chocolate for Christmas, I can bring that to the party!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
DQ4ME

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I want to come. I will be there with bells on!!! Irene we will have a great time when you get those DVD's Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Carol
Irene

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:36 pm    Post subject: hi Reply with quote

Yes Mary Ann I know what you mean...I had that feeling when I got the two first seasons....and when I saw the Return Engangment I was so mad with myself that I didn't order all the season together...well I couldn't afford them lol Laughing ....Oh I love chocolate...so please bring some Very Happy

Carol we're going to have a blast Very Happy

Everyone you are all invited Laughing
Gemma

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with what you said Mary Ann. Michaela was determined to die for Sully if necessary. I love A Washington Affair for this. And in fact she chose between being with the children or sacrificing her life for Sully. I wouldn't have said that.
kristin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow...I had always wondered what the note to Dorothy said as well, but didn't think to ask...I just figured it was something along the lines of..."if I don't come home, this is why...please take care of the children for me", etc.
HorseyJaneFan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kristin wrote:
Wow...I had always wondered what the note to Dorothy said as well, but didn't think to ask...I just figured it was something along the lines of..."if I don't come home, this is why...please take care of the children for me", etc.

That's what I fugured it said, too. Smile

(made by Kaitlyn, a friend on a DWTS board)

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=371907511
Gemma

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed the children had a tendency to read Michaela's private letters. They did the same in Happy Birthday and they found out about her birthday and they were doing the same in A Washington Affair and that way they got some precious information too.

Clickable banner
kristin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they were very different circumstances though...in the birthday one, they were young and snoopy, and I'm sure a little concerned about her reaction to the letter. In this case, I think Matthew was old enough to realize the gravity of the situation, and to recognize the danger she might be in...and opening the letter just confirmed his suspicions, though he was still shocked at the obvious "direct hit" the letter delivered.
Mary Ann
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, Matthew realized if she was sending them home with a letter there must be something significant in the letter. That wasn't curiosity, it was concern.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
HorseyJaneFan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

michaela1 wrote:
I agree, Matthew realized if she was sending them home with a letter there must be something significant in the letter. That wasn't curiosity, it was concern.

I agree.

(made by Kaitlyn, a friend on a DWTS board)

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=371907511
Elaine

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They really seemed to mature a lot between "Happy Birthday" and "A Washington Affair," IMO.
Jane

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it was an interesting observation about the letters, Gemma. : )
They also liked to intercept the receipt of messages as well - like when Matthew got Scarlett Fever from the Army blankets... Colleen and Brian cut the telegraph office wire to prevent the Army from being brought to CS.

I think the maturity of the "children" was also a good point - it's one thing to read the letter for the sake of knowing what's going on... But they did it ready and willing to return to Washington DC, risking everything to be there with Mike and Sully. After losing a ma and a pa, that took great courage on everyone's part as it would've been so tragic for them to lose another set of parents.
kristin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In "The Offering" when they cut the telegraph wire, they do make a reference to Dr. Mike...that's what she would have done, they said. Sully told them they were right...isn't it amazing what kind of impact adults have on children without knowing it sometimes?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The DQ Times Forum Index -> Rewrite Please! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: