The DQ Times Forum Index

The DQ Times
We welcome new members however registration is by administrator only. To join please send an email to michaela1 at aol.com introducing yourself and explaining why you would like to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

The Abduction
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elaine

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 12:41 am    Post subject: The Abduction Reply with quote

I dearly love this episode, and I've read lots of nitpiks for it, but the biggest problem I have is at the very end.....when Sully and Michaela ride up, "just in the nick of time," to save CD and his people from hanging. After telling CD about his son, etc. why in the world didn't Sully pick up Michaela and carry her? He knew her feet were sore and bleeding after he rescued her, then she had had to walk and climb more while they fled from the indians again. They surely hadn't had time to heal during their ride home. She had to be exhasted besides. It would have been a loving gesture to sweep her off her feet and carry her....if not home, at least to the clinic!

~~E~~
Anne

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right, Elaine, I've been wondering about this too.

My YouTube | My Facebook
Mary Ann
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elaine I totally agree and here is the other thing I totally didn't like about that scene- why on earth didn't ANYONE come to welcome her back? Were they all so embarrassed about what might have happened to her? Here they think she's been murdered by the dogsoldiers, Sully brings her back, she's clearly been through a lot and they all just walk away after the execution is stopped. Where was the welcome they recieved after Bad Water? Nothing nada! And also why oh why couldn't this have been a 2 parter. Had I been writing this, it would have had a second part and instead of the first part ending with Brian's birthday and Mike's all is well smile, we would have seen the effects of the trauma on Mike and perhaps even on her relationships with Sully and CD. Maybe Mike would be a bit uncomfortable for a bit around CD? Men in general? Surely there would be some after effects to an experience like that?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ronja

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

michaela1 wrote:
Surely there would be some after effects to an experience like that?

Sure there will.

And I think that this is a part that really was missing. In the sixth season she had a big trauma about being shot and she also suffered from the miscarriage. But in that epsiode..nothing.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do agree with all of you. This is one of my favorite shows, but the ending really stunk. And if it had been a two parter, it could have really went deeper into the tramaic side of it. And then show the healing side of Dr Mike, not just physical healing but emotional healing also. I would have wrote it different also.

Carol
Lynn

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have always found it very odd that they seemed to forget about her feet at the end. Grace and Dorothy should have come over to her when she got back to town. I figured they had been given the week off, but they could have filmed one scene there!
Irene

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 5:32 pm    Post subject: hi Reply with quote

I'll agree to that too....I'm mean sometimes it seems that they forgot the situation Mike had been through...like they wanted to end the episode before it's time Confused
Anja

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, somtimes there's a very abrupt end. Confused So much stuff for new episodes was wasting.
Irene

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:05 pm    Post subject: hi Reply with quote

Exactly.... Very Happy They've done this with lots of episodes....In this episode,I'd love to see Mike and Sully talking about Mike's feelings,as they obviously were together again after that incident...I mean they just brought as to Brian's birthday after the Another Woman episode Confused
DQ4ME

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea maybe if Beth would of had more time, she could have done a lot more with the Abduction eps. But like someone said it needed to be a two parter. Really I thought it was a two parter. Did it last two hours instead of one? Or was it just a specially long one? Maybe it was only one hour. I can't remember.

Carol
Elaine

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carol~~

The Abduction was a 2-hour episode. When Hallmark played it, they split it up to run for two days, but it was originally 2 hours long.

~~E~~
DQ4ME

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was two hours, at least it seemed like it was. But I wanted to make sure, that is why I asked. I don't have it here at work with me. That is one of my favorite shows, after Washita. That is my favorite show beside the one of Sully and Michaela getting married. Really I love them all and could sit here and name off a bunch of my favorite shows. Laughing

Carol
Irene

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 3:25 pm    Post subject: hi Reply with quote

I'll agree to that Carol...and I haven't even seen all the episodes yet Laughing
DQ4ME

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be sooooooooooooooooooooooo glad when you can see them all!! I finally sent off for Season 5. And should get it after the new year. Maybe sooner but I doubt it. Now I have them all. It took me a little while to collect all of them.

Carol
Irene

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:43 am    Post subject: hi Reply with quote

Hey congrats Carol...that sounds great...I hope you'll get it soon Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The DQ Times Forum Index -> Rewrite Please! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: