The DQ Times Forum Index

The DQ Times
We welcome new members however registration is by administrator only. To join please send an email to michaela1 at aol.com introducing yourself and explaining why you would like to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

When a child is born
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ronja

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 5:33 am    Post subject: When a child is born Reply with quote

wrong topic......sorry....can please somebody delete?

Last edited by Ronja on Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:16 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Anja

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:04 am    Post subject: Re: When a child is born Reply with quote

Ronja wrote:

Arrow Normally contractions don't start that sudden and painfull. It would be great to see Mike feeling uneasy or feeling some strange things. (You know what I mean?)

That's not correct, it can be very different. At the birth of my 2. child, the amniotic sac has burst and I haven't any contractions. We drove to the clinic and the midwife says, that it would be take hours, till the baby comes. But then a few minutes later I got very strong contractions and after a half hour my daugther was born. It's called precipitate labor.
Ronja

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I know about that kind of labour thing. Hm...I don't know...only doesn't seem real to me.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michi, you may change your mind once you get pregnant yourself, LOL. All this smart talk from women who don't even have a baby yet is just too funny sometimes. Wink

My YouTube | My Facebook
Ronja

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anne wrote:
Michi, you may change your mind once you get pregnant yourself, LOL. All this smart talk from women who don't even have a baby yet is just too funny sometimes. Wink

sorry....maybe I should just shut up. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I know is that every woman is different. I was only in labor for three hours and some women are in labor for 44 hours. I thought the show was very real. All I know is that the screaming may not do a thing but it sure makes you feel some better!! Every woman will experience it different. And that is the beauty of it.

Carol
Paige

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree Carol, every woman is different. I was in labor for 12 hours and I did scream a lot! The contractions were as painful at 6am as they were at 6:35 pm when I finally gave birth. The show was very real and true to me as well.
Lynn

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michaela did not have the lamaze training we get today that helps with the pain. I know Jane had her twins cissarian because inducing didn't work fast enough, but she has her other two children more normally, but had to induce. Inducing makes the labor more difficult so she certainly had something to draw upon in those scenes under the tree
Irene

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 5:51 pm    Post subject: hi Reply with quote

I haven't seen the whole episode yet,but I've seen from some extras the labour scene and I thought it was very real...Jane gave her all Wink
Elaine

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every woman is different--and every labor is differnet too! I had four babies, and each of my labors was different. Rolling Eyes

1--12 hours, didn't have any idea what it would be like, so when I heard other laboring women screaming and praying, I kept quiet, thinking it would get much worse, but I delivered before any of them. Shocked

2--light labor, went grocery shopping to get things moving, water broke at doctor's office, went to hospital, delivered in 20 minutes. Laughing

3--3 hours, 1 hour hard pushing to get a 10 pound, 2 ounce baby out! Surprised

4--induced 10 days early due to problems, 2 hours start to finish, not nearly as hard as #3!

Every pregnancy, labor and delivery is an adventure! Very Happy

~~E~~
Irene

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:54 pm    Post subject: hi Reply with quote

Oh Elaine,thank you for sharing these presious moment with us Very Happy
DQ4ME

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes thanks Elaine for sharing your labors with us. How interesting. Your right all are different. My first and only child only 3 hours. I mean how blessed can you get? Everyone and their horror stories had me scared to death, long labor with your first child. I proved them all wrong Laughing Now I tell my daughter in law, don't believe what you hear. Every experience is different.

Carol
Mushcs

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I can say is it looks painful...... Embarassed
Anne

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Jane played it very realistic. LOL, poor Joe, I bet he got a few bruises from Jane squeezing his cheeks so hard ... at least it looked so real as if she really squeezed him this hard as it looks in the show. Wink Laughing

My YouTube | My Facebook
Irene

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:58 am    Post subject: hi Reply with quote

Anne that's exaclty what I was thinking about...I mean it seems like she's really squeezing them...lol....maybe she did Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The DQ Times Forum Index -> Rewrite Please! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: