The DQ Times Forum Index

The DQ Times
We welcome new members however registration is by administrator only. To join please send an email to michaela1 at aol.com introducing yourself and explaining why you would like to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

When a child is born
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DQ4ME

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hee Hee that is one of my favorite parts in the show when she is caressing Joe's face and then a pain hits, and she squeezes his face. I love the look on his face. I laugh everytime. It is just so funny to me.

Carol
Mushcs

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is one of the priceless moment. Both were really fantastic
JulieR

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just love the squeeze moment:)) The labor itself looked PAINFUL!! Wink
DQ4ME

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The squeeze was my favorite moment. That was awesome acting on Jane and Joe's part. They were great and I love when Katie was born.
Elaine

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That face-squeeze was one of the funniest moments, but my favorite is the look of awe on Sully's face when the baby is actually born. Just beautiful!
hopious

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Elaine, he was like wait, I helped with this.

Signature set made by Anne
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Elaine

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it was "Sully holding God's miracle in his hands." Joe just did it so perfectly.
DQ4ME

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea that too was an awesome part in the show, first of all the gift of life and then to know that you helped created that life, Joe sure did a great job in part, and Jane had the greatest look of love on her face you would have thought that was her first child. She did such a fabalous acting job.
hopious

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Carol, but that what makes Jane and Joe such good actors.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DQ4ME

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Hope that is so true. You can't beat their acting. That is why I just don't understand why they don't get a lot of scripts and good movies and tv shows. Some of these movies I see are downright stupid and all these so called actresses and actors I see in magazines and read about on the net don't look like they could act their way out of a paper bag!!
hopious

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is so funny..."They can't act there way out of a paper bad" most actors can't, they just have connections, so they get the better roles.

Mary Ann
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha Carol, Jane loved that part too, she mentioned that as one of her favorite scenes from Quinn when I asked her in the interview. She said she enjoyed it but Joe didn't!!

I also loved the look on Joe's face in the birth scene- it was so real, a look of total awe and adoration. The look of a new father.

Sigh, wish they had let us see that one more time for their newborn SON
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
hopious

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it would have been nice to see a SON, but oh well...

chica

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also thought the acting in the birth scene was superbly done. I thought Joe especially did an amazing job and the "Don't touch me" and cheek squeezing were so cute. I read somewhere that Jane injured her vocal cords doing that scene. Does anyone know exactly what happened? That must have been hard for her to do all that screaming.

As for my labor experience, I was induced 2 and 1/2 weeks early. My labor was 36 hours from the first cramping to the end. Early on, my voice was hoarse from exhaustion so I couldn't scream but I did cry alot quietly. The other ladies screaming and swearing in the other rooms made me nervous, so I breathed deeply and tried to remain calm. I think it helped me alot. Although I wish I would have had more children, I glad I only had to go through that once.

I read somewhere that some Native American women were expected to be quiet during labor. I also can't imagine being a pioneer or native woman who often had no doctor for the many births she endured and having nothing for the pain. Like in Abagail's case, if you needed a C section, you unfortunately died. Many pioneer men had to help deliver their own babies when they were isolated in the frontier. How scary it must have felt being pregnant back then!

Like you Mary Ann, I always dreamed of Sully and Michaela having a boy. In my imagination, I see the baby conceived during "To Have and to Hold "(Early Spring 1873-Season 6) and being delivered by Sully in a snow storm at Xmas. His name ...Joseph Byron Sully, after her father and Sully. Just my imagination.....
Elaine

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chica wrote:
......The other ladies screaming and swearing in the other rooms made me nervous, so I breathed deeply and tried to remain calm. I think it helped me alot. Although I wish I would have had more children, I glad I only had to go through that once.

Debi, that's similar to my experience. When my first child was born, my husband was overseas (in the navy), so I was alone in the labor room, with no idea what was going to happen. There were only curtains between the laboring mothers, so I could hear the crying/screaming/praying, and it made me think, "It must get really awful!" so I didn't make a sound. But of all of them, I went to delivery first! Then I went on to have 3 more babies within the next 4 years. LOL!

chica wrote:
Like you Mary Ann, I always dreamed of Sully and Michaela having a boy. In my imagination, I see the baby conceived during "To Have and to Hold "(Early Spring 1873-Season 6) and being delivered by Sully in a snow storm at Xmas. His name ...Joseph Byron Sully, after her father and Sully. Just my imagination.....

I've had that same "dream." That would have been an ideal conclusion for the series, IMO.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The DQ Times Forum Index -> Rewrite Please! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: