The DQ Times Forum Index

The DQ Times
We welcome new members however registration is by administrator only. To join please send an email to michaela1 at aol.com introducing yourself and explaining why you would like to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Wedding Crashers
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Madeleine

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:20 pm    Post subject: Wedding Crashers Reply with quote

Hi everyone!
Many of you could think I'm totally crazy, but I took my one and only homework free weekend and flew to US only to see Jane's movie Wedding Crashers and I love it! I guess I'd love anything Jane did but I truly like it. Jane looks gorgeous, and the movie is very funny. I'm thinking I would like to see George Clooney play Jane's husband.
Madeleine.[img][/img]
Code:
Mary Ann
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now you are a TRUE fan! LOL. Although I do know someone who once drove from Ottawa to NY just to get the TV guide wedding issue! And someone else who shall remain nameless who actually drove to another state to watch the wedding ep because she didn't want to wait until someone sent her the tape!

George Clooney would look great with Jane!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Elaine

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Now that's dedication! Madeleine, I admire your spontaneity. And Mary ann, I think your "friends" (lol) are either "totally committed," or are "nuts"...LOL! (I'd do that sort of thing myself, but I'm thinking my husband wouldn't be too supportive. Rolling Eyes )

~~E~~
AshleySully

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe...Yes..Wedding Crashers is worth seeing, and it certainly was to you since you flew to the US! Shocked I love the movie, and I'd like to go see it a third time before it leaves theaters, but I fear that I won't have much time anymore with classes back in session!

Ash
Mushcs

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wedding Crashers is definitely worth seeing. I got friends who thought that it was a "chick" movie but when they actually watch it... they all loved it.
Madeleine

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:00 pm    Post subject: Wedding Crashers Reply with quote

I actually had a great time. I was on my plane seat thinking "Well, now I can say I crossed Mexico (where I live now) to my dear US and Jane is the only reason", I sat tall, felt proud and said to myself "I feel like a real fan, I'll do this again!"
Madeleine. Very Happy

Last edited by Madeleine on Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mushcs

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is the important thing - having a great time. Glad that you really enjoy the show although you have to fly to see it.
Anne

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the movie never made it to my town. Can you tell how mad I still am at those jerks? Rolling Eyes

However, I was finally able to see it! My son and a couple of his friends decided to go to Leipzig last Saturday where a huge international games convention was held (he just LOVES video and computer games, LOL). And since hubby was too sick to drive us all there, we went by train.

I let the boys go to their amusement while I decided to look for a cinema that had the movie still on their schedule.

Hahahahaha, that was so funny!! Of course Jane was the best of all, although her part was way too small. But -except for two scenes that bothered me a little- I enjoyed the whole movie immensely.

Boy, what did Jane do? Did she wear a wonder bra with XXL gelpads or what? She certainly looked "really big" in the dancing scene, hehehehe! Poor Owen looked quite scared when she shoved herself into him.

Man, can't they just make a Kitty Kat movie? Wink

"You should play in your underwear", that scene still gets me, hahahahahaha!!

Gosh, I MUST HAVE the DVD when it comes out. LaughingLaughing

My YouTube | My Facebook
Mushcs

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woo Hoo Anne. Glad that you finally saw the movie on the big screen..
Mary Ann
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anne the only scene that I really hated was the bondage scene in Vince's character's bed. What about you? I hate to admit it but I found the scene at the dinner table hilarous just because of how Vince reacted during the entire time.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Anne

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Mary Ann I loved Vince's reaction to it, but the other part... well.... didn't disturb me, but I could have done without it, LOL.

What can I say: I just LOVE Kitty Kat and I screamed when she said "Pervert." Ahahahahahaha!! LaughingLaughing

My YouTube | My Facebook
AshleySully

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually think Vince's bedroom scene was funny, but mostly because of how he played it and how Christopher Walken reacted to the painting. LOL!!!!

Kitty Kat was awesome. My new favorite line is.."You should have played in your underwear." I think I'll freak some people out with that one! Wink
Mary Ann
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think what bothered me about that scene Anne was the homosexual stereotype. I felt offended for friends of mine.
AshleySully

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mary Ann, try watching it with your gay father and his partner! Shocked They got a laugh out of it though, so I really didn't worry too much. Wink
Mushcs

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess it all depends on each person.. Some might find it offensive but some might see it as another funny part of the movie. Personally, I found it was ok.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The DQ Times Forum Index -> Favorite movies All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: