The DQ Times Forum Index

The DQ Times
We welcome new members however registration is by administrator only. To join please send an email to michaela1 at aol.com introducing yourself and explaining why you would like to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

leaving on a jet plane
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mary Ann
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:48 am    Post subject: leaving on a jet plane Reply with quote

Hi everyone, first of all thank you for the prayers and kind thoughts for my dad. He had his test last week and the results were NO CANCER! YOu can imagine how relieved we are!

So I am able to leave for California in a few hours (leaving for the airport at 3:30) without worrying about him! I will be checking in here and facebook still though probably not as often. Off to visit Pam first for a few days and then meet up with the rest in Carmel- from there its go go go- Yosemite, Napa, Malibu- we will keep you all updated and let you know how Johnny Keach does at the concert as well Smile Think good thoughts for me around 6:30 AM I will be flying US Air out of Boston.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
genevieve

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My dear Mary Ann, as I already told you, I wish you a safe and sweet fly, a wonderful time with all our friends ( and Jane, and all...)
and happiness every day!!!
Love, dear.
Geneviève

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a safe trip, Mary Ann, and a wonderful time and give all our fellow Jane friends a hug. Very Happy

I wish I could come with you, but I'll be there in spirit. Smile

My YouTube | My Facebook
romy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yayyy...good results!!! I am relieved as well that your father is good!!! Very Happy

I wish you guys a wonderful time. In my thoughts I'm with you...you all know how much I wuld have loved to join you. I guess we'll have to wait for your reports then! Give them all a big hug from me please!!! Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good results, I am relieved as well that your father is good

I wish you guys a wonderful time

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WONDERFUL news about your dad! I'm so happy for both of you.

Hope you have a great time in CA.

(made by Kaitlyn, a friend on a DWTS board)

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=371907511
Mary Ann
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fighting a cold already- must be the flight. Spent about $20 on vitamin C echinesia etc- Hope I can fight it off. Other than that, beautiful weather here, nice and relaxed.

Jane is going to be on Good Morning America Tuesday for those who get the program. Not sure where we'll be, unfortunately I won't be able to tape it but it may well be on their site.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
HorseyJaneFan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope you feel better soon!

(made by Kaitlyn, a friend on a DWTS board)

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=371907511
Mary Ann
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems it never rains in southern California
Seems I've often heard that kind of talk before
It never rains in California
But girl don't they warn ya
It pours, man it pours

Need I say more? We went to Yosemite- it poured! We went to Hearst Castle - it poured! Luckily, once we got to malibu it cleared up and the last days of our trip were beautiful weather but I really don't EVER want to hear that song again Smile

As luck would have it I managed to get a sinus infection the minute I got off the plane in CA. Bless Pam's parents for putting up with me for a few days- her mom waited on me while I rested on the porch and unfortunately I think I helped her dad to get his annual bronchitis a bit early- Not a promising start though Pam and her parents couldn't have been nicer.

It was so good to meet up with everyone though! Marga, Julie, Cecile, Canice, Michelle and her mom Pam and of course the other Pam- they are the best! True sisters of the heart and I love each one of them. Even fighting with GPS systems that insist you take a LEFT into the Pacific ocean is fun when you are with good friends! Our house was in Pacific Palisades and lovely. It was owned by an artist who does mystical paintings so it was quite unique as she had even done painting above the doors and in the kitchen. There was plenty of room though thank goodness and the only thing I think we regretted is that it wasn't on the water. You could see the water and Santa Monica and Malibu from the veranda but there is something about being directly on the water in malibu that really sends my spirit soaring. Perhaps next time, we will have to try for that.

Our group didn't actually connect completely until Malibu. Canice, Marga, Julie and Cecile toured San Francisco for a few days first and we were supposed to join them in Carmel but I wasn't feeling well enough for the trip so we spent some time when we first met touring Pam's area in Paso Robles- a really lovely quiet place that everyone enjoyed. We visited a winery one day run by the actor who used to star in Land of the Giants, toured Hearst Castle (in the rain) and Yosemite- also in the rain but always in good spirits.

In Malibu, Michelle and her mom joined us and our group was complete. Malibu was great, sunny and just the way I remembered it. For the Europeans with us it was their first look at the Pacific Ocean. Unfortunately we never actually made it to the beach- wells Julie and Canice and I did sort of one day at Santa Monica pier but the water was too cold anyway.

We also attended the HOllywood show- the same one Joe and William were at a few months ago, though sadly they were MIIA at this one. Still it was interesting though with no places to sit or even get a cup of coffee, the novelty wore off after an hour or so. Barbara Eden was there and was pretty much the main draw I'd say along with Ryan O Neil and Ali Mc Graw. I'll be kind and just say that one of these people has had far too much surgery (think cat) and another well time has not been too kind. The actors were all there signing photos (for a price) and it was a bit like a trade show. I think the part I most enjoyed was the guy who had designed the I dream of Jeannie replica bottles who entertained us while some of our group waited for their photo with Barbara. They really did look like the real thing and would have been a neat souvenir but out of my price range at $100 and up.

One of our days we stopped by Jane's gallery at Susan's invitation and were treated to a lovely set up with refreshments and a display of some of Jane's books etc. Susan as always made it very special and we were really touched.
Most of us were going to meet that night at the Boys Don't Cry concert - Susan included to see Jane's son Johnny's band PT5 play. Jane was cohosting so she talked a bit at first about what the concert was for- autistic kids- and then introduced PT5 with great pride in her voice- PT5 was really good and we were so impressed though the accoustics in the hall itself could have been better. Johnny's group was so professional and Johnny is a doll, so sweet and a bit shy. We met up later with James Keach whom I almost didn't recognize with his new beard and congratulated the band and took some photos. The rest of the concert was a bit too loud for our taste after Johnny's band finished, the only performer any of us even recognized was Berlin at the end. Her " Take my Breath Away" brought the audience to tears.At one point Jane found us and came over to say hi and sat in the row in front of us for a bit to enjoy the show herself but the music was so loud we couldn't really talk to her. She had to leave for home in the middle of the concert since as James said, she had to get up early the next morning. We didn't realize though that she was doing a speech not that far away in Bakersfield. I assume he meant she was returning to Virginia. That assumption proved to be "interesting" later on Smile

The last night, we had invited Susan to dinner as our guest at an Italien restaurant in Malibu. Susan had suggested the place and it was wonderful. We ate on the patio and it was like being in Italy. The only problem was the lighting was almost non existent which presented a rather unique problem trying to read the menu! We were all a bit worried what we would end up ordering LOL and finally resorted to using our cell phones just for light! The food was fantastic though when it arrived. Then as Susan mentioned on facebook we were joined by a few unexpected but very welcome guests!

James had appeared out of nowhere when we had first had arrived saying something about wanting to join us for drinks later with the boys. I somehow managed to MISS his inclusion of Jane (probably because as I said I thought she had gone back to Virginia that morning)

James sent a bottle of wine to our table early on and we were all just having a wonderful time chatting when suddenly I looked up and Jane was standing there! She looked as amazing as always and had just come from doing her speech in Bakersfield which we didn't know about. She and James and the boys were having dinner in the same restaurant- suspecting this wasn't a coincidence- and while the boys hung out at the playground outside on the patio Jane and James joined us for the rest of our dinner.

Jane was in the best mood as was James. Jane talked about what a wonderful experience she is having doing her current film, how the people have just opened their hearts to her and the crew and how much she loves the script. She also said she had a ball on Dear Prudence. We talked about the Angel book, PT5, our trip and then James regaled us with a hilarious story about filming in Italy. They both seemed incredibly happy and at peace despite Jane's hectic schedule. This was her one night with her family before returning to filming for the rest of the month and she and James chose to share some of that evening with us. The boys also came over later and said hi and we were able to congratulate Johnny once more on his band's performance and Kris on his own amazing ability in sports.

What a lovely gesture that was on the part of all three- Susan, Jane and James and a very special chance to see a different side of Jane. Susan couldn't have been more gracious both there and at the gallery the day before- between the three of them they made our last night in CA extra special-
Deb

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW sounds like a great trip. Well minus the rain and sickness. Glad everyone had a good time!! Very Happy
Anne

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Mary Ann, thank you SO much for your report. Gosh, can it get any better? I doubt it. And I'm happy this experience happened to a bunch of people who *really* deserve it, not to some snobby peeps who walk around bragging. Laughing

What? James with a beard? LOL, why's that? LaughingLaughing

It's really a shame I was unable to join you all, but this is life. So I have to rely on everyone's reports and (hopefully) photos. Smile

My YouTube | My Facebook
Mary Ann
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anne we didn't take photos at dinner, it was just a dinner of friends that night, not a fan event and we didn't want it to feel that way. Sorry about that but it wouldn't have been appropriate. I should have taken one of James with his beard but Jane offered to let me share a special pic with you which hopefully I will receive soon.
Anne

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh no, I didn't refer to the dinner when I asked about pics, Mary Ann. I know this wouldn't be appropriate. I thought maybe at the concert ... or in general. Smile

My YouTube | My Facebook
Mary Ann
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

None of the Keaches I'm afraid, just us. A photo was taken of all of us with James and the boys at the concert but not sure if it will surface (not sure given the way I look in photos I want it to!) Susan posted a pic of all of us at the gallery which I'm sure you've already seen. Any photos I got at the concert were too bright to even make Johnny out I'm afraid as it was so dark in there.
romy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow you lucky girls. Thanks for that great report of your trip. I enjoyed reading it!!! I wish I could have been there too. Seems like you had a wonderful time in CA and especially on that last evening. I'd still like to see the pics of you all!!! Very Happy I have to admit I was already a little envious seeing the pics of the house where you stayed....I just love the ocean. Well maybe next time. We'll see... Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The DQ Times Forum Index -> Meet new Friends All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: