The DQ Times Forum Index

The DQ Times
We welcome new members however registration is by administrator only. To join please send an email to michaela1 at aol.com introducing yourself and explaining why you would like to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

How to pick a favorite?!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The DQ Times Forum Index -> Dr. Quinn Characters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tchrof6th

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:05 pm    Post subject: How to pick a favorite?! Reply with quote

I would have to say that my favorite is of course Michaela but if you want my second favorite it would have to be Sully.

Now, after I have gone to third I would have to say Brian. He's so cute and innocent. He sees things others don't and imparts a simple wisdom that can only come from a child's eyes. Smile

Byron Sully
Mary Ann
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite character is definitely Michaela, she had so many facets to her and I could relate to her so well in many ways. What I loved about the characters on Dr. Quinn though was watching them grow and change and reveal vulnerable parts of themselves. One of my favorite scenes is in Cattle Drive when Loren shows Brian how much he means to him. So many wonderful relationships on Dr. Quinn on so many different levels. I think each character had something special about them- well maybe except for Preston - and even he had a vulnerable side ocassionally like when he fell for Isabel. He pretended not to care but it was clear he did. Likewise, it was clear how much he craved his father's love and respect. I really did feel bad for him in the Tempest when he is so proudly showing the Chateau to his father and all he gets back is 'nice start, I'm sure you plan to of course add on more stories!" It's hard when nothing you do seems to please the one you want to please the most. I really wish they had explored this similarity between Preston wanting to please his dad and Mike always wanting to please her mother. I think it might have added some depth to Preston if he had been able to share this bond with Mike. Made him more human and less of a cartoon character as he was all too often.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
JenLouise

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Other than Michaela and Sully, of course, I would say Loren Bray and Brian. The relationship between the two is really something. So many things happened between the two of them without a word being said. I love how Brian looks to him as a grandfather, and Loren tried to hold it in, but throughout the show we learn how much they truely needed each other. I enjoyed watching the two of them grow on screen.
tchrof6th

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's why I picked Brian as my third favorite because he does so much changing and growing as a character. Even when he was in that one show where he asserted his disobedience with Anthony, it was clear the Brian we knew was growing and changing and learning to take on more facets of his life and personality. Hat's off the Shawn Toovey!

I alslo agree with Mary Ann, the whole town had so many levels and I guess that's why it was such a great show. A show that many will be watching and celebrating for years to come! Smile

Byron Sully
Irene

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:41 am    Post subject: My favorites Reply with quote

Well of course my favorite caracter is Michaela,and then Sully...but I also likes Colin cause of the relationship she has with Micaela and the bond wtih her brothers....as she grows she becomes more like Michaela and that's a beautiful thing to see....also I like Brian very much....I didn't believe that I could find so much wisdom in a little child...his a brillian actor
Anne

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Irene, I think you mean Colleen. Wink Colin is a male name. Laughing

My favorite is Michaela, she's been it from the start and always will be. But Sully comes right after her. Michaela isn't complete without her mountain man and vice versa. Smile

I also like the Cooper Children a lot (well, Erika's Colleen), especially Matthew and Brian.

Also, Robert E. and Grace. I think Grace is a much better friend to Michaela than Dorothy could ever be.

My YouTube | My Facebook
Kati

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course my all-time favorite is Michaela! Wink But after her comes Sully!

I don't like so much Matthew (I don't know why), but I like Erika's Colleen and the little Brian! He is so cute! Oh and I like very much the sweet Katie! Wink
And another favorite character for me is Dorothy! Don't ask why, but I always like Barbara Babcock!
Oh and Hank is also one of my favorites! Smile

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well beside the top two ie Michaela and Sully, the other character that I like are Brian. He is just so cute and we really see him grow up onscreen as well as off.
Irene

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:26 am    Post subject: yes Reply with quote

Yes Anne Colleen Wink thank you...I tald ya my English are not very good Sad ...Well you might be right about Grace...I think she's a closer heart-friend with Michaela,though Dorothy and Michaela shared a lot of secrets...I don't know....I have to see more episodes and get back on you Wink ...I can't wait the dvd's I've ordered to come Very Happy
julesgriffith

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. I'm going to be the ODDBALL here. My favorite character is DAVID. Yes, DAVID.

I think he is positively tragic, and for those of you who hate him, shame on you! Can you imagine what it would be like to go off to war, fight for your country, get blown to bits, lose your ability to speak and walk, lose your ability to be a man, but then one day, you finally get your senses back, and then you go back to get the girl, but she is in love with someone else? Man. I think it is absolutely heartbreaking.

If I had written the show, I would have made an actual storyline out of it and really fleshed the character out. I would have hired someone like Chris Reeves to play the part. I would have kept him around in the 3rd season. It would have been interesting, to say the least. Smile

jules
Mary Ann
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Jules, you weren't the only one who thought of Chris for the part. I was told he WAS going to play the part before his accident! I never hated David, I felt he really did love Michaela and he was going to leave until Sully convinced him to stay. I didn't really buy that Mike wouldn't somehow recognize him (although there are lots of hints she knows something about him touches her) I think he truly did what he did out of love for Mike. He didn't want her to spend the rest of her life tied to him out of obligation. Maybe he was wrong not to trust her love for him but he didn't do it out of selfishness. He was more from her world and I can see why he had to at least try to get her back once his identity was revealed. I think Sully even came to respect him after a while. I thought the imagery of the older and younger 'bulls' was well done! But then again I also liked William. Neither man should be blamed for loving Michaela.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad Don't tell me that, Mary Ann! Oh, that would have been FABULOUS if Chris had been David. I mean, the audience would have gone NUTS, especially the long time Somewhere in Time fans. Oh well. Tis past!

jules
Anne

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would have been too good to be true. Wink
I mean, I became a SIT fan at about the time Return Engagement aired in Germany, and seeing Chris plaaying David would have been the icing on the cake. But maybe I'd been heartbroken for David then. More than I was with Maxwell's David (which really wasn't the case, LOL). Wink

My YouTube | My Facebook
Irene

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:36 am    Post subject: well Reply with quote

I Really liked William...he was a very atractive man..and Michaela liked him too...at least for a while...lol...they maybe would have been a nice couple...I felt truly sorry for him...though I would have hate him if Michaela choosed him at the and...I like Sully more.... Wink Embarassed
Mary Ann
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jules that's the problem, we might have been too torn then if it had been Chris!

This will surprise you too- Guess who was supposed to originally play PRESTON who actually had been planned to be an old boyfriend of Mike's from Boston before Jane got pregnant and plans changed!

Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The DQ Times Forum Index -> Dr. Quinn Characters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: