The DQ Times Forum Index

The DQ Times
We welcome new members however registration is by administrator only. To join please send an email to michaela1 at aol.com introducing yourself and explaining why you would like to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Would you like to help us honor Jane on her special birthday
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mary Ann
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:27 pm    Post subject: Would you like to help us honor Jane on her special birthday Reply with quote

As most of you know, Jane has a very special birthday coming up and we though it would be nice to acknowledge it this year in a special way.
We thought given that there is very little Jane doesn't 'have or can't buy for herself that the best gift we could give her is excuse the expression "a gift from the heart" - a check for the new charitable foundation she and James
have started- The Open Heart Foundation. With that in mind, in order for this to be meaningful we are going to set a goal of $500. Given how many order Jane's products usually, we feel this is an attainable goal. I know many of you would prefer to give Jane something more personal but she has made it clear over the years that as much as she loves and appreciates the thought behind these "gifts" she really doesn't know what to do with them. A gift to her foundation is something she will truly embrace. However, for those who would like to feel they are reaching out to her in a more personal way we would like to invite you to include a personal note in an email - or even snail mail if you wish with your donation. (Please do not send gifts or artwork etc)

Probably the most efficient way of doing this is by paypal. Most of you know my paypal but if not it is michaela1@aol.com If you don't have paypal and prefer to send a check, email me privately and I will give you my home address.

Our common appreciation for Jane and her works has brought so many of us together, let's use this time to show her our own appreciation for that and the many years of enjoyment she has given us.
We hope you will want to participate in this special project in whatever amount you can.

Jane's birthday is February 15th so we have approximately one month to meet our goal. Please do not post this information on Facebook as that is one place Jane could possibly see it.

Last edited by Mary Ann on Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
genevieve

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please, count me in,dear Mary Ann.
I suppose I shall use paypal, and I ask Cécile for she helps me!
Gen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in, Mary Ann. Thanks for choosing PayPal as this it the only reliable way for me to send money worldwide. Smile

My YouTube | My Facebook
Jeske

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I said in the other thread. I'm in. I just send the money through Paypal.
Anne

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just sent mine to you, Mary Ann. Smile

My YouTube | My Facebook
HorseyJaneFan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in, too! Very Happy

(made by Kaitlyn, a friend on a DWTS board)

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=371907511
Mary Ann
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can do this guys- and if we get more than $500 so much the better right?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
cherubin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a great idea, Mary Ann. I'll using PayPal, I'm waiting for a friend, we'll send you together. Wink

Cécile

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll help Geneviève, no problem.
Will send the money after the 25th, day I'm paid.
Don't worry I'm in
Mary Ann I send you a PM

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already donated awhile back to the open heart foundation but I already mad something for her it's a scrapbook of her life till now.. I will still send it tho I worked hard on it.. XX Sara

If Your Heart Is Open, Love Will Always Find Its Way In-Jane Seymour
Gemma

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

count me in too. It's a pleasure.

Clickable banner
Mary Ann
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After considering the amount of time we have to get this together I would like to set a deadline of February 1st to get everyone's money, and personal notes to me. Also depending on how much we collect- I'll do a poll to see how many would prefer all the money go to the foundation and how many would like to get flowers also.IF we do flowers to get something really decent we will have to plan on $200 or so. We did that before when James's father died and that is what we paid. So we can think about that. Everyone is being quite generous so I really think we may even surpass our goal who knows! This is our chance to kind of show Jane how much we appreciate her by honoring something that means a lot to her.
bahirbalu

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in!
Mary Ann
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone, after thinking about this a bit I'd like to add that anyone who would like to send Jane a birthday card can add that with their donation or if they are using paypal just send the card . YOu can send the cards to me and I will include them in the envelope. Please nothing but birthday cards though- however if those of you are creative wish to design your own, that's fine.
This way everyone who wants to personalize their gift to Jane will be able to. I will also have the names of all who donate printed in the card as I think to do this right we will have the card printed professionally. So far we are doing fairly well but let's see how much we can collect by Feb 1st.

Thanks to everyone who has already contacted me!
Mary Ann
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After thinking about it and talking to several people, I think we really should stick to just the check for Jane for the foundation. We forget, she has a beautiful garden of her own and I'm told now that she has a delivery of fresh flowers also every day so really the money would be kind of wasted. I think the idea was to make the gift more personal but we can do that with people writing cards and notes. Hope people agree. Besides then our goal would have to be about $700. Knowing Jane it will mean far more to her to get a donation for the foundation since it will be opening a few days later officially.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The DQ Times Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: