The DQ Times Forum Index

The DQ Times
We welcome new members however registration is by administrator only. To join please send an email to michaela1 at aol.com introducing yourself and explaining why you would like to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Jane to guest on ABC's CAstle!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
luis

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so far, this sneak peak was the only images I could see from Castle. Im still looking for a way to find an US IP for my PC.

Luis - Portugal
Mary Ann
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luis the ep should be on line after and the links I sent out earlier are also for international members. I will post Jane's scenes online anyway on the website either way.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
luis

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Mary Ann!

I will be around!

Luis
Anne

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm downloading the ep now. I hope my computer doesn't decide to crash. LaughingLaughing
Can't wait to see it. Smile

My YouTube | My Facebook
dqmwartist

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here goes my review and this is coming from someone who has never watched Castle before. (I'm a big Glee fan). Get this, I enjoyed the eppie and parts of it made me crack up. Castle's mom looked very familiar and I can't recall her name and I recognized the guy that played Steve in Sex and the City. Jane was great, but the makeup she had made her look all wrinkled and old..not an attractive look for her at all.

Not sure if Castle and Becket are an item, but he seems to really have the HOTS for her and a bit full of himself at times. He had some great facial expressions too. Very Happy

Pretty soon I'll be getting the first season of it from Netflix so we'll see how that viewing goes. Smile
Anne

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarah, the woman who plays Castle's mom was on Dharma and Greg. She played Greg's mom there. (In case you've seen the show)

The only thing I regret about this episode is that Jane's part is so small. She was great as usual, but I wish they had given her more lines and scenes.

I agree with you, Sarah, on the make-up. They did a lousy job on Jane. She looked older than usual, even older than her own age. Maybe it's also the lighting which made her look old. Too bad they didn't have Ozzy Smith in their crew.

I'll have to re-watch it at least once because there were a few things I didn't understand acoustically.

My YouTube | My Facebook
dqmwartist

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anne wrote:
Sarah, the woman who plays Castle's mom was on Dharma and Greg. She played Greg's mom there. (In case you've seen the show)

Yes I have watched Dharma and Greg, good show. I also remember the one with the Pixie Sticks.
Anne

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dqmwartist wrote:
Yes I have watched Dharma and Greg, good show. I also remember the one with the Pixie Sticks.
Oh yes, that one was hilarious! LaughingLaughing

My YouTube | My Facebook
Mary Ann
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Becket's mom is played by Susan Sullivan who was also on Falcon Crest

I can only echo the frustration with what they did to Jane- I watched her on ET a few hours earlier and you wouldn't have believed she was the same women- the makeup was clearly deliberate to give a certain effect but given that Jane is in the category of trying for roles where there is so much competition I'm not sure it was worth allowing herself to be shown in that light (literally and figuratively) You'd almost think SHE was the corpse with the white makeup and dark red lipstick.

If you've not seen the show before this isn't a very good representative ep. It was cute in parts, not up to what all the hype was though. The Becket Castle quips and the end before Josh called were fun for series fans but if you want a real feel for the show watch the ep called Knock Down that aired this season.
THAT was one of the best ever done. It was serious, and granted this was meant to be more lighthearted but I'm a huge fan of the show and even I didn't LOVE this one. Just saying don't judge the series based on this one ep.
OR for those who don't know Jane please tune into ET to see the REAL Jane Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Joan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched the episode tonight, the first Castle episode for me. I agree with everyone about Jane's makeup, but she does that sort of character very well. As it was my first episode I found it kind of "cute" but I tend to compare crime drama's to Criminal Minds. It's probably an unfair comparison, but I don't watch too many crime dramas these days.

It was nice to see Jane back on tv.

Myspace: www.myspace.com/joanve
Facebook: www.facebook.com/joan.epstein
Twitter: drmike125
Mary Ann
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joan and all, this was as I said NOT a good representative ep of Castle.
If you want to give it another look check out Knockdown or 3xkiller there are a lot of recommended eps on the castle primer page, if you want I can list them here. It's hard when you just catch 1 ep and have to form your impression of the show from that but I promise you castle when the are doing drama as they've actually been doing a lot more of lately before this ep, can compete with the best- They recently did a two parter on terrorism and it was amazing.
Joan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mary Ann, fair enough....and you are correct, I shouldn't judge the series on one episode. I will look for the episodes you mentioned.

And now this is going to really show my age: I remember watching Susan Sullivan on Another World years and years and years ago....and a piece of trivia I found out about her on imdb.com is that her middle name is Michaela.

Myspace: www.myspace.com/joanve
Facebook: www.facebook.com/joan.epstein
Twitter: drmike125
Mary Ann
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it really? That's neat!

I love Susan on Castle, one of my favorite cast members, she is sort of Castle's conscience and the one who forces him to admit things to himself like he's really in love with Beckett
Jeske

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watched the episode online this afternoon. I did like the episode. Not as good as some others I've seen, so I have to agree with MaryAnn on that one (and I haven't even seen the episodes MaryAnn mentioned, because they are behind on the show here).

Loved Jane of course. Agree with everyone on the make up... ugh. The part was too small. Would've liked to have seen more of her. Smile

Mary Ann wrote:
I love Susan on Castle, one of my favorite cast members, she is sort of Castle's conscience and the one who forces him to admit things to himself like he's really in love with Beckett

I love Castle's chemistry with his Mother, daughter and Beckett!
Mary Ann
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Media bloggers loved it because they felt it was lighthearted, I prefer the meatier eps with a touch of humor, That said below are some of the better Castle eps to try. I can't say I blame those who watched the show for the first time and wondered what all the fuss was about. All I can repeat is this was NOT Castle at it's best no matter WHAT the reviewers said!

Some of these eps if not all you can actually access through IMDB

Season One
Flowers for your Grave- The Pilot
A Chill Runs Through Her Veins # 5

Season Two
Sucker Punch # 13
Tick Tick Tick # 17
Boom # 18
A Deadly Game # 24

Season Three

A Deadly Affair # 1
Nicki Heat- funny but somehow still better than Jane's ep
Knockdown # 13

For real drama try

Set up # 16
and Countdown # 17 from this season (3)
a two parter on a terrorist plot to blow up a bomb in NY

These will give you a better idea of what the show is REALLY like.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The DQ Times Forum Index -> Jane News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: