The DQ Times Forum Index

The DQ Times
We welcome new members however registration is by administrator only. To join please send an email to michaela1 at aol.com introducing yourself and explaining why you would like to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Buffalo Soldiers
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lynn

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:05 pm    Post subject: Buffalo Soldiers Reply with quote

I believe a lot should have been added to this episode. When Michaela was arrested on the battle field Sully should have reacted. He probably would have argued with Carver. Michaela would have at least with her expression try to get him to stop so he wouldn't get arrested too. Sully should have been seen visiting her in jail. They should have discussed their fear for her. She was arrested for treason so she could have been sentence to be executed or at least a long time in prison. She would have wanted him to promise to look after the children for her. If his plan for letting Carver see the indians didn't work he would probably have wanted to break her out and go on the run with her if she was found guilty. Their fear should have been shown
Irene

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject: hi Reply with quote

Lynn,I couldn't agree more...It seems to me that in some episodes the fact that Sully loves Michaela and cares for her is completely forgotten Confused ....I mean he must have been worried!
DQ4ME

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree also. But I really did like that eps. But there was sure more that could have been played out.

Carol
Lynn

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree this is one of myfavorite episodes that is why I want more
Mary Ann
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lynn an episode like this that upset me even more was Right or Wrong- remember that one? All through it we kept hearing Mike warning Sully they shoot people for treason when he wanted to help the indian return to his family but when Mike is arrested eveyone treats it like a joke! Suddenly Jake is saying things like "well we all like Dr. Mike but she broke the law" Excuse me but didn't you say she could be HUNG for this? And when Sully finds out she is in prison for doing what he asked her to what does he do? Does he blame himself? Does he go nuts trying to find a way to help her?- No he tells her he's going to vote! Ok, he was trying to please her but please! I didn't know wether to treat the whole episode as a joke or what Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Lynn

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I find these things missing in Right or Wrong not as upsetting because Dorothy had that picture published and I think Sully and Michaela thought that Wooden would release her
Mary Ann
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose, I just took the whole thing seriously and was expecting this great drama and it turned into more of a comedy. One thing I did like about Buffalo Soldiers was how it really reflected the spirit that Michaela had in the first few seasons- I really loved that in her and she sort of lost a lot of that in later seasons. I know people change but her forthright honesty and standing up for what she believed in was what made me fall in love with the character. I do agree about Sully though, the reaction should have been different.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Lynn

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitly agree about the spirt of Michaela. That is what I loved the most about the show and there was a lot less of that as the show went on. Willing going to jail, at the risk of her life, to stand up for what is right at all costs
Irene

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:32 pm    Post subject: hi Reply with quote

Oh girls you mean that Michaela is not so much Michaela in the rest of the seasons???Cause that would be so sad Sad ...I'm asking cause I haven't seen them yet
Lynn

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once she had Katie I felt there was less of that. It was still there sometimes, but not as much
DQ4ME

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Irene you will just have to watch them for yourself, and decide. I thought she still was the same person, but she had just become more settled.
But I think she still had a lot of fight left in her, just maybe not as much as the beginning.

Carol
Irene

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:49 pm    Post subject: hi Reply with quote

I hope I will soon have the chance to see for myself...but I will most certainly share all my thoughts with you all Wink
DQ4ME

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can tell you we will be looking forward to sharing our thoughts with you and you with us. At least you will have your own opinion on what you thought about different shows.

Carol
Lynn

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just finished rewatching Right or Wrong. I do agree with Mary Ann that I tend to take the episodes like they were real. In Buffalo soldiers I am a lot more upset that Michael charged with treason wasn't shown with more feelings. I think why I don't feel as strongly in Right or Wrong is the cartoon in the Denver paper. Michaela and Mathew were upset when she was first arrested. By the time Sully returned the cartoon was in the paper and he was sure that Wooden would release her because of it. As to Jake and his friends I don't think they thought about the seiousness of the crime Michaela would be charged with. They were only thinking of themselves and winning the election. If it had gone further with a trial, guilty verdict and sentence I bet they would have felt bad and realize what they did too late!
DQ4ME

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lynn I to just watched that eps Friday at work. I agree with you, Jake and Preston were only out for their selves. But in my opinion I think the town people should have been more upset for DR Mike, since they all claim to love her so much, and it would have been nice if no one would have voted for Preston or Jake, since Jake turned her in and Preston is just a plain idiot. And then it would have been nice to see Jake grovel in the dirt so to speak to try and help Dr Mike get out of jail when he realized what a big mistake he had made, and then the towns people could have voted for him after they realized he had a real change of heart.

Carol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The DQ Times Forum Index -> Rewrite Please! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: