The DQ Times Forum Index

The DQ Times
We welcome new members however registration is by administrator only. To join please send an email to michaela1 at aol.com introducing yourself and explaining why you would like to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Beth Sullivan
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mary Ann
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:18 pm    Post subject: Beth Sullivan Reply with quote

Over the years since the demise of Dr. Quinn, fans have asked me if there is some way to contact Beth, to tell her how much this show meant to them, how in some ways it even changed their lives. Recently I spoke with Beth who is now living in California who is dealing with some health issues that have her a bit down. It occured to me that perhaps hearing from the people who were so affected by her creation might lift her spirits a bit. I asked her how she would feel about hearing from some of the fans and she said she would love that. So if anyone would like to send a little card, note, letter to Beth, you can email me privately if you don't have my home address. I will collect them all and send them to her. I do ask that you leave your letter if you are writing one in an open envelope as I will be screening these. From time to time, Beth has received negative feedback from fans, and this is not what she needs right now.

Years ago when she had her accident, the fans worked together on a quilt made of squares that fans from all over the world worked on or sent ideas for (a small group actually stitched it) Beth still has this quilt she told me in her current house, she said it meant the world to her.

IF not for BEth when you think of it, most of us would not even know each other, so it seems like it would be nice to say thank you, especially when I think she really does need to hear it.

Last edited by Mary Ann on Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
CÚcile

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please tell her we LOVE her.
I will send you a letter for Beth as soon as I can.
Without Beth, I won't be here, I won't have the luck, the blessing to know you, to have you as friends, sisters of my heart's family.
Mary Ann
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She also said if anyone would like to ask her anything about the show, she would be happy to answer, just don't expect long answers, she's not up to it at present.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
dqmwartist

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear she's in a tough spot right now. Crying or Very sad I'll see what I can come up with letter wise and maybe a poem to lift her spirits.
Mary Ann
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sara that's a lovely idea, anyone who maybe wants to design a card that would also be great.
HorseyJaneFan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poor Beth! So sorry she's having a rough time roght now, and sad that fans are giving her negative feedback. I'll write a letter as soon as I have time.

(made by Kaitlyn, a friend on a DWTS board)

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=371907511
Mary Ann
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANKS SARA AND JOANNA
Anne

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mary Ann, thank you so much for the opportunity of writing a letter or whatever to Beth. Smile

I'm just not comfortable with leaving the envelope open. I would never write anything negative to her, but I don't like it when people who my letter isn't directed at, read it. I'd feel quite embarrassed about it. Embarassed

My YouTube | My Facebook
Mary Ann
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand but I wanted to be honest about it. There has been a lot of negative feedback in the past from some fans, some of it quite vicious and I just can't take the chance on that happening this time. That said, I am referring more to those who read here that I do not know personally, who are not active members etc. Those of you who are active members of this forum, will not be subject to that if you choose to write Beth. I sound like the airport homeland security! I'm sorry I really don't mean to sound harsh but there is some history here I have to take into account. Beth is a friend, she is hurting and I don't want her hurt anymore.
Anne

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Mary Ann, I didn't know that. How can be so-called fans be so nasty to her instead of being thankful for the beautiful show she created? Was it because of the absence of Sully during half of season six or was it because of the return of Daniel? In any case, I think this is simply stupid to react this way.

My YouTube | My Facebook
Mary Ann
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes on both counts - hopefully people are way past that but some I fear are not.
dqmwartist

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My letter is going to be about how I got started watching DQ, etc. I wasn't on the list when certain things went down and there won't be anything negative in mine. As for the poem if you all want me to do something like we did for Jane and have it in a card let me know. Very Happy
Mary Ann
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a great idea Sara but it can be personal from you since this isn't a group project.
HorseyJaneFan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's awful that so called fans woiuld be so nasty to Beth. I hope these letters will help her realize there are many true fans who really appreciate all she has done.

(made by Kaitlyn, a friend on a DWTS board)

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=371907511
Mary Ann
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those who write, try not to mention her surgery, just stay positive and upbeat about the show and what it meant or still means to you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The DQ Times Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: