The DQ Times Forum Index

The DQ Times
We welcome new members however registration is by administrator only. To join please send an email to michaela1 at aol.com introducing yourself and explaining why you would like to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Ingrid death
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DQ4ME

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did too. I thought they made such a good pair. A very cute couple. But I guess Matthew would have been limited. She wasn't even alive to see him become Sherriff. Wonder if he would have tried out for the job if she had been alive?? I guess we will never know Confused
Maritza

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the creators were concern with him being limited, they could have had them broken up for a little while, maybe she goes away. Then during that time the writers could have had various love interest. But ultimately he misses Ingrid and goes find her and bring her back to CS. Maybe stop her from some arrange marriage. I don't know. All I know I took it to heart when she died and left feeling so sad for Matthew never having found anyone. In fact, they killed Ingrid for no reason as he never had a mess of love interest. Except for that episode where he was being introduce to some young ladies.

DQ4ME

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maritza, that would have been a good story line, what you said. Maybe them getting back together later on. Maybe you should have been a writer for the show Smile
Maritza

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, DQ4ME.
Maybe I'll write a fanfic about it. This always disturbed me, the death of Ingrid as I didn't see it serve any purpose except to breifly meet Emma who left him do do some traveling as a seamstress.

DQ4ME

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know. His relationship with Emma was over before you could blink your eyes. And it wasn't worth killing Ingrid off for. But another reason they killed her off is because they had just had Michaela and Sully's wedding which drew a lot of attention and was big for the show. and I just don't think the writers wanted to go there with Ingrid and Matthew. I really cried when she died. It hurt me so much for Matthew, even though I know it is only a show. But it sure did bring some tears to my eyes Confused
genevieve

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is the same for me. I know it is only a show, I know it is ended since years, but I cry every time I watch it!
Geneviève
7thheavenfan21

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just finished watching this episode about 5 mins ago. The tears are still streaming down my face. It was so sad!! They didn't need to kill her off. I really wished if she would have stayed because she was one of my favorite characters. They could have rewrote this so she didn't die.Sad Sad Sad
Mary Ann
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mariza I love your alternative, and I think that could have worked. I never did hear a really good explanation for why Jen's character was killed off. She loved the show and everyone on the show loved her. I too enjoyed her with Matthew. I think watching Matthew try to help her raise her brothers and sisters would have been really interesting but I guess they figured then he would have had to become a cattle rancher or something since the townspeople just were never going to truly accept the immigrants enough for the family to live in the town.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
amber

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember reading on Chad's website (and someone else here has said this too, I think) that Chad was determined that Matthew and Ingrid not wed...he thought Matthew would be a more interesting character not being tied down and having a whole lot of different experiences. I have to agree that I hated how Ingrid left (made me cry buckets too!), but I do like the way Matthew's character evolved...young teenage boy with lots of angst, cattle rancher, sheriff, then lawyer...perhaps it would have been harder to pull off all of these changes in Matthew's life if he had been married, but perhaps not... Question
Mary Ann
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did like Matthew with Ingrid though, she was so sweet. I can understand why he didn't want to be tied down too young though or rather his character- I didn't care for him with Emma.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
DQ4ME

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hated the way Ingrid died also. But not sure which way Ingrid would have went, maybe that she was going back to her country. But it was very sad, and I too cried for Matthew. Plus I did like the Ingrid character. I don't think it made Matthew more interesting not having someone, but he sure did mature and have a lot of different jobs Smile
chica

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with alot of your statements, especially Maritza. The writers could have had them break up for a while. In fact, Ingrid returned her ring in one episode but never showed them making up again. She could have moved with her family and Matthew could have gone after her or something, but to kill her off and never have Matthew find true love again was so sad. I do like how Matthew's character grew up and matured. I think the sheriff and lawyer storylines were very good but he still could have found love. If they had not killed Ingrid off they could have brought her back anytime. I read somewhere that Jennifer (Ingrid) didn't even know she was being killed off until she read the script.
Maritza

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW!! That's a terrible way to be fired reading it in the script. Why didn't they do that to Preston or Jake? They were worthy to be killed off. Even at one time Dorothy was worthy to be killed off. HAHAHA!!!! I know some of you probably thought it best for Hank to go, but he was crucial to the show. You know, the residence bad boy to stir things up. HAHAHA!!! But not dear sweat Ingrid. I was so looking forward to her character becoming a strong woman having Dr. Mike as a mother in law. Imagine the transfomation they could have done with her.

Elaine

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maritza wrote:
WOW!! That's a terrible way to be fired reading it in the script. Why didn't they do that to Preston or Jake? They were worthy to be killed off. Even at one time Dorothy was worthy to be killed off. HAHAHA!!!! I know some of you probably thought it best for Hank to go, but he was crucial to the show. You know, the residence bad boy to stir things up. .......

They could have gotten rid of any of the three....Hank, Preston or Jake....and still had plenty of "bad" left. I wouldn't have missed any one of them. (Since Jim is married to Beth, you can bet Jake wouldn't have gotten canned!)
Mushcs

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But then those "badies" also bring a lot to the show... Sort of need some of those to make it interesting so that the younger viewer will know the differences.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The DQ Times Forum Index -> Rewrite Please! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: