The DQ Times Forum Index

The DQ Times
We welcome new members however registration is by administrator only. To join please send an email to michaela1 at aol.com introducing yourself and explaining why you would like to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Point Blank
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rachel First

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:46 pm    Post subject: Point Blank Reply with quote

I know ya'll love this epsiode and voted it an all time favorite, but it's probably one of my least favorites.
I think it's beyond silly that she was shot at close range in the chest and within a couple of days, she's home sitting up in bed with just a sling on her arm, carrying Katie around and no visible physical effects from such a trauma.
Also, why in the world didn't she just take Colleen or Sully or anyone with her to the office if she was skittish about going back to work?

DQ4ME

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I am sure it was meant to be a flesh wound. which isn't that bad, but the feeling of opening a door and the shock of getting shot at is why she couldn't go back to the office. I thought it was beautifully played out. When that door slams and she hits the floor hollaring "don't shoot", makes me cry because she is so tramazied by just a sound. But everyone is free to express their own opinion. What was your favorite one Rachel??
Mushcs

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this episode is one of the most emotional episode. Like Carol said, I thought it was a fresh wound too so recovery is quicker.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DQ4ME wrote:
Well I am sure it was meant to be a flesh wound. which isn't that bad, but the feeling of opening a door and the shock of getting shot at is why she couldn't go back to the office. I thought it was beautifully played out. When that door slams and she hits the floor hollaring "don't shoot", makes me cry because she is so tramazied by just a sound. But everyone is free to express their own opinion. What was your favorite one Rachel??

I thought it was supposed to be a life threatening injury, but maybe you're right...just a flesh wound.
My favorite episodes are the ones that have more of a "western" feel to them like "The Incident" and "The Abduction I & II" and also "Luck of the Draw," which gave the Rev a good storyline with some substance to it.
Irene

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:52 pm    Post subject: hi Reply with quote

This is one of my most favourite episodes Very Happy I think Jane's performance was exceptional Wink When she was shot and Hank burged in,the way she called his name Shocked Gosh...I thought she was shot for real Shocked
I think the emotional trauma was mostly presented in that epi and succesfully Wink
Elaine

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't really know how many days she was in Andrew's clinic, do we? It could have been more than "a couple of days" before she was home with a sling.

~~E~~
Mary Ann
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the way Andrew reacted, I would guess it was more then a flesh wound, the inference is Andrew saved her life. I also think that it probably was a week or so not just a few days, it's hard to tell in an episode. I think what I did miss about this one was more involvement from the townspeople. They didn't really react very much and I think the storyline lost something but keeping them all so peripheral. I also was very disappointed that we didn't see Sully in private with Michaela, perhaps praying to the Spirits at her bedside, I know we got Brian but it wasn't the same, Then when she awakes there isn't much emotion. I guess given Sully's storyline of losing one wife, I thought we would see his pain at the thought he might lose Michaela. I do think the wound was meant to be serious.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Irene

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:44 pm    Post subject: hi Reply with quote

I couldn't agree more Mary Ann about the lack of emotion when Michaela wakes up Confused ...Really I didn't see Sully being worried at all Shocked ....I mean Brian was obviously more afraid and worried than Sully....Sully was just a faint presense Confused ...that is something that I would change...cause the wound was definitely meant to be serious!
Mushcs

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the point of the episode was more to getting throught the fear from Michaela point of view. That could be a reason why they did not show the sadness or fear in Sully. Maybe.
Irene

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject: hi Reply with quote

Well yeah Canice that is a thought Wink
Mary Ann
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canice, you're right and also it was written specifically for Jane to showcase her. It was more or less a psychological study and the idea for the episode came through Jane from someone she and James knew who worked on the show. In the script, Sully is a bit more emotional at least supposedly the look on his face when she wakes up but that seems to have changed in the filming.. My feeling though was the core of Dr. Quinn as a series was about the community and family and when somethign like this happens I would have liked to have seen more interaction. On the other hand, I guess the whole message was that Michaela had to ultimately deal with this on her own terms and noone not even Sully could do it for her.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
DQ4ME

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your all right. When we go through a tragic time in our lives sometimes only we can deal with it alone to get our boundries again, and get back on our feet. Jane was just totally awesome in that show. She is a true actress.
Mushcs

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I remember that Jane and James mentioned about the DR who got shot in the commentary. That is why I said it is more to dealing with Michaela character rather than Sully.
Irene

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject: hi Reply with quote

Yes I agree on that too,that she had to deal with it on her own,thought as Mary Ann said I would love to see more interaction.As for Sully...what I had in mind was a little more fear in his eyes that he would have lost her Wink
Maritza

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yes, I agree. Sully was a little emotionless. I would love to have see fear and maybe a lone tear when no one was around him praying to the spirits. Nothing big but enough to show he thought he might lose her. I mean, Hank showed more feelings here than him I think. Hanks and Jane's performance were exceptional, but Sully lacked a little.
I also felt that someone should have gone with her on her first day back to work. At least into town. I found this odd.
Other than that, I love this episode. So intense and very real. And I love CD frantic search for a thread. That was funny. And what was more amazing was that CD was allowd at the hotel. I was surprise Preston didn't come along and kick him out.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The DQ Times Forum Index -> Rewrite Please! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: