The DQ Times Forum Index

The DQ Times
We welcome new members however registration is by administrator only. To join please send an email to michaela1 at aol.com introducing yourself and explaining why you would like to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Point Blank
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elaine

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maritza wrote:
........ And what was more amazing was that CD was allowd at the hotel. I was surprise Preston didn't come along and kick him out.

Had Preston come along and try to throw Cloud Dancing out, I believe CD would have beat Preston to a pulp! And rightly so.
Maritza

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! And the townsfolk would have cheered him on, maybe even Hank would have back up CD. HAHAHAHAHA!!!!
Preston wouldn't have a chance. Laughing Laughing Laughing

chica

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with so many of your comments and also felt that William and Jane gave "the performance" of their DQ career!. Their performance was so intense.

I also would have liked to see more reaction from Sully. Maybe he was directed to keep a strong presence and not to act too emotional because this could have made Michaela too nervous. An example of this was my own life experience giving birth to my daughter...I had preclampsia and the Dr. had induced labor. My blood pressure went extremely high and the baby was under a great deal of stress. I was put on oxygen and later began having hallucinations and the situation was very tense for a while. My husband was so calm and tried to keep me calm. He never let me know how dangerous the situation had become because he didn't want me to become hysterical and maybe risk my health or my life. That's the way I view Sully when she wakes up. He must stay calm for her sake and not let on how serious the situation was. To do so could risk her wellbeing.

The scene I think was missing was:
He kisses her goodbye, tells her how much she means to him and then goes into the hall and breaks down (like he does so well in THATH in Season 6 when he mourns the baby lost in the miscarriage). Just my 2 cents worth.

Also, has anyone noticed that Sully cheats death several times during the run of the series but not so with Dr. Mike. She has a few injuries here and there but I believe that "Point Blank" and "The Epidemic" the only times in the series where she could have truly died. (Correct me if I'm wrong).
Tess

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with your entire post Debi. Correct you if you're wrong? I don't think there is anything to correct, but maybe add. Very Happy I think Michaela's life was very much in danger in "The Abduction" too. She was completely at the mercy of the Dog Soldiers. Just my .02. Wink

PS: What a wonderful husband you have there. I always felt that Sully was just being strong for Michaela - it's his way. I agree with you about the "missing" scene too. Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debi and Tess..........I also agree with your points. "Point Blank" is one of my absolute favorite episodes, but there are those few missing factors.
DQ4ME

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Add me to your list!! I too agree. And there is nothing to correct with your post. It was well said!!. I really would have liked to see Sully show a little more emotion for the lady he loves so much, but outside her view. Maybe walking into the barn, or like what was said about walking out in to the hall way where she couldn't hear him and let him shed some tears after being so strong in her presence. The show was totally one of the best ever written and acted out. Come to think of it, Sully really showed more emotion in The Epedimic". and he didn't even know her that well. He leaned over and kissed when she was asleep, and then when he had her out at CD's camp, he was tense when he asked CD if she was going to live. Pretty emotional to me. Smile
Elaine

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I can think is that they wanted to focus only on Michaela. As it is, she seems to "heal" so suddenly at the end. If they had added scenes of Sully breaking down, there would have been even less time for her to finally come around.
Anne

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They should have made it a two-parter. This way they would have had enough room to give to Sully to show some more feelings.

My YouTube | My Facebook
Maritza

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, definitely this eppy should have been two parts. Still, even as is, they could have still taken a few seconds, to show Sully maybe walk into the hallway, away from everyone and shed a little tear, maybe even call out to the spirits begging for her not to be taken. Or at the grave yard or woods for a few seconds. They have done other such countless scenes in a few seconds to convey emotions, surely something like this could have been done at the very least.

Irene

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:54 pm    Post subject: hi Reply with quote

I agree with all of you and Elaine this is one of the best episodes Very Happy JMO Wink
Mushcs

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another one to add to the fav list!!
Mary Ann
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sully managed to cry for No Harm in Washita- why not a tear for possibly losing Michaela? While I adore Shawn- this was one time I thought the please don't leave us scene should have been with Sully not Brian. Sully was too calm- it's not like he's not shown emotion before- remember the scene in which he tells Michaela he's not willing to chance losing her after Clayton and his wife lose their baby? - I think this one was as Jane herself admitted a 'tour de force' for her. And she was nominated for an emmy for her role in it but I think her part could have been enhanced even more within the context of showing how everyone reacted to what happened not just her. I noticed in this one the townspeople were more or less props. In the earlier part of the series you would have seen so much more feeling from Dorothy, from Loren etc.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
kristin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After just watching this, I definitely think it could have easily been a two-parter, by incorporating the townspeople's reaction. But then again, as Elaine had mentioned, because of the basis for the episode, they may have wanted to just keep the focus on Michaela to drive home the point they were after. I liked seeing Brian in there with her asking her not to leave, since he's already lost a mother. I read Sully as being not so emotional because she had already had the surgery when he arrived (though I don't know how long he was there before she woke up foggy), he knew she was in good hands, and she's so strong and healthy, and like Debi said, I'm sure he didn't want to worry her and show any panic. I agree he could have shed a tear or something, but not too much focus on that...it may have taken away from the impact they wanted to have on the viewers. Then again back on the other hand again, traumatic experiences like that don't just affect the victim - it has a profound impact on the victim's family and friends, so maybe they could have explored that more. I don't know. I'm just rambling now I think - haha!
Mary Ann
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the script for this Sully does get tearful. Not sure why they chose to play it differently
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
kristin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After watching the commentary last night (which was wonderful, by the way) it sounded like James Keach's intent was to really focus on the actual PTSD itself. I would guess maybe that's why they sort of steered away from the other character's emotions and focused on the nightmares, the sounds (knocking on a door), the clock... almost like the PTSD became the main character, but I could be totally wrong. It's definitely been known to happen!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The DQ Times Forum Index -> Rewrite Please! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: