The DQ Times Forum Index

The DQ Times
We welcome new members however registration is by administrator only. To join please send an email to michaela1 at aol.com introducing yourself and explaining why you would like to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Colleen at College

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Bray

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:11 pm    Post subject: Colleen at College Reply with quote

This really isn't a re-write but rather a suggestion. I would have loved to see an episode that involved Colleen at college. It could be set completely in Denver. It would be interesting to see how a Woman's College worked in the 1800's. Also it would have been great to see more of Colleen and Andrew. I would have them go to a dance or something together along the same lines as Michaela and Sully in Boston. Furthermore, it would be really cool to have them work together to help should a medical emergency come up. I think that is would be interesting to see Colleen and Andrew in action when Michaela is not around. Also it would give porr Jane Seymour a break for a change!
Mary Ann
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well being a Jane Fan I'm selfish I didn't want her to have a break!
Laughing Actually she took one when she was filming pregnant anyway, she was missing a good part of each ep in the 4th season. But if you love Colleen and Andrew, you must have really enjoyed the second movie.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Anne

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I loved the episodes when Jessica's Colleen was away at college and not around at all. WinkLaughing

Oh, and an episode without Michaela? No way! I just can't imagine seeing Dr. Quinn without my beloved doctor. The eps without Sully were hard enough already, but at least Michaela was there. Having neither around would have been too painful for me to stomach, especially seeing a whole epi with a whiny Jessica-Colleen in it. WinkLaughingLaughing

My YouTube | My Facebook
Elaine

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anne, I agree......200%! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I've never gotten over Jessica....she actually ruins DQ for me, in a certain kind of way. Mad She was a total opposite of Erika, and I considered Erika to "be" Colleen, so I just couldn't accept Jessica as Colleen. She may be perfectly fine in other roles.

Last edited by Elaine on Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mary Ann
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think though we all have our own favorites, we need to remember some people's favorites may not be ours. A lot of fans DID like Jessica's Colleen, I wouldn't want Mike to feel we were insulting his favorite anymore then we'd want him to heaven forbid insult Jane Smile

What is nice is when someone shares WHY someone is their favorite who may not be as popular. That's how I came to appreciate William's portrayal of Hank. Gypsy helped me to see him in a whole new light.

So Mike, what is it about Jessica's Colleen you like?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
DQ4ME

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know I feel in love with Hank, espcecially to see that he really had a tender side, my heart went out to him many times. But I agree I loved seeing Jane and Sully and sure did miss Sully when he wasn't in some of the shows. But I also loved most of the cast and enjoyed seeing them and missed them when they weren't there. Just like in the show "ALL Stars". I would have loved to see Hank playing baseball, and missed the fact that he wasn't there.
Mr. Bray

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my! I've created some tension! Just kidding Laughing
Anyway, first of all I love Jane! I just thought after hearing her in an interview talking about the schedule she worked that she deserved one episode off. Also from a historic standpoint I thought that seeing how a college was run, especailly a women's college would have been very interesting. I really liked Jessica's Colleen. I also like Erika. Funny, for me the switch in actresses did not bother me at all. Also I loved the storyline between Andrew and Colleen. However, I will be bold enoigh to say that I thought that Erika looked too 90's for the role with her hair and manicured nails. Also I found her acting to be a little "theatric" at times especially during crying scenes. She was too modern for my tastes BUT I think she was very good in the role. Jessica had a more natural feel to her acting, it didn't seem forced. I also think that you can measure how good an actor is by how well they can fake cry. Jessica made it all look natural and the subtleness of a tear rolling down the cheek is always effective. Also I think that she looks a lot like Charlotte. Please don't be made at me, like I said I think both actresses were great but when I think of Colleen in my mind I always picture Jessica.
DQ4ME

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well everyone is intitled to his or her opinion, so hopefully no one will get mad just because you like one better then the other. I will always love Erika but now that is my opinion. I never thought she was fake, but that she was more down to earth then Jessica's Colleen was. I thought she was to frilly for the part, and she was to prissy, but I still like her. I don't hold that against her at all!! Smile It is nice to share thoughts and opinions, and even though I have seen some take it a little to serious mostly everyone handles it pretty good. The world wouldn't be full of surprises if everyone was the same and had the same opinion. We would be a world full of robots Laughing
kristin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as Colleen and Andrew went...was it just me, or did they come together rather abruptly in the end of season 5? They seemed like they were going to form a connection when he first showed up in town, then it looked like Becky might be an interest for him, then it kind of tapered off...we didn't really see much between Colleen and Andrew until...hmm...what episode was it? She came out to see the clinic at the resort (and even though Andrew had invited her out, she turned around and asked if she could come see it that afternoon...I'm not sure a "lady" would have done that...) But anyway, they seemed more like colleages and friends to me at that point, then all of a sudden a couple episodes later he was asking her to be a partner in the clinic, then kissed her? I need to watch that season again because I just didn't see much leading up to that - it was a huge leap for me. But, I may have missed something too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The DQ Times Forum Index -> Rewrite Please! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: