The DQ Times Forum Index

The DQ Times
We welcome new members however registration is by administrator only. To join please send an email to michaela1 at aol.com introducing yourself and explaining why you would like to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Last Dance
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lynn

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some reason I always liked Andrew, but he was a wimp! He did, however do OK with that creep who came to call on Colleen from Denver.
Elaine

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked Andrew too, but even more as the seasons went on. He did get some guts as time went on, walking out on Preston, giving Michaela supplies after she had to burn everything, etc.

I didn't like the Andrew-Colleen pairing however (maybe because I didn't like Colleen any more). And they really screwed things up by marrying them so fast in the last regular episode! I honestly don't think Erika's Colleen would have done things that way.
Jane

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew also prevailed when he quit working for Preston to help Dr. Mike when Marjorie was dying. He realized doing the right thing was more important than following orders.

He also came through after the Train Wreck episode. At first he discouraged Mike from performing surgery outdoors in such horrible conditions... he didn't even agree with her diagnosis. She proved him wrong on both counts - the diagnosis she made was correct. And the surgery she did in less than ideal conditions was a success. I think that had to have been humbling for Andrew.
HorseyJaneFan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked Andrew, too. He could be a wimp, but I loved the times he showed some guts. Also, I loved the scene with Andrew and Samantha (in the clinic) in "Before the Dawn." That was really cute.

I agree, Elaine, they married off Colleen and Andrew way too quickly. I can't picture Erika's Colleen marrying that quickly, either. But then, I couldn't picture her with Andrew in the first place, at least not the times when Andrew was wimpy.
Jane

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also agree that Colleen and Andrew married very quickly... I could see where Dr. Quinn could've thought they were rushing into it out of fear of losing each other. On a positive note, I think one of my favorite parts of that episode was when Dr. Mike visited Charlotte's grave. That was very clever of the writers to include.
Lynn

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Her visit to the grave gets me to cry everytime!
kristin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure I ever saw him as "wimpy", but I did see him as a young, city-bred, brand-new doctor who was very unsure of himself at times, and he was definitely out of his element in CS for awhile!
HorseyJaneFan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lynn wrote:
Her visit to the grave gets me to cry everytime!

Me, too, Lynn! It was such a touching scene.
kristin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok...I need to hurry and finish season 6 and watch the movies soon...
Jane

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone else get a little tired of Andrew falling in the mud and Colleen saying "Everyone takes a spill now and then..."??? The first time it was sweet. The second time it was, wait that already happened. And after that, I think there was at least one other time, it's like, "its not funny anymore!!!" LOL.

Erika Flores' Colleen once told Dr. Mike she'd never marry because she couldnt stand the thought of her husband looking at another woman. She was fairly young when she said that, and I would've been curious how Erika's character would've grown over time... if she'd have gotten past that fear, or if meeting someone like Andrew who adored her would've put her at ease... Andrew may have been wimpy at times, but you have to admit you never saw him looking at anyone else... well except Becky but that was only when Colleen was leaving.... LOL.
kristin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a good point, Jane - then after the way Patrick treated her, it was interesting that it didn't affect her trust in men. I was really happy to see that Andrew, instead of showering her with gifts, brought her favorite food, favorite drink and favorite dessert to the picknick...that really showed he cared more than anything.
HorseyJaneFan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kristin wrote:
That's a good point, Jane - then after the way Patrick treated her, it was interesting that it didn't affect her trust in men. I was really happy to see that Andrew, instead of showering her with gifts, brought her favorite food, favorite drink and favorite dessert to the picknick...that really showed he cared more than anything.

I agree, it showed he cared about her, and that he listened/knew eniugh about her likes to know the kind of gifts she likes. Meaningful gifts like that are more valuable than expensive gifts, in my opinion.

I wish we had gotten to see Erika's Colleen grow up. Sad

(made by Kaitlyn, a friend on a DWTS board)

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=371907511
Elaine

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HorseyJaneFan wrote:
I wish we had gotten to see Erika's Colleen grow up. Sad

AMEN!!! <sigh> Probably the biggest disappointment of the entire series, for me.
kristin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too!!
Michelle

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elaine wrote:
I liked Andrew too, but even more as the seasons went on. He did get some guts as time went on, walking out on Preston, giving Michaela supplies after she had to burn everything, etc.

I didn't like the Andrew-Colleen pairing however (maybe because I didn't like Colleen any more). And they really screwed things up by marrying them so fast in the last regular episode! I honestly don't think Erika's Colleen would have done things that way.

you know that is so true i agree i mean i was glad to see them together , yes i mean andrew did get guts and all but yes eraia's collen would have been different , and there was a big change and all oh well .

Yes bottom line they did do things to fast becuse of not knowing wither they where going to come back and all .

I still loved collen even though she changed so much that did suck i hope that made sense . Wink Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The DQ Times Forum Index -> Rewrite Please! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: