The DQ Times Forum Index

The DQ Times
We welcome new members however registration is by administrator only. To join please send an email to michaela1 at aol.com introducing yourself and explaining why you would like to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Last Dance
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jane

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,
I'm so in love with my husband, especially right now. He watches Dr. Quinn with me a lot (in return I "tolerate" Star Trek Next Generation" for him) so just now I asked him for his opinion on this whole old Colleen, new Colleen and Andrew debate... thought maybe he'd have some fresh, "outsider" insight. And he did. I think he made an interesting point.

He specifically referred to the "Heroes" episode and said that there's no way Jessica's Colleen could've been in that episode and been believable at it... her Colleen was too intellectual, worldly, too "high brow" to base her crush on Sully on a fictional story. In this sense, she lacked that Erika Flore's sweetness, innocence. Based on this comment, I asked if he thought Erika's Colleen would've fallen for Andrew and vice versa. Some more interesting insight here - if Erika's Colleen fell for Sully, Matthew (my hubby) does not think she'd have ever gone for Andrew. Based on her crush on Sully, she seemed to like the more rugged, adventurous, "salt of the earth" types. Andrew, while cute and nice, was too manicured, too "Boston Elite" for the first Colleen. My husband also says that Jessica's Colleen acted like she grew up in Boston, not in Colorado Springs, which would explain her attraction to Andrew. Anyway, interesting insight from a fan, but not an overly obsessive fan like us. : ) : ) : )
kristin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a very good point - I'm not sure that Erika's Colleen would have fallen for Andrew...she was more of a country girl. She really enjoyed Boston when she was there, and she really wanted to travel the world and see places she'd never been, but in her heart she was still a country girl. Thinking on it, I don't know if there were any other potential suitors I would have been willing to see Colleen with. Lewis was a really nice kid - but he seemed a little more "city" too. Jared was just Jared...I don't think Erika's Colleen would have hung out with him at all, much less hang out with that whole group like they did in Mothers and Daughters (I think that was the episode anyway.) I think she and Becky would have been their own friends, and I think Erika's Colleen would have been content with her life at the clinic for the time being. Colleen also fell for Jesse, that crooked cowboy. I think you're definitely right...Andrew wasn't really her type, though I do have to say, I do like Andrew as a person.
HorseyJaneFan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jane, your husband came up with some great points. Thanks for sharing. I also can't see Jessica's Colleen in the Heroes episode, at least not to make it as realistic as Erika did.

Kristin, I agree, I can't picture Erika's Colleen falling for Andrew, either. I can see them as good friends. I also can't picture Erika's Colleen hanging out with those kids in "Mother's and Daughters," or seeing her rebel like that.

Joanna

(made by Kaitlyn, a friend on a DWTS board)

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=371907511
Jane

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colleen had quite a few gentlemen come and go... especially Erika's Colleen. She started with Peter, Jared, the cowboy, Sully, then Lewis (that could very well be the wrong order) and call me crazy but I think she also really liked Tom, Dorothy's son, before she knew he was addicted to morphine. That's a romance that I could've seen developing had he not suffered from morphinism. : )
HorseyJaneFan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jane wrote:
Colleen had quite a few gentlemen come and go... especially Erika's Colleen. She started with Peter, Jared, the cowboy, Sully, then Lewis (that could very well be the wrong order) and call me crazy but I think she also really liked Tom, Dorothy's son, before she knew he was addicted to morphine. That's a romance that I could've seen developing had he not suffered from morphinism. : )

I liked Tom, too (except for his morphine problem). He seemed sweet, and he respected Colleen, and he thought it was okay for women to be doctors. Smile

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=371907511
kristin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There really weren't many other options out there, were there? Benjamin Avery? No way! Who else would that leave? Someone would have had to move to town.
HorseyJaneFan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kristin wrote:
There really weren't many other options out there, were there? Benjamin Avery? No way! Who else would that leave? Someone would have had to move to town.

I agree, there weren't many options, and they would have had to bring in someone new.

Joanna

Mary Ann
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Jane, you should have your husband join our forum, his comments are right on target in my opinion. I totally agree that Erica's Colleen would not have been as attracted to Andrew- especially the way he let Preston dominate him. I have always maintained Jessica really should have been written in as a niece of Mike's from Boston- THAT I would have accepted with no problem.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Mary Ann
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish we had seen Katie's childhood Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Jane

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mary Ann,

My husband had never watched Dr. Quinn before. In fact, his father had hated the show, assuming it was way too feminist and ahead of its time in thinking. : ) But Matthew, my hubby, indulged me and agreed to watch "just one episode" with me. That did it. He was hooked. He LOVES Cloud-Dancing's character and when I'm sick or feeling low, Matthew will come in the room and imitate Sully in the beginning sequence with the tomahawk. Matt will run around the corner and do his version of Sully's throw, minus the actual tomahawk of course. Cracks me up every time. : )

He likes contributing his opinions, and I enjoy hearing the male take on certain issues. While he may not post himself on the forum, he loves telling me his thoughts and I in turn enjoy passing them on to you all. : ) I'll tell him what you said though. He'll be very happy. : )
reneag78

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jane wrote:
when I'm sick or feeling low, Matthew will come in the room and imitate Sully in the beginning sequence with the tomahawk. Matt will run around the corner and do his version of Sully's throw, minus the actual tomahawk of course. Cracks me up every time. : )

Awwww...how sweet he plays Sully to cheer you up Very Happy. Wow Jane, sounds like you've got a 'keeper'!!! Does he have a brother??? Wink

Graphics by JohnX

Myspace | Hallmark | Facebook
HorseyJaneFan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

michaela1 wrote:
I wish we had seen Katie's childhood Sad

I do, too. That would have been great to see.

Jane, please feel free to share your husband's comments about DQ with us anytime!

kristin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish we had seen that too. I feel like we missed a lot when suddenly she was in the clinic at 4 years old at Dr Mike's side. Wouldn't it have been interesting if a child of Dr.Mike's couldn't stand the sight of blood?
Mary Ann
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kristin, didnt think of that. I had always wanted Mike and Sully to adopt an Indian child if they couldn't have let them have one of their own. I still wanted a baby boy but.. When I interviewed Jane, she said she had had the same thought- to have Katie grow up with a child of 'color'
Great minds as they say!
HorseyJaneFan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

michaela1 wrote:
Kristin, didnt think of that. I had always wanted Mike and Sully to adopt an Indian child if they couldn't have let them have one of their own. I still wanted a baby boy but.. When I interviewed Jane, she said she had had the same thought- to have Katie grow up with a child of 'color'
Great minds as they say!

I would have loved both of those, Mike and Sully adopting an Indian child, and/or them having a baby boy.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The DQ Times Forum Index -> Rewrite Please! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: