The DQ Times Forum Index

The DQ Times
We welcome new members however registration is by administrator only. To join please send an email to michaela1 at aol.com introducing yourself and explaining why you would like to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Blind Rev. Johnson
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DQ4ME

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject: Blind Rev. Johnson Reply with quote

I really hated when Rev Johnson went blind. I really didn't like it at all. I remember when Mary went blind on "Little House" and it really kind of ruined the show for me. But I love DQ a whole lot more then I loved Little House, not that I didn't like Little House, because I really did, but not as much as DQ. I would have at least let him get his sight back at the end of the season. It was such a let down for me because he never got his sight back, and he was such a good person, and he never got married, but came so close. I just re watched that show today so I had to vent Smile Smile

Carol
Elaine

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand how you feel, Carol. It's very difficult to see "bad things happen to good people," but the truth is, they do. Sad I believe that everything has a purpose, and if you watch the DQ episodes following "Season of Miracles," you can see how the Reverend becomes a stronger person as he adapts to his blindness. Even at the end of SOM, he's already learning to use his other senses more efficiently....he "hears" the snow on Christmas Eve.

I love the quote: "When God closes a door, He opens a window."

IMO, God has a reason for everything that happens to us, even if we don't understand it at the time.

~~E~~
Mary Ann
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have loved to have seen the Reverend get married also but I do know that Geoffrey loved the storyline for his character and felt it gave him a real challenge to explore.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
DQ4ME

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I do realzie that bad things to happen to good people. That is just life. And I did watch SOM today. and your right, sometimes in our worst trials we find the most strength and faith in God. But I just love the Rev, and thought he was just such an awesome person, I just wanted him to get married and settle down. But had he of been married then Mary Ann you know he might not have had the chance to explore and do more with his characacther.

Carol
Mushcs

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate that storyline too.. and I would love to see Rev Johnson gets married as well. It would be nice for him to find someone that he can spend the rest of his life with.
DQ4ME

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is so true Mushcs. I mean the Rev was always there to help everyone and I just wished he could have settled down with someone. I was really happy to see Jake's heart melt and him fall in love with someone and get married. I wish there would have been more of that in the show, maybe showing them having a baby, and it might would have if the show would have been allowed to continue.

Carol
Mushcs

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya, someone to continue the legacy of a wonderful man.
Mary Ann
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When we interviewed Jim for the DQ Times, he did share with us that his hope had the show continued would actually have been a lot of conflict between Jake and Therese. He felt that it wouldn't have been easy for Jake to adapt to married life and that he would have liked to have explored that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
DQ4ME

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that would have been an interesting thought, Theresa and Jake battleing it out!! Smile

Carol
Mushcs

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both Jake and Therese are strong "minded" person so it would be interesting to see them in their married life.
DQ4ME

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it would have been fun to see them go head to head, because like you said they were very strong minded. Both had such spirit about them.

Carol
Mushcs

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't that remind you of another favourite couple ie strong minded.... Laughing
DQ4ME

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Mushcs it sure does!!!
Rachel First

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

michaela1 wrote:
I would have loved to have seen the Reverend get married also but I do know that Geoffrey loved the storyline for his character and felt it gave him a real challenge to explore.

Michaela, I remember posting about this on the old forum and you saying Geoffrey loved the storyline. I still think it ruined his characher and storyline. He did nothing after going blind but sit around in Loren's store. He couldn't be a part of any adventures after that.
I thought it was a bummer and was hoping he would regain his sight.

DQ4ME

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too always wanted him to gain his sight. I really loved the Rev. He was a good man, and tried to keep peace between the towns people.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The DQ Times Forum Index -> Rewrite Please! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: