The DQ Times Forum Index

The DQ Times
We welcome new members however registration is by administrator only. To join please send an email to michaela1 at aol.com introducing yourself and explaining why you would like to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

The Heart Within Finale
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Bray

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:23 pm    Post subject: The Heart Within Finale Reply with quote

While I do like this episode, I would have ended it a bit differently. Instead of last seeing Michaela crying on the train home I would have ended it in a series of montages without dialogue set to the main theme of Dr Quinn Medicine Woman. It would go something like this:

We see Michaela and Sully going back home on the train. The camera moves in closer to Michaela's face and we soon realize that she is remembering the past. Her face fades into various scenes from the past six seasons.
We see Michaela arriving in Colorado Springs, various scenes of her and sully as well as the children, her marriage to Sully and the birth of Katie, the children growing up and smiling. Next comes a montage showing a Boston hospital. We zoom in on a sign reading: The Cooper-Cook Medical Hospital for the underprivledged. This fades to Colleen and Andrew working side by side in the operation room. This scene fades to Brian the reporter taking notes for a story with the Boston Globe sign looming in the background. Then we fade into a shot of Colorado Springs, The Mercantile, Church, old clinic (without its sign), people are bustling about as normal, except there is a new building in town. The camera zooms in on the entire town including Matthew. We observe a sign which reads: The Josef and Elizabeth Quinn Memorial Hospital - Dr Michaela Quinn M.D. The last shot shows Michaela looking up at her new hosptial, Katie and Sully stand by her side. She looks up and smiles, her dreams achieved with a new life awaiting to begin!
DQ4ME

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Mr Bray that sounds awesome. Yes that would have worked out so well, and I bet been a big hit!! That would have been such a good way to wrap everything up into one neat bundle. From beginning to end. So awesome!!! Very Happy
Mary Ann
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now THAT would have been a wonderful ending!! perfect!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Lynn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds great! I think at the tiem,however, they thought there would be more DQ Movies
Mushcs

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that is a perfect ending.. Wish that you were the writer.
Mary Ann
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lynn even if there had been, they could have worked with that ending. It doesnt make anything final just gives you a feeling all will be well instead of the ending we got. For all we know Mike is still weeping!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Mr. Bray

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone! I just think the ending is too sad. Even though we know Dr. Mike, Sully and the kids will all do well it would have been nice to see! I especailly would have liked to see scenes from the past inlcuded.
DQ4ME

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do agree with you Mr Bray. I too would love to see something like that. How awesome to see. I would be the one left crying, being so sad to know such a good show was to be no more. But the flashback shots would have been fantastic to see.
Anne

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael, I really like the scenario of the final scene as you imagined it. Would have been nice to see it like this because the ending like they did it was very sad indeed.

There's another thing I'd like to re-write ... or better ... erase from the movie. I'd like to completely scratch the Colleen/Andrew bedroom scene and would fire the camera man who shot the Mike&Sully bedroom scene, LOL. He lingered too long around that bedpost and the whole scene was too short anyway. Wink

My YouTube | My Facebook
Mr. Bray

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Anne! LOL Laughing Colleen and Andrew are married and that scene in their bedroom is a tame as it gets. I was glad to see them together as a normal husband and wife.
Anne

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, believe me, Michael. I don't mind any scenes that are not tame. This is not the problem. My problem is that this scene was actually in the movie at all because I really don't care about C&A the couple. But that's just my opinion. Wink

My YouTube | My Facebook
Irene

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:23 pm    Post subject: hi Reply with quote

Gosh I really love your idea Michael Very Happy If only it was that way...I really thought that such a sad end wasn't good for the end of the movie Confused and Anne I'll agree that the scene in the bedroom was too short Laughing Laughing
Lynn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When Michaela speaks at her mother's funurel I cry everytime
Elaine

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your idea for an ending is wonderful, Michael! That would be so much better to remember as the "final" scene of DQMW, than that last sad view of Michaela crying. Oh, I hate that!

I think I'll try to think of your scenario at the end from now on, when I watch the movie.
Mushcs

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lynn wrote:
When Michaela speaks at her mother's funurel I cry everytime

that is one of the most teary part of the movie.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The DQ Times Forum Index -> Rewrite Please! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: