The DQ Times Forum Index

The DQ Times
We welcome new members however registration is by administrator only. To join please send an email to michaela1 at aol.com introducing yourself and explaining why you would like to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Modern Men cancelled? How come?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The DQ Times Forum Index -> Modern Men
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WendyS

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:24 pm    Post subject: Modern Men cancelled? How come? Reply with quote

Anyone know what happened? I watched it and thought it was pretty good, though I wanted more of Jane, of course. Smile

Warmly, Wendy
Mary Ann
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ratings weren't good enough to keep it, the CW only had so many slots for new shows and to be chosen the ratings had to be excellent. MM just never caught on.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Mushcs

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too many shows and not enough time slots. That is what happen.
Madeleine

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:36 pm    Post subject: Hello again!! I'm back!! Reply with quote

Hi!
I havenīt been able to post much lately with school and everything, and I havenīt seen anything from MM in Mexico and that makes me really angry, I think Jane is pretty good in comedy too and I am sorry the show didn't make it. So, what's next for Jane on TV? Any idea?
Madeleine.
Irene

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:10 pm    Post subject: hi Reply with quote

For now I haven't heard anything for TV but we're anxiously expecting Jane's new movie Blind Dating Wink
DQ4ME

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched all the eps of Modern Men and thought the show was funny and cute. And Jane was great. It could have toned down on being a little on the crass side, but other then that it was a cute show. Can't understand why it just didn't make it. Les doesn't seem to like "Family" shows so he really should have loved this show. It sure wasn't made for children.
Elaine

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard that Les has "bad feelings" for Jane, so I wouldn't be surprised if that had something to do with it. But I believe that the "numbers" (ratings) for the show weren't very good. It wasn't given much publicity or a very good time slot, so it was really pretty much doomed from the start.
Mary Ann
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Irene don't get your hopes up about that movie, Jane has a very small role in it and she does NOT look like the Jane you know. She wears a grey wig and - well not the way we want to see her trust me Smile I just do NOT undersstand why a woman who was just named the tenth most beautiful woman in Britain, who only a few years ago was the tenth most beautiful woman in the WORLD according to one poll can NOT get a decent role anymore!! If she looks too young as she says for the parts she is trying out for, why not try out for slightly younger roles then to start? I dont' think Jane would have any problem playing 46 or so.

Sigh
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Irene

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:19 am    Post subject: hi Reply with quote

Oh Mary Ann I thought that Jane had a good part in that movie Sad Gosh this is so frustrating Confused I mean actresses who are so less talented than Jane get roles Mad
Elaine

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Irene, you are so right! It seems as if everything now is "how cheaply can we do this?" It's cheaper to do a "reality" show, becuase they don't have to pay established "stars" to do it. No one cares about "quality" anymore. Jane is "quality"!
Mushcs

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elaine wrote:
Irene, you are so right! It seems as if everything now is "how cheaply can we do this?" It's cheaper to do a "reality" show, becuase they don't have to pay established "stars" to do it. No one cares about "quality" anymore. Jane is "quality"!

Agreed Elaine. Some network are just so cheap these days, they don't really care anymore. They just want to get their profit and keeps it!
DQ4ME

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jane is such a hard working actresses. And she has a good name, and is beautiful, so what is the problem? I guess her name isn't in the papers and news for being sluty, or drinking or doing drugs etc. What has happend to good women getting good roles? Why do all the trashy women get the good roles? What is the deal with people???
Elaine

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently they're choosing the actors from the same demographic that they're trying to capture.
DQ4ME

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess you are right Elaine. How sad is that?
Elaine

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is very sad, Carol. The newer generations of actors and actresses aren't nearly as dedicated to their craft. Just reading the newspapers every day, I see where one after another is getting in trouble, or even causing trouble on the movie locations. Their egos are way more important to them than doing quality work.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The DQ Times Forum Index -> Modern Men All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: