The DQ Times Forum Index

The DQ Times
We welcome new members however registration is by administrator only. To join please send an email to michaela1 at aol.com introducing yourself and explaining why you would like to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

How I started loving the show
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The DQ Times Forum Index -> How did you discover Dr. Quinn?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jen jen

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing your Dr. Quinn story with us! Very Happy The Boston episode is a great one indeed. It has to be one of my favourites too. Wink LOL I won't even start talking about the train scene, it's such a classic... Razz Very Happy
romy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Thank you all for sharing those intimate stories.

I first saw DQ when it aired here in Germany and I think I was about 8 or 9. Back then I liked it but I didn't watch it on a regular basis. Then some years later they reshowed it on TV and that's when I watched it more regularly. I really started being a "real fan" about one or two years ago when they showed it for the third time (all six seasons). I taped every single one on video. Now that the dvds finally are available in Germany as well I started buying them. DQ is still on TV here and I guess there are actually showing it for the 5th time in general and for the 3rd time without months or years of break in between. Very Happy

You know I have friends who watched it too (just not that often like I did) and I have friends who always sniggered at me for watching it saying things like "That shows is so unrealistic. Everything is always coming out well in the end." I learned that it doesn't help to discuss comments about realitiy of a show with people that are watching "Charmed". (Don't mena to offense anyone... Wink )

In the end those friends ended up watching at least some episodes just to be able to talk about it as well and then their comments had changed to things like "I loved their wedding and the scene in the train when they went on their honeymoon..."

I'm just so thankful for that show! I've learned quite a lot through it and it helped me through the time my parents separated one year ago.

Thank you for reading this. I know it's a really long post... Embarassed Smile
jen jen

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for sharing your story, Romy. Very Happy It wasn't long at all. Wink

Wow you lucky Germans having Dr. Quinn on TV on so many reruns. LOL I am so jealous. Wink It has never been on rerun here where I live, so I hadn't seen seasons 1-3 until this year when I finally got them on DVD. I started watching the show from the 4th season onwards, so I missed the first three. Now I have seen those seasons a couple of times and absolutely love them. Very Happy

I know what you mean about some friends commenting on the show without even knowing what it was about. I got that a lot, because none of my friends used to watch it and they thought it was silly. Rolling Eyes That's why I am happy that places like this exist - I can finally share my thoughts about the show here with people who appreciate it too. Yay! Very Happy Cool
romy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

**Jen Jen** (By the way...What's your real name? is it jenny???) Embarassed Wink

I know excatly what you mean with being happy to have a place like this to chat about DQ! I also appreciate having found such a nice community here on this board as well as on FOJ!!! Very Happy I never expected to meet friends at boards like this and FOJ but I did indeed meet people who have become close friends. It doesn't really matter that I've never met them in person because I know that I will still do so. Wink Very Happy

And yes, we are lucky here in Germany... Wink though the dvds just came out last year and the show has stopped many years ago. I wonder why they came out so late here... With the dvds being on the market here as well I'm finally able to watch the original version with the real voices. Smile
jen jen

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my name is Jenni (with an i...it's a Finnish version of Jenny I guess. Wink ), but you can call me Jenni or Jen or whatever. I don't really mind. Very Happy

Yes it's great to *meet* people all over the world, especially when you are interested in the same kinds of things. I, too, have made some dear friends via online and have been lucky enough to be able to meet some of them, and we had sooo much to talk about. Smile

I actually ordered the German DVD of season 3 sometime before Christmas. They haven't released them here at all and I can't view region 1, so that was the only possibility for me to be able to see it. Luckily, it has the original voices on it, because my German isn't all that good. I am glad you have been able to watch it with the real voices too. I think Hank's voice is so funny and just suits his character perfectly. Wink Laughing
romy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Jenni you're right. I think many voices suit the characters well. What I often like when I can't watch the original versions is that the german voices often suit well too, though I also prefer the original ones. In the dubbed versions they often try to use voices that are similar to the original ones. Wink
jen jen

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I see. I did listen to the dubbing once, but since I am not used to it at all (we do subtitles here in my country), I just found it really odd. I guess it was because I already knew how the actors sounded. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The DQ Times Forum Index -> How did you discover Dr. Quinn? All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: