The DQ Times Forum Index

The DQ Times
We welcome new members however registration is by administrator only. To join please send an email to michaela1 at aol.com introducing yourself and explaining why you would like to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Non DQ Videos
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mushcs

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jen jen wrote:
I've made a couple of new videos. The first one is not really a Dr. Quinn video. It's just a little tribute to some of the actresses and singers I've found inspirational.

Suddenly I See (is there a separate thread for other videos than Dr. Quinn ones...? Sorry if this is a wrong place to post this...)

Here's a little video I made last night. It contains some still pics of Michaela and Sully: The Nearness of You

And here's my first video again, uploaded in Youtube this time (I remember someone was asking me to upload it there for them to be able to view it): Wishing & Hoping

jen jen

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Canice, for moving my non-Dr. Quinn video to a different topic. Wink Very Happy I might have some other videos to share soon too, if my creative mood stays like this for a bit longer. Razz Laughing
Mushcs

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are welcome... Hope to see more of your creation soon.
Winnie

Location: Denmark (The Land of The Little Mermaid and other fairytales)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at this!!!

My first fan made music video (emoticon for "running wildly around in excitement" missing).
DQ is in it, but as there are a multitude of other series and movies in it I decided it was better to post it here:

Blatis Nugas Productions Theme Song 2011

Please let me know what you think. I'd really like to know what I should work on for future videos.
Jeske

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh Wow Winnie, that was awesome! I don't watch a lot of sci fi shows, but you included so many of my favorite costume dramas! It was really dramatic and the song really fitted the scenes you chose. Great!
Mary Ann
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winnie that was absolutely amazing editing! What made you think of putting that song and those scenes with the sci fi footage? You definitely have a talent here! I'd love to see yu do more! Actually if that's on U tube I think you should share it on facebook if you haven't already. Would LOVE to see what you could do with my fav show Castle!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Winnie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jeske and Mary Ann!

The idea came because I saw a lot of other video makers have an intro to their fan videos, and then it just escalated to "wouldn't it be cool with a new intro/theme song each year so people would know which year the videos are from."
Since I was already thinking of making separate videos for a lot of shows to this song, I just decided to put them together in one and use a short instrumental version of the song as in intro.
Originally it was going to be only scifi because I didn't think period dramas would fit the lyrics, but then I decided to try and fit them into the verses. DQ was the only period drama show I could think of that would fit the choruses.

Mary Ann, I would gladly make a video for you with Castle, except I don't know it and therefore have never seen it.
Mary Ann
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well since Jane is going to be guest starring on it in 2 weeks, you may want to get familiar with it Smile

Check out some of the U tube music videos those of you who've never seen it to get a feel for the show.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Anne

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Winnie, that's fantastic! Very Happy
Awesome editing, it must have taken you quite a while. Smile

I was just confused when I read "North and South". It's certainly not the "North and South" I know, with Patrick Swayze, right? Wink

My YouTube | My Facebook
Winnie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anne wrote:
Wow Winnie, that's fantastic! Very Happy
Awesome editing, it must have taken you quite a while. Smile

Thank you, Anne!
It took many late nights, maybe a month or so.

Anne wrote:
I was just confused when I read "North and South". It's certainly not the "North and South" I know, with Patrick Swayze, right? Wink

Oh yeah, should have made that clearer. It's Elizabeth Gaskell's "North and South". She also wrote "Wives and Daughters".

I do love the other "North and South", but I don't have it on my PC yet.

I probably could have included clips from a dozen more movies/series, but I decided this was enough.
Anne

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it's over 6 minutes long which is pretty good. Smile You could make sort of a sequel if you'd like and include a couple other films and series, but I already found a few favorites in this one already. Smile

My YouTube | My Facebook
Winnie

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anne, I'm planing on making a new one for next year, but with a different song.

This weekend I'm going to finish a video I've been working on. I took a break from it because I couldn't figure out what was missing, but I think I know now. Non-DQ though.

Oh, and Mary Ann, I watched Castle and I'm totally hooked and once I've finished with the other one this weekend, I'll be making one for Castle and Beckett. I'll also start working on a DQ video.
Irene

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winnie all I have to say is that this video is an amazing work! Wonderfully put together clips, the scenes totally matching with the peaks of the song and everything! I loved it and I've already added it as a favourite Very Happy
Thank u for sharing it with us Wink
Winnie

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much, Irene, for adding it to your favourites. I appreciate it! Very Happy
Winnie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I finally uploaded another video.
Just wanted to share it with you guys. It's scifi but I'd really like to know what you gals think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5wxnyAiau0

New link!!! I changed it a bit and moved it to another channel where it's not blocked in Germany.

Last edited by Winnie on Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The DQ Times Forum Index -> Let's Create! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: