The DQ Times Forum Index

The DQ Times
We welcome new members however registration is by administrator only. To join please send an email to michaela1 at aol.com introducing yourself and explaining why you would like to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

MODERN MEN TAPING
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The DQ Times Forum Index -> Modern Men
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anja

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elaine wrote:
Being in "the wrong country" has nothing to do with anything, you guys! I live "in the right country," but I can't see those tapings either! It's purely by "chance" that Lynn lives close enough to go. And it's wonderful that she's sharing the experience with us! Let's just keep a positive spin on it, instead of griping about not being able to go.

~~E~~

I see it the same way and love to read from all your experiences.
DQ4ME

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree with Elaine. I live in the USA also but Calf. is at least a thousand miles away. I enjoy reading about Lynn's experience anyway. You could live right next door to the studio but not be garenteed a ticket to the show. I hate it for Jane if it doesn't make it. Most of you know I don't own a TV so I wouldn't have watched it anyway. ( Don't anyone take a offense to that). All my DQ are on DVD. I am going to rent Somewhere in time, and War and Remeberence. I do want to see those two. I do like some kinds of older movies. I just don't have a whole lot of time to sit down and watch a lot of stuff. Chatting with you all is my one thing I do when I get a few minutes.

Carol
Elaine

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I'm ignorant, but Carol, if you don't own a TV, what do you watch the DVDs on? Embarassed

~~E~~
Ronja

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elaine wrote:
I guess I'm ignorant, but Carol, if you don't own a TV, what do you watch the DVDs on? Embarassed

~~E~~

Loool.....I don't have a TV...because I always watch my DVDs at my PC and in that PC I put a TV-card. So it's a TV and PC in one.

Elaine, I think, she watches them at the PC.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I have a regular DVD player. Then I have a 9 inch portable DVD player and also my computer plays DVD's on it. That is what I watch my stuff on. And really the only other things that I watch are Bios, and true story stuff and mainly DQ. I might watch a old Jerry Lewis movie sometimes but I don't really have a lot of time to watch much. In fact I watch DQ at work all day. I take my 9 inch to work and lock it up in my drawer when I leave Monday thur Friday, then on Friday I take it home in case I want to sit in bed and watch something late at night. But usually I don't because I am on the go so much.

Carol
Elaine

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, that's cool! Where do you work that you can watch DQ all day? I may consider getting a job if I could do that....lol! Laughing

I think we have a DVD thingy on our computer, but I'm not sure. We have a TV 4 ft. away from it, so it really wouldn't matter. We have two other TVs too, but rarely watch anything lately. My husband likes to watch The History Channel. Rolling Eyes

I wish I had a portable DVD player for our trip in a couple of weeks. I can't think of anything I'd rather do while flying than watch DQ! Very Happy

~~E~~
DQ4ME

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elaine, a portable DVD player is well worth the money. My son gave me one for Mothers Day last year. And I love it. My husband and I have been to ARk about 5 times this year. It is a five hour drive and we put the DVD player on the dash board, and watch DVD's and the time flies. Well I watch and he glances at it!! I work at a mortgage company and my boss and co workers have little tv's on their desk to watch soap operas, and so I brought my DVD player to watch DQ. I have an awesome boss. She lets us sit in our offices and watch stuff. As long as we are working she doesn't mind. I stack loans and make sure all the documents are in the file, and then I take it to the copy room for the copy girl to copy the file and she sends the original on to the investor! I love my job. When we had cubicals before we got our offices, I had to wear headphones to watch DQ, but now I don't have to I just shut my door. Love this job!!! Laughing
Carol
Irene

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:23 am    Post subject: hi Reply with quote

Elaine you are right...we have to keep a positive attitude.... Very Happy
And Carol what a great job.....It's really important to like the job you are doing Wink
Lynn

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not just lucky enough to live close enough to go to these tapings I am lucky that I am now retired. I could not have spent 7 - 9 hours going to these if I was still working or if my children were still small. I never got to go to see any of the DQ filmings or to the star cerimony or either of the reunions because I did not know about them. I did not find out about these things until I retired and found these things on the internet. I only used the internet to e mail my kids when they were in college while I was working. I have always been a Jane fan and of course a DQ fan, but I never knew about these wonderful things I missed out on. I can only hope this show gets restarted because I have love going. I can only hope other things happen in this area that I can take part in. Most of all if my observations are correct and Jane Seymour is enjoying doing this series I hope it will continue so she can continue enjoying it and that it leads to even more opportunities for her to use her acting talents for all of us to enjoy.

Last edited by Lynn on Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
DQ4ME

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Lynn I am glad that you have gotten to go to the tapings. I have never even seen Jane in person. And I didn't really think much about her until Jan of this year when I started watching DQ. I mean I have seen her on other older movies, like The Awaking Land, and Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders, years ago when I was in high school, and liked her and thought she was pretty but never really thought that much about her, but when I started watching DQ I was totally hooked!! Laughing Now I love her to death. I truely wish they would bring back DQ. I wish another network could take over it and go with it. I just found out a few months ago about this website also, I never even knew stuff like this existd, but glad that it does.

Carol
Elaine

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lynn~~

Hey, I'm with you all the way on the retirement business! Laughing Since my husband retired a year and a half ago, we've been enjoying life like never before! Wink He's working part-time right now, just for a little extra money, but otherwise we can do what we want, when we want. Our kids have been "gone" for a few years. Wink

Retirement rocks! Very Happy

~~E~~
Lynn

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My husband retired too, but has taken another job. He wants to finish paying off our house saying we will live more comfortable without a house payment on our retirement income. I however have stayed retired so I can go to things like the tapings. I wonder if Jane Seymour is disapointed about the stopping at 6 shows too. I would assume so, but of course she knows more of the chances of it contiuing or dieing after 6 shows. I don't know the business.
Irene

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:34 am    Post subject: hi Reply with quote

Lynn I don't think Jane will be disapointed if the show stops...Well she might be a little bit frustrated at the start but I think after so many years of her working in this business she definitely knows how to handle situations like this one.I suppose she'll except the changes....and think that something better will come up.

Of course I wish the show won't stop cause it really sounds like a good concept Wink
Mary Ann
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well while I know Jane has to be used to disappointments in the industry I would think this will be very difficult for her because she's waited so long to come back to television. I have to say personally I wish she had been given something like Commander and Chief to return in because that had 'hit' written on it before it even aired. Jane is so wonderful in drama and I wish she would get a chance to show that again with a fabulous script. I'm not much on sitcoms, at least not now- I used to love things like Family Ties, Growing Pains etc but that was when sitcoms weren't just about cheap laughs but were written with intelligence and compassion. Sitcoms nowadays with the except of a few like 'Reba' are played for the quick laugh and I think Jane is better than that. Mind you if it's cute and she enjoys doing it, I'm all for it but my fear is if this fails or isn't given a chance she may shy away from tv again for a while and I would miss her.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Elaine

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As wonderful as Jane is, she probably can't "make" the show a success by herself. Would DQ have been the great show it was if the ensemble cast hadn't been what it was? If the "chemistry" between the cast on this show isn't just right, no matter what Jane does, it's not going to "make it." Let's just hope that the viewing public likes it once it gets aired.

Some of the shows that are successful today though, I think are "garbage," so there's no telling what will happen. It seems like the shows that I prefer never stick around for long...but that's probably because my taste differs from the general public. I dislike gratuitous sex and violence, and foul language turns me "off" everytime!

~~E~~
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The DQ Times Forum Index -> Modern Men All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: